The Flash

Devlin

Golden Squire
So Flash could really just run into the vortex, travel back in time and prevent himself from stopping Eobard going back to his own time and everything would be fixed.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Any speculation on why flash stopped himself from saving his mom? All i could come up with was that the writers didn't want to retcon the entire arrowverse. I figured the blackhole was the timeline collapsing on itself like they did in continuum (and I guess in other places too). But Flash will save them by stopping it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Any speculation on why flash stopped himself from saving his mom? All i could come up with was that the writers didn't want to retcon the entire arrowverse. I figured the blackhole was the timeline collapsing on itself like they did in continuum (and I guess in other places too). But Flash will save them by stopping it?
because saving his mom would erase his relationship with joe and iris and he would never have become the flash (in that particular timeline) thus dooming all those people to death he wasnt there to save. barry cares about "his city"

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah but what about all the other people he saved because he wasn't busy saving the first group of people? I mean barry wouldn't all of a sudden be a bad guy just because he had 2 parents at home. If he was, eobard probably would have liked him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
eobard does like barry, in fact he liked future barry too, he only turned into his enemy because his wife died and he begged barry to go back in time and save her and barry refused. so eobard broke into the flash museum, stole barry's stuff (pc, suit,ring etc) and "reverse" engineered everything to make himself into a speedster so he could go back in time and kill barry, he relized he couldnt kill him so he killed his mom so he could suffer a tragic loss so later on he would save eobard's wife. or something like that. it threw a monkey wrench into things when barry still let his mom die

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I took it as the Barry that stopped current show Flash from interfering to save his mom "knew better", as if he knew that current Barry doing anything would do worse things to the timeline following his interference than the positive of saving his mom, and it was not a good thing. They weren't wearing the same suit, the Barry that waved him off had a redder suit and I think he had the white logo on the chest, so it wasn't from the same time. I thought it was an incredibly powerful moment and possibly my favorite moment from this series so far, with the competition being those last few minutes in the tidal wave episode where Barry see's himself after time traveling for the first time. Fantastic acting from Grant Guston this episode.

p.s. I readily admit that I go fucking cross eyed almost instantly when there is time travel involved. I may have totally gone mongo when watching this episode and just don't get it. But I loved it just the same. Watching it again right now!

edit again...jesus the feels in that moment when his mom is dying...this show is so good.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
because saving his mom would erase his relationship with joe and iris and he would never have become the flash (in that particular timeline) thus dooming all those people to death he wasnt there to save. barry cares about "his city"
That's not what he's asking. When he went back in time and there were 2 Flashes, the original one from Thawne's timeline waved him off so he wouldn't interfere.

There's no way original Flash could have known Thawne was going to kill his mother or what that would mean for Barry's future. Original Barry didn't grow up with Joe for a father or Iris for a sister so he wouldn't have any reason to save those relationships he never had

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Did he follow him back from eoard's time? Is flash immortal now? Cause he'd be old and decrepit by then if still alive, and that guy looked to still be pretty young. I go crosseyed with the dates too, but I thought the article he kept looking at was from 2025, and he was from at least 100 years beyond that. That told me that the flash who fought him in the past was from 2025.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
So there is no flash anymore in Eobard's time? He reverse engineered everything to go back and kill him?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well if you really want to know about Eobard Thawne in the comics, look him up in a wiki or something. It's anyone's best guess as to what parts of his back story they're using in the show. Comics Eobard is from like 500 years in the future, not the 120 something he is in the show.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Well if you really want to know about Eobard Thawne in the comics, look him up in a wiki or something. It's anyone's best guess as to what parts of his back story they're using in the show. Comics Eobard is from like 500 years in the future, not the 120 something he is in the show.
From the way he was acting I'm pretty sure they're using his main back story from the comics. That and they showed the Flash museum in the time stream.

I hope so anyway I like that version.