The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
finally getting around to playing World of Final Fantasy. great game so far, 6 hours in. hits all the right nostalgia feels without being a rehash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
FF12 Zodiac age comes to steam

CE for PC up on SE store
FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] | Square Enix Store

7e01377670a2e88bd24d42092842447d_1920_KR.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
warning that the PC version of Zodiac Age will have Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM, which has been known to cause pretty heavy slowdown in other games. wait for reviews before purchasing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Denuvo hasn't caused any slowdowns, at least none that was very noticeable, just like it hasn't destroyed HDDs. It does have a slight ressource hit obviously and completely fucks with some types of modding, but it really doesn't do a whole lot other than that. Considering how many games use Denuvo, if it caused heavy slowdowns it'd be a pretty big problem.

Now I'd still rather they don't use it, or at least remove it after a couple of weeks if they're worried about initial sales(which is really where most of the piracy losses are) but there's a lot of Boogeyman stories about Denuvo that are mostly random unsubstantiated bullshit. They might also have Denuvo because they're tired of people fiddling with FF and modding them with shit, Square seems really weird about the whole modding thing, asking people not to mod licensed content or 18+ content, as if somehow it could impact them directly.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Dissiddia NT beta went live on PS4 a day or two ago. Haven't had a chance to play much yet.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The beta was ok, I don't think the game is as good as Duodecim or the original though.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
I saw this and wondered what it was. Standard Jrpg?

I only played the first, but it was basically a Final Fantasy fighting game. Pretty unique at that and I enjoyed what I played, but using a PSP was kind of a pain in the ass. Curious to see how this controls.

Worth checking out a gameplay vid and seeing if it looks like your type of thing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Denuvo hasn't caused any slowdowns, at least none that was very noticeable, just like it hasn't destroyed HDDs. It does have a slight ressource hit obviously and completely fucks with some types of modding, but it really doesn't do a whole lot other than that. Considering how many games use Denuvo, if it caused heavy slowdowns it'd be a pretty big problem.

Now I'd still rather they don't use it, or at least remove it after a couple of weeks if they're worried about initial sales(which is really where most of the piracy losses are) but there's a lot of Boogeyman stories about Denuvo that are mostly random unsubstantiated bullshit. They might also have Denuvo because they're tired of people fiddling with FF and modding them with shit, Square seems really weird about the whole modding thing, asking people not to mod licensed content or 18+ content, as if somehow it could impact them directly.

Quick someone get the timer ready, for the denuvo hack.

Last edited:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
For anyone planning on playing XII on Steam and wants to use every job in the Zodiac system, I personally used this setup which I found to work pretty well.

Vaan - Shikari/Foebreaker
Espers - Belius
Quickenings - 1, 3, 4

Penelo - Black Mage/Monk
Espers - Ultima, Chaos, Zodiark
Quickenings - 1, 2, 4

Basch - Knight/ Time Battlemage
Espers - Mateus, Hashmal, Adramalech
Quickenings - 1, 2, 4

Fran - Red Battlemage/Archer
Esper - Cúchulainn, Zeromus, Shemhazai
Quickenings - 1, 2, 4

Ashe - Bushi/Uhlan
Espers - Zalera
Quickenings - 2, 3, 4

Balthier - White Mage/Machinist
Espers - Famfrit
Quickenings - 1, 2, 4

Reasoning:

Vaan - He can massively debuff the opponent with Wither, Expose, Shear and Addle whilst being really fast and having really good dps with ninja swords. You only give him Belius because otherwise he would be without an esper. He's always got a Steal gambit on with daggers so he can grab shit efficiently and fast.

Penelo - This gives her a huge HP pool, great strength and haste with the ability to cast insanely strong spells. It lets her fill in the role your group is missing whether that be more frontline beef or magic damage.

Basch - A knight with full haste is powerful as hell anyway, especially once you start getting some of the stronger greatswords in the game. You can have him tank really efficiently and he can also maintain Decoy, Hastega and Slowga which is really nice because Knights typically don't have much to do and this frees up your healer to actually heal or pump out some DPS. You can also chuck a crossbow on him if you need to hit flying mobs.

Fran - Archer is the weaker of the jobs, but it does come with the ability for her to equip bows which is useful through certain segments with certain bows. Red Mage is great but typically pretty slow and Archer has the ability to get all the Swiftness nodes. She's my secondary magic DPS and stealer. She can actually do it amazingly efficiently once you get Black Magic 10 after giving her Cuchulainn. Good healer too and great user of Esuna.

Ashe - Her role is to dish out damage and semi tank. She dishes out amazing constant damage, and you can actively choose between Spears and Katana depending on what you're fighting or what weapon you have. There's not much to this role, it deals a lot of damage and is tanky. Ashe has great stats for Bushi, but you'll probably be using the Zodiac spear.

Balthier - He's got stats that are amazing for White Mage, and you generally want your White Mage to be doing nothing other than focusing on healing most of the time. Machinist is probably one of the weakest jobs in the game, but it's great paired with White Mage because it gives you Swiftness and the ability to use guns which are a great offset to the relatively low stats that White Mage has, due to guns not requiring any stats. Late game time magic from the MCH tree lets you get Hastega too.

Obviously these are just my choices, you can mess around however you like.

spronk

FPS noob
Final Fantasy XV coming to PC March 6th, i think its the royal edition. Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition coming March 6th as well to consoles, i think its like a season 2 pass ? You can upgrade to royal for $20 if you own FF15 already on console

I bought the game at launch and have played like 1 hour, i really should play some day

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Royal Edition is just the usual complete final goty edition thing, it has every season pass/DLC released so far, and a few new things. Full list in spoiler, you can also buy the royal edition new changes separately for 20bucks(which seems like complete garbage for the price, if you have the season pass already).
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will feature:

• Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.

• A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.

• A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” - players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.

• A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.

• More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets.

• All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS.

• Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.

• Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D

• New Trophies

• The FINAL FANTASY XV base game

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure whether to rebuy XV at Steam release or wait for a year and get the super ultimate edition when it's actually done.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Going to the Distant Worlds concert on Saturday in LA

Was my Christmas present from my wife and I am so damn excited.

I know I won't have the time at all to play any of the Royal add-on stuff, but fuck it, I know I'll bite when the upgrade becomes available.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i have a question about the DLC for Final Fantasy 15.

how does it work? if we're going to buy it, is it something we should get our first time through the game? or can the Episodes be played through at any point in the story?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought the game at launch and have played like 1 hour, i really should play some day

I did the same thing, but my reaction is to walk away entirely from any new Final Fantasy title. FFXV was just so, so bad for that hour I played it, I can't bring myself to play it any longer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
i have a question about the DLC for Final Fantasy 15.

how does it work? if we're going to buy it, is it something we should get our first time through the game? or can the Episodes be played through at any point in the story?

Pretty sure they can be played whenever, but they take place during certain points in the story so it may spoil a bit if you do it early.

I can't be certain cause I had beaten the game before they came out, but I think they are accessed through the main menu so you can do them when you want.