The Flash (2023)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It cracks me up that CW produced a very successful, nine season Flash show (I enjoyed the first three seasons I watched) and WB makes an absolute turd of a movie with an actor that was a dud before all his drama came out.

I'm sure that neither group wanted to "unite" their universes by having Grant Justin's flash be in Superman vs Batman or whatever, but it's still a huge missed opportunity. One of the many things the MCU did right right by having Charlie Cox show up in the MCU (albeit fairly late).

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It cracks me up that CW produced a very successful, nine season Flash show (I enjoyed the first three seasons I watched) and WB makes an absolute turd of a movie with an actor that was a dud before all his drama came out.

I'm sure that neither group wanted to "unite" their universes by having Grant Justin's flash be in Superman vs Batman or whatever, but it's still a huge missed opportunity. One of the many things the MCU did right right by having Charlie Cox show up in the MCU (albeit fairly late).
Marvel didn't really have a choice with that cuz of the Netflix contract. They had to wait over 2 years for the rights back.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

one of the rumors i heard but never mentioned because you guys call me names, is that Grant Gustin was in fact a cameo in this movie when they had all the supes, bats and flash cameos. i think cesar romero and burgesss meredith were in it too. it was a bunch of memberberries. both Grant and Mad Goose Wizard met up in full costume.
iu

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
one of the rumors i heard but never mentioned because you guys call me names, is that Grant Gustin was in fact a cameo in this movie when they had all the supes, bats and flash cameos. i think cesar romero and burgesss meredith were in it too. it was a bunch of memberberries. both Grant and Mad Goose Wizard met up in full costume.
iu
Grant Gustin was considered, but was never part of the production. The Director said that Gustin and other TV heroes just didn't make it cuz there was no room for them.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is much better than gOTg.

Watched until the end, only looked at phone a few times. Was overall a decent movie

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
iu

isn't that picture from the Crisis on Infinite Earths Flash TV mini series or w/e

yeah, looks like it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
isn't that picture from the Crisis on Infinite Earths Flash TV mini series or w/e

yeah, looks like it

yes, but Flash has been in the works since 2014. its entirely possible there was some collab footage going on for the film.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Watched this finally. It tried to do Flashpoint and Crisis simultaneously while rebooting the DCU and serving up memberries for nearly every time DC has been a TV/movie property. The best parts were any time someone other than Ezra was on screen. The visual effects were garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

was little surprised, liked superchick. first hour sucked, some of the middle was ok, last part sucked

Sevens

Log Wizard
iu
This is a photo of when Miller had a cameo on the CW show

Edit: Forgot to call Chuk names....You dummy head!

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Finally watched, this was a GREAT movie hampered by the main actor, and some dog shit tier CGI. Seriously wtf is wrong with DC?

spronk

FPS noob
the final scene with mom was fantastic and probably the highlight of the movie.

definitely worth a watch at home for comic fans, should be on HBO max in a few months if you don't know how to torrent/etc. not worth paying $25 since you probably will never watch it a second time

i'm never going to watch cam copies again, the bad CGI in cam versions makes it grotesquely bad, while the 4K version CGI is still bad but at least on the level of Lawnmower Man. With how rushed shit movies are coming to VOD now there's no reason to watch cam copies either, this was out less than 30 days after theatrical which is wild.

its also crazy that this may be the last decent comic book/superhero movie for a few YEARS now. We have upcoming

Blue Beetle
The Marvels
Aquaman 2
<2 year DC break lol>
Captain America: Who Gives A Shit
Thunderbolts vs Thundercats

Much of the above is likely to get delayed, and all the other stuff supposed to come out has halted production like Blade or Deadpool 3. What if Flash is the last "ok" comic book movie LOL

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the final scene with mom was fantastic and probably the highlight of the movie.

definitely worth a watch at home for comic fans, should be on HBO max in a few months if you don't know how to torrent/etc. not worth paying $25 since you probably will never watch it a second time

i'm never going to watch cam copies again, the bad CGI in cam versions makes it grotesquely bad, while the 4K version CGI is still bad but at least on the level of Lawnmower Man. With how rushed shit movies are coming to VOD now there's no reason to watch cam copies either, this was out less than 30 days after theatrical which is wild.

its also crazy that this may be the last decent comic book/superhero movie for a few YEARS now. We have upcoming

Blue Beetle
The Marvels
Aquaman 2
<2 year DC break lol>
Captain America: Who Gives A Shit
Thunderbolts vs Thundercats

Much of the above is likely to get delayed, and all the other stuff supposed to come out has halted production like Blade or Deadpool 3. What if Flash is the last "ok" comic book movie LOL

that article is not reality.
the official budget listed for this film is 225 million. 100 million marketing budget. its only made 267.5 million worldwide.
that means if that budget isnt off by 100+ million. then Flash would still need to make over 600 million worldwide just to break even. thats a bit more than a 200 million dollar loss.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
that article is not reality.
the official budget listed for this film is 225 million. 100 million marketing budget. its only made 267.5 million worldwide.
that means if that budget isnt off by 100+ million. then Flash would still need to make over 600 million worldwide just to break even. thats a bit more than a 200 million dollar loss.
Crazy that no one gets fired or deemed unhireable after all these blazing disasters.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users