The Flash (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I read some nonsense article taking about it. It was all garbage journalism, but they said something that actually kind of made sense. Kennedy is still in her position because no one wants her job. She's literally the best option they have. There's a part of me where I think that someone HAS to be able to do a better job than her, but the reality is she's burned that position so much that all the people who COULD do a better job, want nothing to do with the nightmare world she'd leave for them

This really is a masterclass on how to fail upwards
I'd take that job. I'd fire every bitch tits and hire retired male movie crews to come back for one more go. Make a real Star Wars movie, then slowly replace them with non wokester people who love old star wars.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd take that job. I'd fire every bitch tits and hire retired male movie crews to come back for one more go. Make a real Star Wars movie, then slowly replace them with non wokester people who love old star wars.
Yeah, but I was talking about people MORE competent than Kennedy womp womp

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Was this movie written and directed by high schoolers?

GOT DAMN it's bad.

The Flash also bounces back and forth between being a ridiculous aspie and a normal human. I have no idea if this is itentional or just bad acting or what.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was this movie written and directed by high schoolers?

GOT DAMN it's bad.

The Flash also bounces back and forth between being a ridiculous aspie and a normal human. I have no idea if this is itentional or just bad acting or what.

He obviously attended the Kirk Lazarus school of acting.

j00t

i said it earlier in the thread but the first half of the movie was more competent and, on paper, the better half. the second half was messy and convoluted and, on paper, the worse half. however, in reality the first half is just pure, undiluted ezra miller, which left alone on it's natural course multiplies into 2 ezra millers creating an entirely unwatchable mess. the second half tries to combat the multiplying ezra by adding the enjoyable aspects of the movie in michael keaton and sasha calle. unfortunately the power of the mad goose wizard is too strong for even a combined batman and supergirl and a third ezra shows up.

this movie, while still having many issues, would have been fairly enjoyable if ANYONE but ezra miller was in it. if ALL it did was use the flashpoint paradox to change ezra into grant gustin, it would have been a success.

in all seriousness, it's fun to point and laugh at ezra miller but i put all the blame on WB for doing everything they could to shield ezra from pretty much everything he was doing. they decided that it would be too expensive to recast barry, and that it would be too much bad press to have any kind of reckoning come to ezra. he really needs to face the consequences of what he was doing so that A. he might get some help and B. that he stops hurting and endangering people and neither of those things can happen while he's headlining a summer "blockbuster"

it really sucks for keaton, who was going to get more work as batman (possibly some batman beyond stuff) and sasha calle, who really did pretty great despite having not much to work with. well, and us as fans. but so many people bailed on this movie just out of principle because of the ezra mess. i think the cgi was awful, but they created a good will deficit just by refusing to even acknowledge that maybe ezra needs to get some serious help.

anyway. it's all just sad. and bad. sadbad. strongsad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i said it earlier in the thread but the first half of the movie was more competent and, on paper, the better half. the second half was messy and convoluted and, on paper, the worse half. however, in reality the first half is just pure, undiluted ezra miller, which left alone on it's natural course multiplies into 2 ezra millers creating an entirely unwatchable mess. the second half tries to combat the multiplying ezra by adding the enjoyable aspects of the movie in michael keaton and sasha calle. unfortunately the power of the mad goose wizard is too strong for even a combined batman and supergirl and a third ezra shows up.

this movie, while still having many issues, would have been fairly enjoyable if ANYONE but ezra miller was in it. if ALL it did was use the flashpoint paradox to change ezra into grant gustin, it would have been a success.

in all seriousness, it's fun to point and laugh at ezra miller but i put all the blame on WB for doing everything they could to shield ezra from pretty much everything he was doing. they decided that it would be too expensive to recast barry, and that it would be too much bad press to have any kind of reckoning come to ezra. he really needs to face the consequences of what he was doing so that A. he might get some help and B. that he stops hurting and endangering people and neither of those things can happen while he's headlining a summer "blockbuster"

it really sucks for keaton, who was going to get more work as batman (possibly some batman beyond stuff) and sasha calle, who really did pretty great despite having not much to work with. well, and us as fans. but so many people bailed on this movie just out of principle because of the ezra mess. i think the cgi was awful, but they created a good will deficit just by refusing to even acknowledge that maybe ezra needs to get some serious help.

anyway. it's all just sad. and bad. sadbad. strongsad.
ive been trying to think about if i would have liked this movie if there was no Mad Goose Wizard in it. it would have definitely been better. but overall good? Michael Shannon looked like he was phoning it in and the CG was still unbelievably campy and shitty. and they butchered Flashpoint. i wanted to see Gal as a pissed off Wonder Woman, killing fools with her sword. i wanted to see more DC characters like Hal Jordan and Deathstroke. i didnt like the lazy way they introduced the cameos. i wanted Thomas Wayne Batman. they had the perfect opportunity to do so with Keaton, but they halfassed it. i wanted motherfucking Eobard Thawne. fuck it. if you're going to do Flashpoint. then fucking do Flashpoint. no. i still wouldnt have been happy about this movie. it just wouldnt have been as shitty.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah it was a cop out but I thought it was fine. My wife and I both don't like Ezra Miller as a person but I had to see it with my own eyes because you can't believe propoganda on either side. We were forced to admit that the movie wasn't as terrible as the other shit they have been pumping out lately. Batfleck and Keaton with all the throwbacks was great. The beginning was funny, much funnier than the entirety of Thor 4 at least, it was really just the end boss that was hastily patched up. I would actually watch this movie again unlike Justice League (either one), Multiverse of Madness, Shazam 2, Black Adam, Thor 4, Captain Marvel, Eternals, Black Widow, etc. It's too bad they won't be making more. No one will want to touch Ezra Miller after those box office numbers as well. They at least didn't try and minimize Sasha Calle's tits in the suit either but I would have preferred a skirt.

• 1Like

nu_11

Not a terrible movie. Ezra Miller just screams douchebag. Zack Snyder really whiffed on casting Ezra.

• 1Like

Homsar

I watched 40 minutes of this and its terrible regardless of the actors.

I feel like the writers cheated on homework and just asked what happens in the comics and filled in the blanks. Ezra sucks but this movie was going to be terrible no matter the actor

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Starting to think that maybe, just maybe... AI should take over writing. Clearly these cockwallets today can't write for shit.

• 1Like

Goatface

just doing flash point would have been so much easier and better.

fanfic time - with only 1 big change from the comic

1. flash changes time - wakes up in new timeline
2. pierce brosnan - thomas wayne fights robbie - now yo-yo, cyborg shows up, exposition dump, intro shazam and some other hero/villains from past movies/shows
3. flash goes to see batman, (change from comic) batman tells him, his timeline has evil speedster called zoom that disappeared years ago, bats tells how the war started and show clip of wonderwoman killing amber heard
4. deadshot, bloodsport and flag on boat fight/die to aquaman, black manta, king shark, reveal the atlantean army
5. flash tries to regain powers, end badly
6. amazons have control of europe, WW kills chris pine
7. back to flash, regain powers, bats has one of zoom's old suits.
8. lois info dumb about the invasion, saved by the resistance, lead by peacemaker
9. flash,bat, and cyborg look for superman
10. gather the heroes - plan
11. ww vs aquaman, amazons and atlanteans
11-a. big battle - everyone shows up
11-b. zoom shows up, mad barry's change is erasing him from history, super slowmo fight
11-c. supes comes back, wrecks shop
11-d. bats kills zoom
12. flash undoes the change, goes see batman

only reason for the change to zoom would to be to skip telling his origin and all that, during the fight could reveal, zoom has been living like a god in the future

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Not a terrible movie. Ezra Miller just screams douchebag. Zack Snyder really whiffed on casting Ezra.
Hey, this World is hard and life sure isn't easy. That's why "Fake it till you make it" is a thing.
You can't limit someone and expect them to suddenly fit in a mold. Telling Ezra not to be a Mad Goose Wizard, and what did you think was going to happen?

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just doing flash point would have been so much easier and better.

fanfic time - with only 1 big change from the comic

1. flash changes time - wakes up in new timeline
2. pierce brosnan - thomas wayne fights robbie - now yo-yo, cyborg shows up, exposition dump, intro shazam and some other hero/villains from past movies/shows
3. flash goes to see batman, (change from comic) batman tells him, his timeline has evil speedster called zoom that disappeared years ago, bats tells how the war started and show clip of wonderwoman killing amber heard
4. deadshot, bloodsport and flag on boat fight/die to aquaman, black manta, king shark, reveal the atlantean army
5. flash tries to regain powers, end badly
6. amazons have control of europe, WW kills chris pine
7. back to flash, regain powers, bats has one of zoom's old suits.
8. lois info dumb about the invasion, saved by the resistance, lead by peacemaker
9. flash,bat, and cyborg look for superman
10. gather the heroes - plan
11. ww vs aquaman, amazons and atlanteans
11-a. big battle - everyone shows up
11-b. zoom shows up, mad barry's change is erasing him from history, super slowmo fight
11-c. supes comes back, wrecks shop
11-d. bats kills zoom
12. flash undoes the change, goes see batman

only reason for the change to zoom would to be to skip telling his origin and all that, during the fight could reveal, zoom has been living like a god in the future
that could have been DC's Endgame. it makes me sick over what they went with instead. the original Flashpoint could also have dovetailed quite nicely with a new DCU. i still dont know why they decided to stick Latina Supergirl in a Russian prison cell instead of an american one. were they implying that Supes was still in the American cell?

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Finally got around to watching this. What a waste of actors (no spoilers). And the CGI was absolute shit. If that was "on purpose" then whoever funded this got raped... and deserved it. There was so much awesome potential here that got wasted.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
The last fight scene was pathetic too. Batman suicide bombed his plane into a ship that did no damage cause it has a shield on it. Supergirl losing to Zod. Flashes shooting lightning everywhere.