The Flash

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This was pretty freaking dumb and highlights the absurdity of Flash only having 'big bads' who are speedsters. Flash has a rogues gallery second only to Batman, so why dont they make better use of it??

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
Yeah, this shit got weird. I guess there's precedent based on the comics, but it just feels sloppy. The Savitar reveal was silly and I didn't feel amazed or astounded, just rolled my eyes and thought "of course he is".

Also, all I could think of when Killer Frost was skating around on an ice bridge was Frozone from The Incredibles. Did she do that in the comics? It seemed kind of stupid.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also, all I could think of when Killer Frost was skating around on an ice bridge was Frozone from The Incredibles. Did she do that in the comics? It seemed kind of stupid.

Iceman was doing it for years before Frozone did it. But yes, one version of Killer Frost does that in the comics.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think I was the first one to call it that he was future barry. Savitar even repeated the line that first made me think if it. "I am the future flash" I don't think I've ever been right about something like this before. Do I get a certificate in the mail or something? Maybe a cookie?

Do speedsters not age? I'm not up on that bit of lore, but there are so many instances of future Barry that seem like he actually lived through the intervening time that I have to wonder if he can't die of old age.

Well, since barry heals and what we call aging only happens because our cells get damaged and get tired of repairing themselves ... It's not a big leap to say anyone with super healing powers would age very slowly or not at all.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I didn't mind this reveal at all. Wasn't a huge surprise, but seems alright. I like it better than it being some other character like Ronnie. Then again, I'm a huge sucker for time travel, so I look forward to seeing why/how Barry turned into Savitar.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, since barry heals and what we call aging only happens because our cells get damaged and get tired of repairing themselves ... It's not a big leap to say anyone with super healing powers would age very slowly or not at all.

Speedsters age at a slower rate, and can also extend this to their loved ones.

• 1Picard

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
This was pretty freaking dumb and highlights the absurdity of Flash only having 'big bads' who are speedsters. Flash has a rogues gallery second only to Batman, so why dont they make better use of it??

Because it requires better writing and more special effects to create situations where Flash doesn't just wipe the floor with anyone without super speed. Just look at all the Killer Frost in the last few episodes. Mother fucker can move faster than people can think, just run up and punch her in the face, problem solved! Shows painful to watch when he goes up against people with lesser powers.

Making the big bad a speedster makes it easy. Fortunately I think the show runners have said next season's big villain won't be one.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
and can also extend this to their loved ones.
I realize comic books, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. What possible reason could the Speed Force have for allowing itself to be granted to other people solely to extend their lifespan?

I mean, I'm assuming that is what is happening. Otherwise it makes even less sense, because then anyone that heals like Wolverine (but DC) could just wish people lived longer.

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I realize comic books, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. What possible reason could the Speed Force have for allowing itself to be granted to other people solely to extend their lifespan?

I mean, I'm assuming that is what is happening. Otherwise it makes even less sense, because then anyone that heals like Wolverine (but DC) could just wish people lived longer.

The better speedsters control all the molecules they are focused on. They can lend or take speed as they want. Not all of them can do this. Hell, I was reading a comic where one speedster gave himself super strength, and another could create super hard objects made of speed force like a Green Lantern could.

To be real, the higher end speedsters can do almost anything a pre-crisis Superman could, except for fly and live in a vacuum. Hell, the whole "infinite mass punch" where they hit you with the power of a black hole at super speed is no joke. Flash is incredibly OP, and can only be beaten when the writers slow things down. Also, most of his enemies have controllerish powers for a reason. Super speed means nothing when the ground is iced at absolute zero.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I literally rolled my eyes when I saw that's the direction the episode was taking.

I was skeptical of the change at first, but I'm gonna say that HR is the only good thing about this show anymore. He cracks me up every time.

Caliane

I couldnt watch it. made it about 5 min. saw the, "lets give you brain damage!" and turned it off.

Ladro

Anomaly
Definitely a dumb episode. The amnesia bit was a little predictable but it was nice to see old happy Barry again.

I predict that Future Depressed Barry, heretofore known as Emo Barry, will come back in time to help Brooding Barry defeat Savitar Barry by sacrificing himself since he won't exist anyway if he's defeated. They are playing up the clones and timeline stuff a bit much for it to not be at least a plausible ending.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I gave on this show about midway through the season, it seems I am not missing much. It's sad because it has a great cast, and was so enjoyable in season 1.

My biggest issue is that the "only" plot device they have to move the story forward is Barry doing something dumb, and then having to fix things.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wish they'd at least start using Future Emo Barry's suit over the current one. As bright as that red was in comparison it looked much better, imo.