The Flash

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I guess the HR theory was right. Didn't see HR using Savitar blade to find where him and Iris was at but I guess when they showed the blade after he put his hat on and basically so long to Cisco that should of the been the hint. Still think it's funny HR was able to just walk right in there and take Iris though and especially Savitar telling Caitlyn / Killer Frost to go get them. It's like dude why don't you go? You'd catch them in a fraction of a second lol. Also finale wasn't that big of a cliff hanger, we all know Barry is coming back considering Savitar even mentioned something about a villain they hadn't fought and the fact the paper still says Flash goes missing in year 2024. And dude who plays Kid Flash doesn't really have the chops to carry the show like Gustin

Anyways as much as I like this show it's just so garbled and confusing. I mean maybe I'm not a big enough of nerd to understand a lot of it but why exactly did Flashpoint create Savitar? Also since Barry took Thawne to Flashpoint he obviously knows his plan didn't work, did he just repeat all the same stuff knowing what the outcome was going to be? And what's the deal with that paper in the hidden room at S.T.A.R Labs? I understand Thawne's interest in it during s1 because it meant the timeline hadn't changed, but after that what's the big deal with it. Barry time travels and goes missing all the time, what makes the one in 2024 so much different? And also
What's the deal with the speed force needing a prisoner or whatever now that Savitar is gone? Was that ever even an issue in s1 or s2 when Savitar didn't even exist? Now all of a sudden the speed force needs a prisoner, wtf? Love how Garrick was basically like "Hell nah, I ain't goin back there, sorry bro".

So much time travel, different universes, loops and twist etc make my brain hurt lol.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
There's a fundamental problem with their attempts to foil Savitar's plans BECAUSE HE HAS BARRY'S MEMORIES. It's so stupid that I started getting angry when Iris was revealed to be HR.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This whole season was a train wreck.
Since Iris lived and when they read the future news article it showed them as a married couple. So I'm guessing a replacement was found or Barry talked himself out of the speedforce. That whole prison concept is dumb if you ask me.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
My first thought at the end was "go look at the time vault..." I was a bit surprised that they didn't given the attention they keep paying to that one bit of newsprint from 2024

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Finally watching the episode. My first opinion after learning that HR took Iris' place is that why the fuck didn't Barry run him to a hospital? He was alive for like 2-3 minutes with no one doing a thing to help him. He could have easily have been saved. Crisis completely averted.

Dumb.

Next, it seems like the best outcome for Savatar Barry is to jump to yet another time line where the real Barry had died. Then he can happily fit into that life with a bunch of family that miss and love him. Next problem solved.

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There's a fundamental problem with their attempts to foil Savitar's plans BECAUSE HE HAS BARRY'S MEMORIES. It's so stupid that I started getting angry when Iris was revealed to be HR.

No. Once HR prevented Savitar from killing Iris, the timeline that he was from no longer existed, therefore he should not have been getting new memories. Yet, he was, but not that particular memory. Pretty much this whole season has been retarded and I wish writers who can't write time-travel shit would stop trying, cause they suck ass at it.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No. Once HR prevented Savitar from killing Iris, the timeline that he was from no longer existed, therefore he should not have been getting new memories. Yet, he was, but not that particular memory. Pretty much this whole season has been retarded and I wish writers who can't write time-travel shit would stop trying, cause they suck ass at it.
yeah, pretty much. Just fucking nonsense. theres no weight, because there isn't even a semblance of logical progression.

Ladro

Anomaly
This was a disappointing finale. Arrow crushed theirs but this just whimpered out, kind of sad; It was once the best show and now I feel like it's just become terrible. It almost felt like they were ending the series. Maybe they didn't know the were getting renewed when they wrapped?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, its kindof crazy. Flash came out, changed the way all the superhero tv shows were going, and crushed them.
Shield, gotham all picked up the slack. Flash just fucking tanked. like it cribbed notes from Legends of tomorrow.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Flash got too crazy too quickly with time travel and alternate earths and shit. I'm hoping they'll rein things in again next season with the non-speedster villain and a return to more traditional crime fighting/super heroing as opposed to all the dimensional universe time traveling we've had lately.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So over my birthday va-ca half week I binged all of The Flash and a few of the first season of the Arrow. I had never seen a single episode of any of the DC superhero series.I mostly agree with the comments above, although the show really holds true to the comic. It The first season of The Flash was great! By the time I had gotten to the end of the third season, though, as indicated above, if I never hear "I'm not fast enough", "I need to get faster", "I need more speed", "I believe in you, Barry" etc. etc. etc. :emoji_dizzy_face: Some shows were just not meant to be binge-watched that close together. I wanted to watch some of the Arrow to see if it was the same thing and it seems like it follows roughly the same formula but from Batman rather than Superman. Although much more vulnerable, his powerset gives him the same Overpowered issues in any particular circumstance (how do you make this really challenging when "X" use of the Speed Force/superspeed would solve the problem?") that run throughout the Superman stories. All in all, though, a good watch.

Last edited:

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I can't believe you put yourself through that. Standard 20 - 22 episode network shows like these aren't meant to be binge watched. Over half the episodes are going to be useless filler, and every episode is going to be super formulaic so it'll get repetitive really quickly.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He didn't say good bye to Jay right? Did they just trick the speed force by using the disguise device? With the way Jay has been portrayed there is no way he lets Barry go in there.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He didn't say good bye to Jay right? Did they just trick the speed force by using the disguise device? With the way Jay has been portrayed there is no way he lets Barry go in there.
That would be a terrible conclusion, but I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility with this show.
Speedforce is this supernatural "thing" that exists and people can borrow power from it to run really fast. but TEE-HEE, I FOOLED YOU! LOLZ!

Christ, I hope it's not that bad.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That would be a terrible conclusion, but I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility with this show.
Speedforce is this supernatural "thing" that exists and people can borrow power from it to run really fast. but TEE-HEE, I FOOLED YOU! LOLZ!

Christ, I hope it's not that bad.
The good news is my response doesn't need to be spoilered. The bad news is my response is - I turn my brain off to watch this show because the plots are some times just that bad ;)

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The speed force needs a captive speedister for whatever reason? So who was trapped there before Zavitaur? As I see it He/she/it should still be trapped. If they removed the creation of Zavitaur they remove that person from being released from the speed force.