The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Going to the Distant Worlds concert on Saturday in LA

Was my Christmas present from my wife and I am so damn excited.

I know I won't have the time at all to play any of the Royal add-on stuff, but fuck it, I know I'll bite when the upgrade becomes available.
The Plushies are top end, if you want em.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Going to the Distant Worlds concert on Saturday in LA

Was my Christmas present from my wife and I am so damn excited.

I know I won't have the time at all to play any of the Royal add-on stuff, but fuck it, I know I'll bite when the upgrade becomes available.

So jelly. It turns up in London every now and then but London is a pretty long drive :(

Hope it's good

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So jelly. It turns up in London every now and then but London is a pretty long drive :(

Hope it's good
how good it is, depends on your ff gaming, imo.

i went to one b4 ffxv came out, and love it, went to the jan one after ffxv came out and didn't care for it since i didn't play ffxv and 30% of it was ffxv

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
how good it is, depends on your ff gaming, imo.

i went to one b4 ffxv came out, and love it, went to the jan one after ffxv came out and didn't care for it since i didn't play ffxv and 30% of it was ffxv

Yeah I can imagine that'd be the case. I wish I'd gone just after XIV had released because they had Susan Calloway doing Answers live.

I'm not actually sure I'd be able to handle seeing this live though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks, dude

I'm pretty stoked and as long as there are a few classics in there, I'll be happy
You'll enjoy it, don't bother recording anything btw, all the distant world's get put on YouTube by fans, so just sit back and enjoy, are you going with wife?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
You'll enjoy it, don't bother recording anything btw, all the distant world's get put on YouTube by fans, so just sit back and enjoy, are you going with wife?

It was amazing. Nobuo Uematsu was in the crowd and everyone went crazy. The ushers were really strict on people recording and multiple times would go down the aisles to tell people to put their phones away, lol

Yeah, I went with my wife. She's not a gamer at all, but really liked watching me play though XV and has since really started to dig FF. She loves the music and she had a blast, if only to see me geek out

Yeah I'd love to hear

Melodies of Life

and
Terra's Theme
The most I think

From the top of my head, they played

Battle on the Big Bridge - FFV
Theme of Love - FFIV
Searching for Friends - FFVI
Opera Scene - FFVI - This was pretty cool in that they had 3 opera singers do the actual singing parts. This was kind of the climax of the whole show
Bombing Mission - FFVII
Aerith's Theme - FFVII
One Winged Angel - FFVII
The Oath - FFVIII
Liberi Fatali - FFVIII
You're Not Alone - FFIX
To Zanarkand - FFX
Something from XII I don't remember the name of
Fang's Theme - FFXIII
Heavensward - FFXIV
Apocolypsis Noctic - FFXV

I guess if I had a complaint, I would have loved a battle theme or two in there. I'd rather have Blinded by Light or The Promise for XIII instead of Fang's Theme, but oh well. I'd also kill for a live rendition of A Light in the Storm from FFXIV, but I don't think they've ever done that before

All in all, I thought it was amazing. Hearing Aerith's Theme live was all I wanted it to be

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Terra's Theme
My favorite.

Theme of Love - FFIV
Opera Scene - FFVI - This was pretty cool in that they had 3 opera singers do the actual singing parts. This was kind of the climax of the whole show
Bombing Mission - FFVII
Aerith's Theme - FFVII
One Winged Angel - FFVII
The Oath - FFVIII
Liberi Fatali - FFVIII
You're Not Alone - FFIX
To Zanarkand - FFX
Fang's Theme - FFXIII
Heavensward - FFXIV

I guess if I had a complaint, I would have loved a battle theme or two in there. I'd rather have Blinded by Light or The Promise for XIII instead of Fang's Theme, but oh well. I'd also kill for a live rendition of A Light in the Storm from FFXIV, but I don't think they've ever done that before

All in all, I thought it was amazing. Hearing Aerith's Theme live was all I wanted it to be

Pretty awesome setlist tho :). Battle music should have been Decisive Battle or... The FF7 battle theme I forget the name of.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was amazing. Nobuo Uematsu was in the crowd and everyone went crazy. The ushers were really strict on people recording and multiple times would go down the aisles to tell people to put their phones away, lol

Yeah, I went with my wife. She's not a gamer at all, but really liked watching me play though XV and has since really started to dig FF. She loves the music and she had a blast, if only to see me geek out

Theme of Love - FFIV
Bombing Mission - FFVII
Aerith's Theme - FFVII
One Winged Angel - FFVII
The Oath - FFVIII
Liberi Fatali - FFVIII
You're Not Alone - FFIX
To Zanarkand - FFX
Fang's Theme - FFXIII
Heavensward - FFXIV

You didn't see any cosplayers? Shoulda been a few, these events are crazy fans, I sat next to this non fan guy and he went with his girl, then I just talked to her and noticed her cute chocobo tat and you'd my wife. Then we're like, you git moogle? You gotta have moogle, and it was on her other arm, then we called out tonberry and she started stripping and it was on her inner thigh, oknight on the other thing, she ended it with a full back tat of valefor

• 1Picard

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You didn't see any cosplayers? Shoulda been a few, these events are crazy fans, I sat next to this non fan guy and he went with his girl, then I just talked to her and noticed her cute chocobo tat and you'd my wife. Then we're like, you git moogle? You gotta have moogle, and it was on her other arm, then we called out tonberry and she started stripping and it was on her inner thigh, oknight on the other thing, she ended it with a full back tat of valefor

blown.gif

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider

Cosplayers all over the place. Two dudes a couple rows ahead were dressed as Noctis and Ignis and I gotta admit it was pretty spot on

Nothing as exciting as what you saw though, lol

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Terras theme and to Zanarkand are my two favorite ff songs ever.

The power "To Zanarkand" has when you're on the road leading to Yunalesca is awesome as fuck. The game nails that atmosphere of you being powerless and caught up in a cycle of death.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had zandarkand at wedding, couldn't really fit it in anywhere it was just where ever, eyes on me was fine for cake cutting
That's fuckin cool.

A few years ago my newborn son wouldn't sleep unless it was on. Listened to a lot of 10 hour versions of that song

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So question, got a PS4 and I'm itching to scratch final fantasy bug while on a break from XIV. Should I play XV, or get one of the remasters (IX, X, XII)? Disclaimer that both IX and X are in my top 4 of them all, and I really liked XII for at least half of the game before story got a little stale for me (also not sure I like the forced classes).

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
X remaster. XV is awful beyond words, avoid at all costs. The game was obviously designed for idiots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users