The Flash

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
After experiencing most of the emotions already mentioned here about the episode, my guess is that they'll deprive Barry of using time travel except for special episodes by saying he has something along the lines of whatever Wells has that prevents him from using it constantly. We don't know why Wells is stranded, so they can easily just make it so Barry can't "LOL TIME TRAVEL" everything he messes up for the same reason.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How on earth could Eddie be Zoom? Wells is Zoom, he flat out told Cisco he was Eobard Thawne, and said Eddie was a very distant relative implying his origin is the same as in the comics
You can have Zoom and a Reverse flash.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
How did Nora know that Zoom was there to kill young barry, i mean outside of a cliche monologue told to her before attempting to do the deed etc.

I agree with Vvoid in thinking that Barry will only ever "accidentally" time travel for a while and have it be a plot device for dramatic twists.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can have Zoom and a Reverse flash.
My bad, there is indeed a Zoom and a Professor Zoom that are separate villains in DC, but Zoom is a Wally West villain, not a Barry Allen villain, and his name is Hunter Zolomon, not Eddie Thawne. I suspect Grodd ends up messing with Eddie.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well Barry is also boning wally west girlfriend atm. Also just realized weather wizard is Spartacus

Terial

Trakanon Raider
okay, so at the end there, current time flash goes back and takes over past flash, thus restarting that time line right? So is that the initial first iteration of that happening? Meaning for that to happen every time, thus hopefully next episode preventing ciscos death, we would need the flash we saw today to have all events play out as they did and try to stop the tsunami, otherwise he never went back... ugh time travel....
maybe i'm reading to much into it, but if none of today happened then he never goes back, as he can't go back unless he's trying to stop the tsunami...

regardless, brilliant episode, loved it!

So the last thing Flash said at the end was, "Oh Boy." Scott Bakula said that all the time in Quantum Leap after leaping. Nice reference.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
okay, so at the end there, current time flash goes back and takes over past flash, thus restarting that time line right? So is that the initial first iteration of that happening? Meaning for that to happen every time, thus hopefully next episode preventing ciscos death, we would need the flash we saw today to have all events play out as they did and try to stop the tsunami, otherwise he never went back... ugh time travel....
maybe i'm reading to much into it, but if none of today happened then he never goes back, as he can't go back unless he's trying to stop the tsunami...

regardless, brilliant episode, loved it!
If I understand it right, the answer to any such questions is always "Speedforce." Also, in this particular case, since he actually seems to time travel back into his own body, he doesn't have to go back again, he would just be looping.

In other news, I find it funny when people comment that a show about the fastest man alive might be moving too fast, haha.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Don't be a retard and click on the thread right after a new episode if you haven't seen the episode yet?

And yeah that escalated quickly.

I suspect what will happen is that Barry will tell them he traveled back in time, causing events to play out differently this time. My guess is that Cisco will be distracted from looking into the force field failure, meaning the reveal of Wells will be delayed this time, and Iris won't confess her feelings to Barry and won't find out he's the Flash. But learning that he can change time will make him realize he could still save his mother from the Reverse Flash because he hasn't actually failed to do it yet.

*edit again*

And the captain will probably be fine, either from Barry rescuing him, or because the different events cause Martin to never even show up at the precinct to go after Joe.
Someone give this Wakandan an award because i could really see this being the case - Tho i personally like the setup that just happpened, i can see them doing some undoing just as quickly.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd like to say that I'm actually a bit disappointed that Wells is just 100% villain with no redeeming aspects, was hoping he'd be a bit less black and white than 'I need to return to the 25th century and I will do anything and everything to make sure that happens'. The way he kills Cisco just proves the guy from the newspaper right, he's a sociopath. Although I wonder, when he admits to Cisco that he went back there to kill Barry, did he mean he was there to kill the child Barry, or did he go back there to lure the adult Barry to try and kill him?Maybe he actually successfully kills the adult Barry that night.

I've also decided that the writing on this episode, particularly the Wells reveal, was pretty sloppy since they knew that the plot would get reset by Barry going back in time. Wells tipped his hand to Caitlin too by leaving behind the wheelchair which I'm pretty sure he could have taken with him, so was he just going to kill everyone except Barry and hope Barry was either too dumb to figure it out or already fast enough for whatever plan he had to get back to the 25th century?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'd like to say that I'm actually a bit disappointed that Wells is just 100% villain with no redeeming aspects, was hoping he'd be a bit less black and white than 'I need to return to the 25th century and I will do anything and everything to make sure that happens'. The way he kills Cisco just proves the guy from the newspaper right, he's a sociopath. Although I wonder, when he admits to Cisco that he went back there to kill Barry, did he mean he was there to kill the child Barry, or did he go back there to lure the adult Barry to try and kill him?Maybe he actually successfully kills the adult Barry that night.
?
I've also decided that the writing on this episode, particularly the Wells reveal, was pretty sloppy since they knew that the plot would get reset by Barry going back in time. Wells tipped his hand to Caitlin too by leaving behind the wheelchair which I'm pretty sure he could have taken with him, so was he just going to kill everyone except Barry and hope Barry was either too dumb to figure it out or already fast enough for whatever plan he had to get back to the 25th century?
I am a bit curious on what exactly willl change - Barry doesnt know Cisco is dead so its still possible for Cisco to be curious on that day and ask Caitlin to keep him busy is it not?

Malkav

French Madman
I am a bit curious on what exactly willl change - Barry doesnt know Cisco is dead so its still possible for Cisco to be curious on that day and ask Caitlin to keep him busy is it not?
Think it was already mentioned, but just the fact of Barry telling them he time traveled and needs to stop the bad guy before he unleashed a tsunami can totally change how they involve themselves in this case, giving no time for Cisco to be curious.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right but I believe the point that Barry traveled back to was at the very beginning of the episode when he is first rushing to the morgue. So if he immediately tells them he traveled back in time, things are going to change. If Iris never gets a chance to ask Cisco about Wells, Cisco will not feel the need to investigate the force field yet.

If they were going to kill off Cisco or Caitlin, I think they would have given them random names instead of naming them after known DC characters.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It does look like he ends up back at the start of the episode, and furthermore next week seems much more about the return of Captain Cold and Heatwave so I'm guessing with his knowledge of the alternate timeline they handle the new Weather Wizard pretty snappily and then carene onto a whole different series of events but with the plot opening to address the effects of changing timelines.

Interesting that Wells went back in time to kill Barry but then ended up stuck in the past presumably because of what happens with Crisis. Which of course opens up questions both of why he went back in time in the first place and additionally what the hell he thinks he is doing in terms of fixing things by creating the Flash but also a whole host of people like Firestorm etc.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Interesting that Wells went back in time to kill Barry but then ended up stuck in the past presumably because of what happens with Crisis. Which of course opens up questions both of why he went back in time in the first place and additionally what the hell he thinks he is doing in terms of fixing things by creating the Flash but also a whole host of people like Firestorm etc.
My current crazy theory that is likely to be completely wrong is as follows.

Wells went back in time to kill adult Barry, not child Barry. He succeeded in killing adult Barry, which is why adult Barry vanishes in the middle of whatever crisis is shown on Wells' future computer. Killing Barry causes the speedforce to become too weak to allow Wells to travel back to the future, stranding him, so he has to create the Flash and help develop young Barry into strengthening the speedforce again so that there is enough of it to allow him to travel back to his own time.

Which happens. Possibly not by killing Barry, but Wells gets back to his own future. Which is now a horrible mess because the Flash was instrumental to stopping aforementioned crisis. So now Wells has to come back and save Barry from himself, somehow.

This theory is largely based around the fact that I desperately want Tom Cavanagh to stay on the show.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That was pretty cool. I didn't expect time travel so quickly, I'm really curious to see how they will handle time travel.

Maybe forward time travel is not possible, and he's just living in a new timeline, which is why the Reverse-Flash is stuck here, he's hoping Barry is the key but maybe that's not the case.

I agree that he'll change stuff enough to save Cisco by accident, also will probably not end up having Iris tell him she loves him or that he's the Flash...but he'll remember which is probably gonna be pretty screwed up knowing she loves him but because some things didn't happen the way they were supposed to, she remains with Eddy and there's nothing he can do about it.
smile.png

Whatever they end up doing, I hope that it ends up with some serious unforeseen consequences that will make Barry be extremely careful about time travelling. You don't want to him to have the option to time travel to fix everything...

It was overall an excellent episode.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This theory is largely based around the fact that I desperately want Tom Cavanagh to stay on the show.
They can keep him easily enough, by changing the past so that the reveal to Cisco doesn't happen. In a nice way they give the fans what we wanted...a detailed exposition of what happened, who he is, etc...while it will remain a mystery to the characters on the show.