The Flash

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought Barry would save his Mom, and screw up the timeline. He wouldn't have been raised by Joe, who now had time to remarry, have another kid, thus giving us Wally West. Just seemed like too much "happy" shit went down for them not to change the timeline. Caitlin, and Ronnie getting married, Eddie saying "fuck the future", and going after Iris, Cisco figuring out he is a meta.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was thinking that was what caused the portal to open again. Maybe this version of the timeline collapsing?
This, Eddie killed himself which will erase Eobard or whatever from going back in time. However it will also means what led Eddie to killing himself will never occur and thus Eddie will not be dead in S2 and Wells will be normal Wells in S2 not super evil Wells.

Atleast thats what i see happening.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This, Eddie killed himself which will erase Eobard or whatever from going back in time. However it will also means what led Eddie to killing himself will never occur and thus Eddie will not be dead in S2 and Wells will be normal Wells in S2 not super evil Wells.

Atleast thats what i see happening.
its too timeywimey to think about. if no eddie, then no eobard, which means barry's mom is not dead, dad isnt in jail and because of no particle accelerator explosion there is no metahumans including the flash?

i know i stopped linking these, but for the finale i will and because charlie shows all the speedforce images, including killer frost, flash museum and barry in jail. he also explains what season 2 is going to be like.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally watched the episode, Barry and his mom had me trying not to get emotional. The time travel stuff was annoying and didnt understand why they would agree to it but the big twist with Eddie killing himself was awesome. I now see why the cast got pretty emotional reading the final episode

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They set up Ronnie to be the one who dies through most of the episode. I wonder if now we might see him show up on the cast list for Legends of Tomorrow. Certainly his absence plus Stein's 'half a hero' line in the trailer made me think they were offing Ronnie in the Flash finale.

Devlin

Golden Squire
i know i stopped linking these, but for the finale i will and because charlie shows all the speedforce images, including killer frost, flash museum and barry in jail. he also explains what season 2 is going to be like.
That guy knows jack shit and explains everything like it's the gospel truth.

Please stop linking his awful thoughts.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Also, the idea that he shouldn't change the past on moral grounds doesn't make any sense. The "correct" timeline would be the one where his mother never died in the first place, so the "right" thing to do should have been to save her

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Pretty much sums up all my main thoughts tonight. When I heard the gunshot and Wells backed off I was like "What? Joe stopped him with a fucking bullet!?" then it panned to Eddie and I said out loud "Ohhhh shit!". Last 10 minutes of the episode were fucking great.

I'm assuming the "Rip Hunter would be proud" name drop was a set up for Barry getting help from him to fix the singularity blackhole tornado timefuck.

And Wells reaction when Garrick's helmet came through was fucking perfect.
More Jay Garrick stuff please! Think that was my favorite part even though it was just the helmet.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Guess the people swearing that Eddie was a psychotic villain were a little bit off
I wouldnt be so sure yet...his body did get sucked up into the black hole so im still thinking Evil Eddie will make an appearance. I mean no one ever truly dies in comic books.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Couldn't Eddie have accomplished the same by just going to get a vasectomy?

And the collider and metahumans would still exist even without Thawne, He explains that Barry was turned into the Flash by the same thing but years later. Eobard just needed it to happen sooner.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Once they realized he was their ancestor he could have just had a vasectomy and that would pretty much fix everything

edit: sonofabitch

Sevens

Log Wizard

And the collider and metahumans would still exist even without Thawne, He explains that Barry was turned into the Flash by the same thing but years later. Eobard just needed it to happen sooner.
Actually this is right, Wells was the creator of the first particle accelerator that exploded and caused the metahumans....Thawne just suckfaced Wells and built it 15 years sooner. Now that Thawne is no more, Wells is still alive and the original explosion will happen.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Wow, great episode. I wasn't paying attention to the run time and was completely caught off guard that the episode ended where/when it did. Going to be a long summer!

Also, Hawk Girl's got some big ol' teeth.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Actually this is right, Wells was the creator of the first particle accelerator that exploded and caused the metahumans....Thawne just suckfaced Wells and built it 15 years sooner. Now that Thawne is no more, Wells is still alive and the original explosion will happen.
The whole thing's a logically inconsistent mess, but it's unlikely he would be the only one on the planet that didn't know about the first explosion and going on like it never happened.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Except Eobard would have already murdered everyone by the time Eddie went and got the vasectomy. The fact that Eobard having never existed didn't actually change the timeline back to the original one before Nora was murdered suggests that even if Eddie got the vasectomy and Eobard ceased to exist, all the people he murdered would stay dead.

Of course, this also suggests that Eobard should have continued to exist in spite of Eddie shooting himself, he'd just now be trying to return to a future where he and his ancestors never existed. Maybe they do have some internal consistency to it and it affects the future differently from the past, which is why Eobard vanished but everyone from the present was unaffected.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There was plenty of time from when he found out about being Eobard's ancestor to when he killed himself. It really should have been the first thing he did after they rescued him