The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just have the regular PSN pre-order. No such bonuses on that I guess.

That said, just watched some videos from the scale of monsters. Saw the Zu fight that JP played on twitch, and if the scale comparison of Zu vs Adamantoise are correct....

Zu was easily 100+ times larger than your character and from the IGN scale comparison, the side tooth of the Adamantoise is the size of the Zu.

ff 15 scale.jpg

You're the tiny spec next to the car in the bottom middle. Zu is the flying bird with a pair of extra wings on its head.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ugh, Road Trip is something extra you have to sign up for? Also, am I going to have to make a PSN account to enter in all of these DLC codes? I assume I don't need a subscription for that?
Road Trip is 6 dumb mini-games that you have to do to unlock the Amazon exclusive DLCs. Takes about 5-10 minutes. I think it used an account separate from the normal SQEX system. Then you enter the code Amazon emails you, and on the 29th you can come back and get the DLC key(s). Hopefully it's just one key and not like eight or whatever.

Yes, you need a PSN account, can't really do anything with a PS4 without one. PS+ won't be required for FFXV though.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My deluxe from Amazon says it will arrive Thursday. Feels bad man.

Changed it to 1 day shipping and fixed it

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My deluxe from Amazon says it will arrive Thursday. Feels bad man.

Changed it to 1 day shipping and fixed it
My deluxe has "Expected to ship Nov 25" but hasn't had any movement, still projected for Tuesday though.

Road Trip is 6 dumb mini-games that you have to do to unlock the Amazon exclusive DLCs. Takes about 5-10 minutes. I think it used an account separate from the normal SQEX system. Then you enter the code Amazon emails you, and on the 29th you can come back and get the DLC key(s). Hopefully it's just one key and not like eight or whatever.

Yes, you need a PSN account, can't really do anything with a PS4 without one. PS+ won't be required for FFXV though.

Ugh more pointless accounts. Grats throwaway AOL address.

edit: Did the flash games but it's saying invalid code for the only one I've gotten from Amazon so far. Is the 16 digit numeric code supposed to be the correct one?

edit2: interesting, the # of emails I got from amazon and the notifications for my amazon account do not match up. Found the right one.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My Delux ordered god knows how long ago still says 29th :( 1 day shipping meant nothing :/

Doesnt matter, have been waiting on this game for longer than i care to recount.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My expectations are so low at this point I actually preordered thinking I'm almost guaranteed to be surprised.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
(I'm avoiding reading comments as much as possible on reddit to prevent spoilers, so don't click link if you don't want to risk)
MY THOUGHTS AFTER 30 GLORIOUS HOURS WITH FFXV: BE AT EASE FF FAITHFUL • /r/FFXV
I'm at chapter 11, and so zeroed in on the main story that I've eschewed most of the leisurely pace I was in before to stay on top of it's twists and turns. It's a very intimate tale, it very skillfully externalizes the inner drama that plays out between this group of young men. It's beautifully written and performed. And in complete opposite of FF games of the past, it becomes more enthralling as its plot escalates. Usually FF games succumb to sentimentality and corniness, but thus far FFXV has managed to actually get better as its drama builds. This is a shockingly sophisticated and restrained telling of a highly dramatic narrative. I don't want to sound like I'm over-exultant right now, but I'm biting my lip to stop myself from saying this is the most engrossing storytelling I've ever encountered in a video game.

Top Comment:
Just beat the game. The Villain is tremendous. As OP said, one of the best FF villains in a long time. Thematically it's one of square's best. The last half is particularly great. There's portion in the last third that I think will surprise fans, my butthole was puckered there for a few hours. You'll know what I mean.

Crone

So I've never pre ordered anything from Amazon. How do I pre order this and get it launch day? Choose 1 day shipping?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you have prime think it will automatically be launch day delivery

Crone

If you have prime think it will automatically be launch day delivery
I do. But if I don't change the shipping it says by December 1st. Leave it at that and it'll still deliver on launch day?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I do. But if I don't change the shipping it says by December 1st. Leave it at that and it'll still deliver on launch day?

Is it the regular edition? I preordered and my status says shipping on 28th for 29th delivery (didn't pick 1 day or anything, just regular Prime). You can always change the shipping after the fact to see if it makes a difference I guess.

Crone

Is it the regular edition? I preordered and my status says shipping on 28th for 29th delivery (didn't pick 1 day or anything, just regular Prime). You can always change the shipping after the fact to see if it makes a difference I guess.
Just read their new pre-order policy and 2 day shipping will deliver on launch day, so that's cool. No reason to pay more.

Might be in on this boys! release days are so fun!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This is the 1st physical copy of anything since the near end to the PS3 era. Here it is simply because I have physical copies off all the other Final Fantasy stuff and nothing more.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Damn well tempted to take a day off of work for this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ordered deluxe for the steel case and such. I like physical copies so maybe one day when psn is dead someone can still fire up my PS and play it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So I guess watching kingsglaive the movie preps us for the story of FF15. Anyone watch the movie?