The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got the physical deluxe through amazon, it schedules the shipping for Nov 25 for release day delivery but no idea if that means the day before or sometime during. Also have no idea if Square releases early after the Peru debacle and how that would affect things.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got the physical deluxe through amazon, it schedules the shipping for Nov 25 for release day delivery but no idea if that means the day before or sometime during. Also have no idea if Square releases early after the Peru debacle and how that would affect things.
Square probably did it on purpose

spronk

FPS noob
generally amazon schedules shipping so you will get it ON release date, which is nov 29th for FF15. digital pre orders just let you start playing at midnight and you can preload, physical means you gotta wait for the disc but then again sometimes you do get it early but its rare and more dependent on your distance to the closest warehouse and the delivery service they used

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Square probably did it on purpose
Both the original and current release dates were intentionally planned to be on New Moons in the lunar cycle. Reviewers didn't get their copies until today too since it came fresh off the printing with embargos until the 28th.

So no, Square did not probably do it on purpose.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I know Square Enix is a Japanese company, but I still can't believe they're releasing FFXV the Tuesday after Black Friday just to keep with the new moon thing.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Any bro in Austin want to play this in style? I'm hooking this upstairs in my 110" screen home theater in 7.1 on a projector for a marathon session from the 29th till done, most likely. Unless it blows. Shoot me an IM if interested to hang out and get our game on.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
This game is actually playable on Monday the 28th at 4:00pm CST, since its a world wide release?

spronk

FPS noob
you get some extra dlc shit if you do the roadtrip game
Final Fantasy XV Amazon Road Trip

its stupid and annoying as fuck but pretty fast. If you pre ordered from amazon, they had sent a code about a month ago for that website. They or amazon fucked up though, if your code is only 15 digits long its missing a digital in the front or back, have to try 0-9 + code (10 times) or code + 0-9 (10 times) until you get one that works. If its 16 digits long just change the last digit from 0-9 until it works. Yeah, that really inspires confidence in the game doesn't it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If you pre-order this at Best Buy, you will get $10 in reward certs. Gamers club puts it down to $47.99.

I think I am going to start looking at this more closely. As I will be able to stack huge amounts of reward certs by preordering certain games with that spiff. I am getting FF15 for $29. lol

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Have the deluxe edition pre-ordered (digital from psn store), just got a ps4-pro too. Good to go.

Curious about the 16 hour battle. FF 12 had that one very long boss/hunt battle, but by that time, nearly everything about combat was automated by gambits. I remember the Ultima weapons from 7, but they were fairly automated too with mimics and knights of the round table. You start, get hit once, and the counter proceeds an endless summon until weapon was dead.

Since FF 15 is active combat, I wonder how focused you have to be for that amount of time. If it is hard, you risk dying, which I suspect will cause more broken controllers than Dark Souls if it phases into the final stage at hour 14 and kills you due to poor timing/missed dodge of a oneshot ability. If it is trivial (tape down X key and go to bed), it is just a time sink.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's just random PR bullshit. It's either not at level cap, spread over several days, spread over several player(pseudo online system similar to Ur Dragon in Dragon's Dogma), was actually ingame days but derp or whatever else.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
generally amazon schedules shipping so you will get it ON release date, which is nov 29th for FF15. digital pre orders just let you start playing at midnight and you can preload, physical means you gotta wait for the disc but then again sometimes you do get it early but its rare and more dependent on your distance to the closest warehouse and the delivery service they used

Amazon did a midnight release marathon delivery for one of the Call of Dutys for Amazon Prime now deliveries...

Was kinda fun to ride along on that one. The drunk fucks waiting at the curb for their copy of CoD and falling down as they run back inside.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We fought vrtra in ffxi (raid) for over 12 hours and wiped at 1%

This was before the world first kill. Guess I can relate.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
With how shitty square is these days, I could see them making the actual fight 30 hours. In ffxii there was the 3 hour fight with yiazmat, but that was sorta ok because if set up your gear and gambits correctly you could just afk and let the AI do its thing. Also you could leave, save, and cone back and it would not regen its health. If the adamantoise is like that, except 30 hours, seriously square go fuck yourself.