The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think there's really any other option besides 5A/5B/20S in TZA. You get to buy the second Genji Glove, plus a free Ribbon.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LP farming is mostly pointless, anyhow. I had my board maxed out halfway through the game back when everyone had the entire thing in PS2. The Mines in Bujena (sp?) have bridges where tons of skeletons spawn and you can grind up to crazy chain levels (think I had a 500 chain once?) and be rolling in cash on top of it. In ZA, I just unlocked passives and then gear ones as the gear appeared. Granted I did a couple runs to L16 on the trial mode to get a couple items, but even without that the skeleton farm bridge is so easy you can basically be in a situation of never having to grind if you three hours of time in there.

Vorph Vorph
That actually sounds better, because I really did not nail the harder stuff until I ridiculously grinded my way up and I wanted the Zodiac Spear to do that. Ribbons are a lot harder to come by in this version, though you really do not strictly need them for Yiazmat if I recall correctly. Have you ever tried Yiazmat with a high evade tank? Does evade matter against him like it did against Hellwyrm? If so, then fuck it I might try him after grinding some levels this time, because fuck Mallet farming.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PS- if your party is tough enough to AFK in the Aldremech fight, you can set up gambits and AFK overnight in that battle and do the same thing as the Jelly farm.

Vorph

It's been a while, don't remember exactly what I used in IZJS. I thought Yiazmat ignored evasion though? I'm not there yet this time, and it'll probably be the last thing I do in the game. I figure I'll just use a standard Shikari/Monk, Knight/Time Battlemage, White Mage/Machinist setup. Without being able to equip Yagyu Darkblade, Genji Gloves, and Black Mask&Robes on the same character I'm really not looking forward to how long it's going to take.

And yeah, I can't see the point of LP farming either, unless you're wearing Cat-Ear Hoods while doing it.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fun fact: Yaizmat (with only ten million hp instead of fifty million) is fight 97 in trial mode.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ya they adjusted him for the Trials lolz, was 5mill version on IZJS, on Yiazmat though I'm curious if the ATB glitch still works on him with ZA, work has been hectic so I haven't been able too play..

Last edited:

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nailed Zodiark, but that's no accomplishment if you know the fight: Step 1- Mirror Mail + Scathe self gambit, Step 2- Phoenix Down + Pheasant Netsesukes, Step 3- Level to a prime number level, Step 4- ....., Step 5-Mist Chain right before the 20% Mark, Step 6- Profit! Probably goes from the second hardest fight in the game to the easiest, once you know how he works. The dungeon crawl to him is actually more dangerous than he is (but the best XP farm in the game).

So now I just have Ultima (whom I have been skipping for reasons C colossalFISH noted) and Yiazmat, if I want to grind out the shit to fight him. I really need at least one dark element weapon (ideally the Yagu-Darkblade) and probably the second Genji Glove to make a reasonable attempt and the secret hunt is tedious as hell, on top of involving that Great Crystal shit-show of a dungeon. Then of course, I need a couple hours free to actually do the fucking fight..... Wife timed me on Hellwyrm (which was a few levels and boss kills ago) and that took me 40ish minutes to pull off at 54. That means I am likely facing a six hour battle against him unless I can get a dark element genji glove character out there (or a second genji user).

Right now, I am looking at a team with probably Fran (Breaker Archer) tanking with potion gambits, since evasion tanking is useless against him. Then I would like to get Ashe (Ninja/White Mage) in there (hopefully with Yagu-Darkness) or Vann (Red/Machinist) with Ragnorak if I lack that ninja blade as my main healer. Basch (Knight/Bushi) with Masamune and full Genji setup is definitely got to be there, since he combos like mad. I _could_ probably win like that, after grinding a couple more levels, but it would be a long fucking fight. Of course then my OCD would make me want to beat trial mode and get all the shit for the other two trophies I am missing.......

I hate how much I love this game.....

Vorph

Ya they adjusted him for the Trials lolz, was 5mill version on IZJS, on Yiazmat though I'm curious if the ATB glitch still works on him with ZA, work has been hectic so I haven't been able too play..
Guide says the trial version is still just 3.77M, did they actually bump it up to 10M?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He might only be around 4million. I got up to it and saw him and was gauging the bar drop against Hellwyrm (also in the trials), so I could be way off. Either way, it was taking far to long to gank him and at that point you are already hurting for consumables so bad that you know pretty fast if you are going to pull it off or not. There are also like zero fucking breaks between fights for simple shit like rebuffing after the last boss went rapemode on you or gear/gambit swaps. So even with the lower HP bars and less sealed commands, you pretty much need to be massively over leveled and geared to do it, by my reckoning. I gave up roughly ten minutes in, but I got an idea how much I need to progress my guys if I am going to kill the real Yaizmat (barring doing silly shit like the corridor chimping that takes years).

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And done with the game.... Fucking trophy bugged (I move between consoles in my bedroom and living room with saves) or Id have platted this, but like fuck if I am repeating the Yiazmat fight. I pooched the first attempt three hours in because it bugged and kept doing the double its level thing. Fucker was hitting me for 30k when I gave up. That made me cave in and go farm all of the fucking break skills I was missing. FYI for people who have played prior versions, they lifted the cap on how low you can debuff him and the late game fight boost is no longer hardcapped at 7k, more like somewhat soft capped at 12k per hit. I could not combine all the key things on one guy, but after Fran de-testiclified him, I had Ashe (Yagu, Black Robe, Germinias Boots), Penelo (tank mage ftw), and Bash (Masamune, Genji Glove, spam bravery on all) all DPSing him, since his only effective attack against me were his occasional random KOs. Even with fast forward on and Ashe ripping off 20k whacks in combo chunks, the fight still took 45 minutes to finish. Vayne was fucking hall trash compared for me when I finished the game up. If anyone wants to get that kill with minimal preparation work, I will gladly give a detailed full strategy for doing it casually. Pretty sure anyone willing to hit the Pharos basement and Zodiark area can repeat it, without even having to gank most of the espers in the game.

Was nice not to have to endure bullshit for hours to beat him, but fuck if he was not trivial with the breaker going to work on him. Like Zodiarc, Ultima, and the Pharos summoner guy were all harder to beat. Definitely not the same accomplishment as doing it on the PS2 version. Still, I enjoyed every minute of this game. And thus my grand replay of all FF games comes to an end after three years. No fucking way am I touching 13 again or 15. Hell, I am skipping x-2. Guess I will replay Tactics and Tactics Ogre again....

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Man the chest system in this game is super retarded. Let's put all of the best gear in chests that have a 5% chance of spawning without any way of the player even knowing a chest should be there.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
No point farming Cerobi in this version, can get it all elsewhere. Go through once to get Telekinesis and maybe you'll get lucky but otherwise just move on.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, I'd stick around to get Cleanse as well in the Terraced area, but yeah there's other ways to get all the other gear. Not much better and potentially worse in some cases, but definitely other ways.

Vorph

There's basically 4 types of chests in Cerobi: 1%, 2%, 5%, and 8%. Pretty much all the top-tier items are 1's or 2's, but there's almost always another no-respawn chest somewhere with the item in it (but it could be in Henne Mines optional area, the Great Crystal, or it could be just about at the end of the game). If you wanted more than one or don't want to wait, you either farm Cerobi, do something far worse like try to get a 1% drop or 3% steal, or do without.

I can't think of any Cerobi weapons worth the bother unless you need two Yagyu Darkblades for some reason. Armor is a different story entirely.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah your party setup is probably such that you aren't using the same weapon types more than once for the most part. The armor is different, you might have 2 or 3 people that want the same armor.

Still, the chest system is stupid. Trying to get a few of the chests in Pharos Subterra like the Ribbon is just tedious

Vorph

I was wrong about one thing though. I forgot that Diamond Armlet changes chests from the usual 50/50 split to 95% Knot / 5% ItemYouWant. So the percentages are actually 0.1/0.2/0.5/0.8 ... oops.

And yeah, I have 3 heavy and 3 mystic, since light armor is essentially useless. You might use a piece or two if you're super optimized and a character hits 99's without full heavy or mystic, but that's it. I think I'll probably use second/third best heavy armor on my Bushi/Monk and Black/Red Mage though, and maybe Genji stuff on one of the others. I definitely don't have the patience for 0.1% Grand Helm/Armor chests.