The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Are they introducing new non-cutscene content with NG+ or was there something too hard to beat with characters leveled normally?

NG+ made sense in Chrono Trigger where you could take different paths to multiple endings. It also made sense in Disgaea where you were not even meant to experience some of the content on the initial play-through. It made less sense (YMMV) in Witcher 3, where you just played the exact same content with higher levels.

I keep seeing that we are getting NG+ here, but I am missing the part that says why it matters. Is it just so people who already beat the game with the crappy late chapters can quickly get through a replay when they patch in story fixes?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It's not Ng+ In the traditional way

It's go back in time with attributes from your last save to the point you left access to the open world so you can finish up quests and keep reliving the style of game that made chapter 3 20'hours.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's not Ng+ In the traditional way

It's go back in time with attributes from your last save to the point you left access to the open world so you can finish up quests and keep reliving the style of game that made chapter 3 20'hours.
That's already in the game. The patch mentions what appears to actually be a NG+

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you want a 4th Ribbon or missed the Chilled Food Tin recipe then NG+ is a valid means to do it.

Also, there's people figuring out how to speed run Pitioss. Here's a 6 minute run:

Malakriss

Here's what each item in the Final Fantasy XV Holiday Pack actually does - Nova Crystallis

The Holiday Pack (Free Version) includes:

Warrior’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Offense outside of training.
Nixperience Band: A device that stops experience points from being tallied, preventing the party from leveling up for an added challenge.
Carnival Passport: An adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival for a limited time.
Choco-Mog Tee (available late January 2017): An exclusive T-shirt featuring everyone’s favorite fluffy and feathery friends. Colorful, comfy and appropriate for any carnival-goer.

The premium Holiday Pack + DLC includes:

Ring of Resistance: A protective piece of jewelry that renders the entire party to be resistant to magical friendly fire.
Tech Turbocharger: A device for Noctis that accelerates the tech bar replenishment rate, but freezes the Armiger bar.
Armiger Accelerator: A device for Noctis that accelerates the Armiger bar replenishment rate, but freezes the tech bar.
Blitzer’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Time outside of training.
Tactician’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Finesse outside of training.
Key of Prosperity: A lucky charm that increases the rate at which fallen foes leave behind items of value.
Stamina Badge: A device that enables Noctis to sprint and hang without expending stamina.
Carnival Passport: An adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival for a limited time.
Festive Ensemble (available late January): A fancy and fun outfit perfectly suited for enjoying the festivities. The darling design puts all who see it in high spirits
Holiday Pack + Exclusive Photo Frames (available late January): Additional themes the player can add to Prompto’s photos when sharing over social media.

Malakriss

103/104 Dishes, God damn you Chilled Food Tin. Not sure if I'm going to bother doing all fishes before next Thursday might just finish all bounties, sealed dungeons, and AP.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So 40+ hours in and after starting the post-game I finally found out you could hit R1 / RB to change camera distance while driving/flying.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So I'm 25 hours in, been taking my time, just started chapter 6 and I really like/hate this game, and it seems the more I play the more I think there were some really bad/dated decisions or flaws that make this game nowhere near GOTY.

1) Stamina for running why? There's so much walking, why bother with stamina and the hidden stamina mini-game that you have to turn on in the menu? Dumb.
2) Load times. Terrible.
3) Why do I have to rent a chocobo every 7 days? Why do I have to refuel? Needless.
4) Day/night cycle...too short, can't see shit, why can't Ignis drive at night? Stupid.
5) Saving up exp to spend the night at a hotel for 1.5x exp, oh sorry, auto rest for random reason.
6) Combat camera. Terrible. Walking camera. Also terrible. Any time you're around trees. Terrible.
7) Story. Wat?
8) Really have yet to figure out targeting in combat. Blocking is weird, never really sure when an attack is incoming, randomly hold dodge, sometimes I get hit, sometimes I don't. More often I just outlevel and win by hi-potion attrition. Camera doesn't help.
9) Spells. Hello FFVIII draw? Bad.
10) Why does auto-drive still require me to run for 3 minutes to get to the quest giver?

It's really weird because I'm enjoying the game...but it's really not a great game. I like the boy band. Graphics are nice. World is nice. I dunno what it is but I just can't love this game.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I'm 25 hours in, been taking my time, just started chapter 6 and I really like/hate this game, and it seems the more I play the more I think there were some really bad/dated decisions or flaws that make this game nowhere near GOTY.

1) Stamina for running why? There's so much walking, why bother with stamina and the hidden stamina mini-game that you have to turn on in the menu? Dumb.
2) Load times. Terrible.
3) Why do I have to rent a chocobo every 7 days? Why do I have to refuel? Needless.
4) Day/night cycle...too short, can't see shit, why can't Ignis drive at night? Stupid.
5) Saving up exp to spend the night at a hotel for 1.5x exp, oh sorry, auto rest for random reason.
6) Combat camera. Terrible. Walking camera. Also terrible. Any time you're around trees. Terrible.
7) Story. Wat?
8) Really have yet to figure out targeting in combat. Blocking is weird, never really sure when an attack is incoming, randomly hold dodge, sometimes I get hit, sometimes I don't. More often I just outlevel and win by hi-potion attrition. Camera doesn't help.
9) Spells. Hello FFVIII draw? Bad.
10) Why does auto-drive still require me to run for 3 minutes to get to the quest giver?

It's really weird because I'm enjoying the game...but it's really not a great game. I like the boy band. Graphics are nice. World is nice. I dunno what it is but I just can't love this game.

I'm 25 hours in as well, in chapter 6 or 7 and I agree with everything you said. The Witcher did everything this game does but better. Also like you I'm still enjoying it, but that exact list is what I would say is detracting from the fun.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Stamina Badge: A device that enables Noctis to sprint and hang without expending stamina.

premium only...fuckers

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

premium only...fuckers
You can get perma sprint from an AP unlock I think? Plus you never run out of stamina if you do the thing where you get a second wind. Basically you release the key when you have like 5% left, and it refills your entire bar instantly, so you can sprint forever as long as you don't mess it up.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So i agree with almost all of the criticisms of the game, but at the end of it I still feel it was a fantastic game. The story is what bothered me the most, because it had the framework for what could have been a really good story had everything been set up right.

First, the relationship with Luna just wasn't there. She was off camera pretty much the whole game and then we are supposed to be invested in her just because she and noct say they love each other?

Then the whole Emperor thing. feels like so much waste to not have the story focus more on taking him out until they realize hes a puppet. And you don't even see him until the end where you kill him in daemon form.

And obviously ravus needed much more fleshing out

And the prompto thing? That just seemed contrived as hell to throw in at the end for no damned reason

The worst has got to be that way too much shit happens offscreen. It's like, hey some shit went down but instead of that you are going to walk back and forth down a train for 30 minutes

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You can get perma sprint from an AP unlock I think? Plus you never run out of stamina if you do the thing where you get a second wind. Basically you release the key when you have like 5% left, and it refills your entire bar instantly, so you can sprint forever as long as you don't mess it up.

Oh yeah about the AP, holy shit I didn't know that about the 5% thing.

Malakriss

Oh yeah about the AP, holy shit I didn't know that about the 5% thing.
Would be surprised at how many don't know about that or how to direct your allies to target a specific enemy, lock on and hold L1 without selecting a tech attack to set the red target lock.