The Flash

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the pilot. Liked it more than Gotham. I will put this on record as this show actually has a super hero with super villians in it. I am always weary of casting super heroes but the guy they chose to play the flash seems to be pretty good. I would have preferred an Arrow cameo later in the season but the CW has to get that advertising going. That was the only part that felt forced to me.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When that girl finally smiled at the end, am I the only one who thought, "Holy shit you look ugly when you smile, go back to frowning now please".

I have a coupla questions and i hope you guys can refresh my memory. Barry allen was the guy who showed up in arrow and felicity fell in love with, right? Is that the same actor? Something seems different.

Second, that crippled doctor, wasn't he a villain in Arrow? Maybe I'm remembering him from something else, but as soon as I saw him I thought he was a known villain.

Oh and that cop deserved to die. Those fucks were nothing but intruders. No warrant and not once did they try to identify themselves. My outrage over this was subdued by the fact that they never called the guy who got away a 'cop killer'.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yes he's the one Felicity fell for.

No he's not a villain from Arrow, but I'm assuming you think he looks like Malcom Merlin. That's the closest I can think of look wise.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes he's the one Felicity fell for.

No he's not a villain from Arrow, but I'm assuming you think he looks like Malcom Merlin. That's the closest I can think of look wise.
yes, they share a passing resemblance. that was a great episode, i can imagine some people were reminded of matrix 2's neo vs multiple agent smiths fight scene tonight. still was badass.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loving the effects, shockingly good for a CW level show. And they really don't skimp on how often he's doing his thing.

That said, "we were all struck by that lightning"...Jesus, I pulled my groan muscle during that speech.

Still, DC Jaime Madrox was really cool, and I loved the treadmill scene.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Both shows (Flash and Arrow) seem to be heavily mining the New 52 for villains this week, both opting for characters that did not exist 5 years ago. Was a little shocked to see Simon Stagg get offed.

Barry needs some combat training stat.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Barry needs some combat training stat.
Reminds me of an Ultimate Marvel team up issue where Spider-Man realized he didn't actually know how to fight and was just getting by on speed/strength/reactions. So he ended up asking Shang-Chi to train him some.

So, Ollie/Barry training montage?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The dad being the 90s flash was cool. Good show so far.
I just IMDBed the show, and holy shit you are right. Star Labs girl was Ava's prison buddy that got shanked to death in the bathroom. Detective dad's partner looks like he will be one of the various incarnations of Reverse Flash.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think the lab chick got hit by the lightning too and got metahuman bitch powers. I don't know if she smiles like that on purpose for the role, if that's her real smile, or if she's so bad that's the best acting smile she can pull.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
I think the lab chick got hit by the lightning too and got metahuman bitch powers. I don't know if she smiles like that on purpose for the role, if that's her real smile, or if she's so bad that's the best acting smile she can pull.
Yeah she can be a bit frigid.

Her future character,

Caliane

Yeah she can be a bit frigid.

Her future character,
It should be noted Killer Frost has had MAJOR character revisions recently with Nu52, Assualt on Arkham, and Injustice. That she was pushed so much in the last few years itself is a bit weird. Obscure character, and then suddenly major player in Nu52, Forever Evil, Assault on Arkham, Injustice playable character, and now here in the Flash.
There were 2 Killer Frosts in the past, pre nu52. Both were irredeemable psycho's. One a full man hating lesbian. A female Zsasz. Massive body count. (was nice to have a female character that was actually a villain and not just misunderstood.)
Nu52 again, completely rewrote the character. Now suddenly, a good scientist(same name as previous mass killer), that got turned into an energy vampire by evil scientists in an explosion. And only "bad" because she can't help it. Even going as far as becoming a hero in Forever Evil.

The names might just be for Easter Egg purposes.
I mean, her boyfriend is firestrom, shes Killer Frost, the other lab tech is Vibe, the boss is Zoom.. Is there anyone thats NOT a superhero/villain on the show? It'd be petty dumb if everyone has powers.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Did you just use the term "energy vampire" in a post that didn't involve Shelly and what's his name? I think something like Gaelem Valeant (totally misspelled)?

Just caught up on both episodes. Pretty fun so far. I figured they killed off weather wizard because his SFX are expensive, but then they killed off multiple man too. I'm not too familiar with Flash villians. I really only know about the ones from the JLU cartoon. I'm really looking forward to

rrr_img_79386.jpg