The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I personally enjoyed the movie a lot. The plot was decent, not great but good enough for what it is meant to do...essentially introduce us to the setting, and events that will happen in the game.

It's visually very impresssive though, and the action is pretty amazing.

The events as far as I can tell not having played the game yet occurs during the game, it's not a prequel exactly.

There is also 5 part anime on YouTube that shows how each they all became friends, I thought it was good ne probably gives good insight on who everyone is, and why they are together.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why didn't you guys just preorder a digital code? Fuck shipping.
Mostly because Amazon has several (6?) more pre-order bonuses than anyone else, and it's 20% cheaper. Also, PSN is so goddamn slow that UPS might actually get here before a digital DL of ~50GB finishes. Having to download a 7-8GB day one patch is bad enough.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just started my download, 34 minutes until it's playable (if it were unlocked) and 4 hours for the entire 51GB. That's not bad.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Watching some vids to get acquainted with the gameplay systems and I didn't realize that the Draw mechanic from FF8 was making a return. Does look like a better implementation though.

Vorph

Just started my download, 34 minutes until it's playable (if it were unlocked) and 4 hours for the entire 51GB. That's not bad.
I downloaded Hitman (60GB) in about a half hour from Steam yesterday. The 9GB patch for Dishonored 2 took like 1h15m the other day from PSN.

Granted, the fact that they finally put up the pre-load makes it less of an issue (and I don't have a cap on my cable), but physical still wins on price and preorder bonuses.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Granted, the fact that they finally put up the pre-load makes it less of an issue (and I don't have a cap on my cable), but physical still wins on price and preorder bonuses.

What extra bonuses do you get for physical over digital? I got the masamune automatically and I'm pretty sure I will get all the road trip shit. Amazon makes no distinction about physical versus digital preorder bonuses that I can see anywhere.

Last edited:

Vorph

Road trip stuff is Amazon exclusive, you don't actually get PSN key(s) for the six rewards unless you enter in a preorder code that Amazon emails you. Plus there's the car skin, but that's entirely cosmetic.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah, I got my digital code from Amazon. Waiting on that code to be emailed still though.

Vorph

Ah, I thought you were talking about preordering directly from PSN. It does look like you should get the Road Trip code from the Amazon digital version. It took about 2 days for them to send it after I placed my order.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Why didn't you guys just preorder a digital code? Fuck shipping.

Why pay more for a digital product than a physical one? When these companies get their collective heads out of there asses regarding digital prices I'll start buying digital on day one, until then I'll take release day deliveries and a 20% discount.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I downloaded Hitman (60GB) in about a half hour from Steam yesterday. The 9GB patch for Dishonored 2 took like 1h15m the other day from PSN.

Just wrote this in the console thread, but the PS pro has done something to the download speeds from PSN. Always been slow (can upgrade the speeds by manually setting the PS4's network settings to use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as DNS, google servers). However, not done that for the PS pro, and it is downloading easily as fast as Steam. FF 15 is 50 gig and takes less than an hour to download.

@Ut. The Kingsglaive movie, as far as I've read up on it, was started as the typical CGI intro sequence. As development went on, it became bigger than they intended, and went full on movie instead. Its original purpose was just to set up the story for the actual game, and not as a stand alone movie. Just on its own, it is meh/okish. But considering the hype rumours surrounding the FF 15 story, and it being really good this time around, it might be worth watching if you plan playing the game.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ended up watching the movie and it was pretty good. It sets up the game well so I know what will be going on.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Two unrelated AMZL US orders were delayed for me today, although I got a different one that was sent USPS. Anyone know what carrier they typically use for games? Going to be extremely disappointed if my deluxe edition doesn't even ship til Tuesday or show up Wednesday+

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For me almost all smaller packages comes usps

But we don't have local ups so they usually drop it off at the usps and they deliver.

Also they built a new Amazon warehouse 5 miles away in fall river, MA that just opened so I'm hoping soon I'll start seeing same day delivery.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So apparently I pre-ordered the game before my bank switched to the new chip credit cards and I got a billing flag and had to simply accept the current number on file, which shifted the delivery date to Thursday, which forced me to pay a couple extra bucks for 1-day shipping so it would get here Tuesday.

I guess that means they are preparing to ship tomorrow and doing the charges now.

Crone

Wife is cock-blocking me on this hardcore. Says I spent enough money on games with the WoW expansion (2x Legion), and I don't need this on top of WoW.

But release day with the FoH bros is bad ass. Fuck!

Edit: So what are the multi player systems in game right now? Is there any? or is it pure single player?

Last edited:

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Been with the same woman since 1997, didn't have a job for years of that.

She has never complained about me playing video games.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user