The Fishing Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've got so many mosquito bites on my hands and wrists people must think I've started smoking meth

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
Interesting day out on the water. Typhoon was passing us by, creating a pretty awful swell, but the fish were everywhere. Mackerel were breaking the surface churning the water as far as the eye could see in all directions, basically looked like the ocean was boiling. Terns and sea hawks dive bombing to get at the fish. We caught hundreds of the little mackerels, the sizes were on the small side and i would guess in 1-2 weeks the larger seer mackerels are going to move in to start feeding on them. A nice red bream caught on the bottom was the highlight.

rrr_img_136535.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hit Lake Erie yesterday because the weatherman promised half foot waves. Get out there and smacked with 2 to 3 foot bastards.

Caught a shitty Sheepshead and that's it. We didn't mark anything really.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Love fishing and have always wanted to take a big fishing trip for a vacation. That being said I am not particularly good at it but its still lots of fun.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Love fishing and have always wanted to take a big fishing trip for a vacation. That being said I am not particularly good at it but its still lots of fun.
What does that matter? My dad always said if we were any good, we'd have to call it catching. Burt Reynolds did a series (in the 80s or 90s I think) where he said he didn't even bait the hook because that would be too much work.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
If you ever have the scratch, hit the Northern coast of BC/Alaska. 20+ lb salmon pretty much jump in to your boat. I accidentally caught a 77 lb halibut on a salmon rod, because I had no idea what the fuck I was doing.

I'd upload a picture of it, but apparently Draegan is a total faggot and reduced the picture size allowance so much that it's not worth putting up a fucking postage stamp.

splorge

heading to Chicago and taking a day to charter a boat to do some fishing on lake Michigan, for steelies and coho salmon. Never tried this, and never fished the lake. How is fishing these days, any tips what to expect?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
heading to Chicago and taking a day to charter a boat to do some fishing on lake Michigan, for steelies and coho salmon. Never tried this, and never fished the lake. How is fishing these days, any tips what to expect?
Charter eh.

That means you sit on the boat and drink heavily until the guide tells you there's a fish on. The he hands you the rod, you reel it in, he pulls it out and hands it to you.

Take a picture, then sit back down and drink more.

At least that's been my charter experience
smile.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I forgot to mention we saw a good bit of wildlife on our trip.

Two moose, two black bears, and a beaver. The black flies were really nasty this year, so I think that was driving them to the edges of the forest.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
So you're saying #BlackFliesMatter if you want to see wildlife?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Charter eh.

That means you sit on the boat and drink heavily until the guide tells you there's a fish on. The he hands you the rod, you reel it in, he pulls it out and hands it to you.

smile.png
When I was up the BC coast, there was only one guide for every 2-3 boats (we were in little aluminum boats, 2 guys per). For the most part you were on your own. One of the guides did come over to help me with that halibut, which was good because I had no idea what the fuck I was doing and probably would have ended up with a broken arm or some shit. They did clean and fillet the fish for you at the end of the day and vacuum pack them up, which was awesome. I think my dad and I came back with like 100+ lbs of salmon, halibut, and ling cod fillets.

Shit tons of wild life out there as well. Sea lions, eagles, dolphins/porpoises etc. Sea lions are fucking assholes, though. Some will follow your boat around and steal your fish once they're tired and slowing down.

splorge

Charter eh.

smile.png
This sounds excellent!

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I still thought it said fisting

WTF is wrong with me?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Snuck out of work early last week and hit Lake Erie. A bit slow but we didn't get skunked.

Two wallies and two silver bass. All caught on leadcore.

cNNMxL.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
How's Erie been? I went a month ago and for three days it was so choppy we gave up and went home.

I had some friends slay the Walleye on Huron last week.