The Flash

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was plenty of time from when he found out about being Eobard's ancestor to when he killed himself. It really should have been the first thing he did after they rescued him
Yeah because it totally makes sense to commit suicide when you still have no idea whether or not Barry will be able to take care of the problem himself. He only did it as a last resort when it became clear Barry couldn't stop him.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah because it totally makes sense to commit suicide when you still have no idea whether or not Barry will be able to take care of the problem himself. He only did it as a last resort when it became clear Barry couldn't stop him.
Pretty sure he meant getting snipped right after getting rescued not suicide.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure he meant getting snipped right after getting rescued not suicide.
Oh well yeah that makes a lot more sense. But still, why would you do that if you thought Barry would be able to stop him? I don't even really want kids, but I still wouldn't go get snipped to prevent a future super-villain from being born unless I knew there was no better way to stop him.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Couldn't he also take a week off and starting fapping until his descendent disappears because he would end up having a daughter instead or something?

Devlin

Golden Squire
Basically nothing happened in this episode because of the paradoxical nature of everything that happened and everything is left open.

They can start season 2 however they like which whichever characters they want still alive. My guess is Tom Cavanagh will be regular Dr Wells, Flash's mother will still be dead, Eddie will turn up somehow as the last we saw of him was mysteriously vanishing into the wormhole and sooner or later Eobard will turn up as we've really seen nothing of his actual back story which they were (deliberately?) very vague about.

Eddie will not come back as any kind of villain, he died a total heroes death sacrificing himself to save his friends.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Basically nothing happened in this episode because of the paradoxical nature of everything that happened and everything is left open.

They can start season 2 however they like which whichever characters they want still alive. My guess is Tom Cavanagh will be regular Dr Wells, Flash's mother will still be dead, Eddie will turn up somehow as the last we saw of him was mysteriously vanishing into the wormhole and sooner or later Eobard will turn up as we've really seen nothing of his actual back story which they were (deliberately?) very vague about.

Eddie will not come back as any kind of villain, he died a total heroes death sacrificing himself to save his friends.
The Eddie from this timeline probally wont...Im thinking season 2 they will be pulling in villains from other timelines...Flash stories have lots of time travel and multi verse elements. I think Killer Frost wont be our Caitlin Snow but will be from an alternate universe. Barry being arrested I think will be an alternate universe Barry.....They will use the "black hole" next season as they did with the particle accelerator this season, as a way to introduce villians.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Here's a thought don't click on it.
I don't. But here's a thought, why does he have to rely on a third party's opinion for everything that happens? He did the same fucking thing with Red Letter Media.

Surely this is a place for posting our own opinions, we aren't short on comic books nerds (myself included) to chime in with their own take on the subject.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Now I'm no geneticist or anything, but that sounds legit
The whole thing with him revealing himself to Eddie was incredibly odd anyway. It would be more than shortsighted for a villain to reveal that connection.

The part when he kidnapped Eddie and said he was his "insurance policy" also made no sense unless he could actually hurt him. Was Eddie an only child?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Time travel raises a lot of questions that can never be answered. What happens to the current timeline when the past is changed? Does it just fade into the ether? If there's an infinite number of universes then all the people in the parallel universes are doomed no matter what you do. This episode alone contained so many paradoxes that it made my head hurt.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Time travel is comics is just.... Convoluted at its best, I just ignore the implications and hope the story is strong enough to make me forget about the plot holes.

I just wonder how far they are going to take the speed force and the others, we've heard Wally West and now Garrick's helm, are we getting impulse? Jessie Quick? It's mind boggling!

Also is the implication that since Faux Wells told Cisco he's a meta, Caitlin was also effected or think that will be Season two?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What a fucking amazing ending. Just wow, the possibility this opens up is amazing.

Are they really gonna go with Multiverse, alternate timelines and all that shit on The CW budget?

When you don't over analyse it and just enjoy it for what it is...it's in my opinion the most entertaining show on TV...and probably as good a comic book superhero TV show as there will ever be.

It strikes the same cords that made reading comic book so fun as a kid.

Strangely, my favorite TV shows are almost all on The CW right now...Arrow(season 3 being a bit of a disappointment), The Flash and The 100.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Time travel raises a lot of questions that can never be answered. What happens to the current timeline when the past is changed? Does it just fade into the ether? If there's an infinite number of universes then all the people in the parallel universes are doomed no matter what you do. This episode alone contained so many paradoxes that it made my head hurt.
The Langoliers

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Several things:

1) Having a vasectomy wouldn't necessarily erase Wells from existence. Vasectomies can be reversed, he could be cloned, sperm used for artificial insemination etc. while Eddie was still alive.

2) Eddie killing himself literally creates a paradoxical plot hole that threatens to consume the whole show.

3) This finale lines up very very closely with the Arrow season 1 finale. Eddie (Tommy) dies trying to save his love Iris (Laurel) from Barry's (Oliver's) arch-nemesis Wells (Merlyn). Wells (Merlyn) appears dead, buuuuut we pretty much know he'll be back next year. Despite defeating the villain, our heroic team is ultimately unable to stop a disasterous black hole (The Undertaking) from inflicting Central City (Starling City).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like when wells sees the retro flash helmet he is all like NOPE time to GTFO buh bye.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My take on time travel (which I obviously have no supporting evidence for) has always been that it probably creates an offshoot timeline at the moment you go back to. So if Barry went back to save his mom, he'd be in a new timeline where she lives, but all the people he left behind wouldn't notice any difference at all...except that Barry is just gone. From their perspective, nothing about their past would change, because they've already experienced it. Also, if Barry saves his mom and then goes back through the wormhole, he's in the parallel timeline where she has always been alive, so everyone remembers her being alive anyway, which has always been their history. It didn't change, it was always like that. He just thinks he's changed it, when in reality all he did was hop timelines. He's just abandoned all the people he knew to a life without him, and traded it for a group that never knew anything but his mom being alive.

Like the episode with the tsunami. There is a timeline out there where Iris and everyone else died to the tsunami, Barry just left that one. Now you ask, why aren't there two Barry's in that timeline then? Well, it is also entirely possible that the timeline he hops over to is created instantaneously at that moment when he hops, so there is no paradox of two Barrys.

That's how I imagine time travel works, which has always made me view time travel in a lot darker way. You aren't saving the people in your timeline, you're abandoning them to death or whatever fate you're trying to prevent. Because I don't feel that a timeline simply winks out of existence because one person leaves it. Your frame of reference changes, that's all.

Obviously this can be argued to death and I wouldn't have answers for things like our Barry seeing future Barry telling him not to save her, but I still feel that it can be consistent with my creating new timelines theory, it just gets more convoluted.