The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Copy has been sitting at the usps since 2 lol. Fucking pieces of shit don't let you pick it up.... FedEx does though. Fags

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Copy has been sitting at the usps since 2 lol. Fucking pieces of shit don't let you pick it up.... FedEx does though. Fags

Those feels man. My TV is sitting at the freight carrier and they won't deliver until Thursday and only between 10am - 2pm. Whoever Samsung uses for this shit needs to get cancer of the dick and die.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Monster hunter is like the worst combat ever.

I hate you. I hate your family. I hate the fact that your Mom decided a creampie was sexier than swallowing. I hate the fact that you breathe. I hate the fact that matter which could have made something far more useful, like a duck billed platypus, ended up being formed together into the wretched mass that is you.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I hate the fact that you breathe. I hate the fact that matter which could have made something far more useful, like a duck billed platypus, ended up being formed together into the wretched mass that is you.

Should have been a duck, he evolved too far.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I hate you. I hate your family. I hate the fact that your Mom decided a creampie was sexier than swallowing. I hate the fact that you breathe. I hate the fact that matter which could have made something far more useful, like a duck billed platypus, ended up being formed together into the wretched mass that is you.
Even Superman 64 is better than monster hunter.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Those feels man. My TV is sitting at the freight carrier and they won't deliver until Thursday and only between 10am - 2pm. Whoever Samsung uses for this shit needs to get cancer of the dick and die.

They have to replace mine since it stopped working after 3 days. They said they were going to do a replacement last Tuesday, and still have yet to actually ship or schedule the replacement

65KS8500

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
55" KS8000 Samsung with High graphics and HDR on, looks freakin' awesome. Had to lay down for an hour though because my body was in "burn it with fire" mode on this cold.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
How long is the Platinum demo? Sitting in my library since it came out but i've been slacking. Now i'm reading that it unlocks stuff in the game so I figure i'll run through it first.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
30 minutes? Gives a message about it when you start a new game but I don't know what it unlocked to be honest.

Amazon road trip DLC weapons are worth getting if possible, they are 2-3x stronger than starter weapons. Had to get on Amazon chat and make Kumar send my code earlier.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watched the movie just now, not great but probably better than the Warcraft film. Glad I watched it, going to wait until Friday to dig in

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm about 4 hours or so in, still in chapter 1. Just running around exploring, killing stuff, camping, etc.

Game is gorgeous. I love the combat, although I get disoriented a lot, the camera is not the best, and has a bit of trouble following the warping, and crazy movement. Still ok, but could be better. The combat is really fun, and very rewarding visually.

I'm gonna take my time playing through this, and enjoying the ride.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amazon isn't reissuing any more codes for roadtrip, they're getting Sony to fix the ones that were already issued per Amazon road trip rewards • /r/FFXV

If we don't get them in 48 hours then another black mark against Amazon.
Not sure what that means for people who got the 16 digit code entered fine, but then the email server ate the message containing the PSN codes. What kind of fucking moron sets up a website that sends emails, knowing full well there's going to be heavy traffic on it, and doesn't put in a thing to resend ones that don't get delivered?

I contacted Amazon but got the blow-off like that reddit post said. Not really their fault anyway though, it's a SQEX website. I wish they'd just done it like every other pre-order bonus instead of going the shitty mini-game route though. Oh well, not waiting several days to play the game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I love the combat, although I get disoriented a lot, the camera is not the best, and has a bit of trouble following the warping, and crazy movement. Still ok, but could be better.
Wait mode helps a lot with not getting disoriented.

I think the travel bonus road trip DLC is halving the cost of all my overnight stays in game, if so that's easily the best DLC of the bunch.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So im playing this...one thing I hated about some old FF's is that some awesome items needed to be found at a certain point in the game, or htey were lost forever. I want to go through the game at my own pace, then use a guide to go back and get the cool shit in every nook and cranny. Does anyone have specific knowledge of whether or not thats the case in this one?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
So im playing this...one thing I hated about some old FF's is that some awesome items needed to be found at a certain point in the game, or htey were lost forever. I want to go through the game at my own pace, then use a guide to go back and get the cool shit in every nook and cranny. Does anyone have specific knowledge of whether or not thats the case in this one?

Read up on this a little, and as best anyone can tell, there isn't anything missable. If you wanna do all the quests, though, I definitely wouldn't save 'em all til the end. My one problem with this game is the quest flow is like WoW circa 2004 - random fetch quests, strewn about random places, followed by more fetch quests, strewn about more random places, and all from one giver that you have to keep coming back to. You'd burn out fast if you tried to do them all at the end.

But as long as by your own pace you just mean you'll try to keep up with quests as you go, I don't think you need to worry about anything permanently missable.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Nice. My ocd is telling me to watch the movie first too but I am itching to just jump in.

I just finished watching the anime (and I hate anime) and the movie and I would highly recommend watching both before starting the game. They are not mandatory but they tell a ton of backstory and will make playing the actual game much more enjoyable.

Also with the Amazon Road Trip thing, check your junk mail folder. I had it sent to my throwaway Hotmail and it auto filtered it to junk.