The forgotten movies

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Do you trust Hollywood of 2022 to not fuck any of these gems up?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I went through a big Clive barker kick in highshool/college.
yes, the books are very different from the movies. The books are WAY WAY more sexual, and fantastic. stuff that couldn't be filmed back in the day. could maybe be done on HBO today, with a crazy budget.
Much of his stuff could probably be turned into a video game. He did the undying of course. but the tech wasn't there back then.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I went through a big Clive barker kick in highshool/college.
yes, the books are very different from the movies. The books are WAY WAY more sexual, and fantastic. stuff that couldn't be filmed back in the day. could maybe be done on HBO today, with a crazy budget.
Much of his stuff could probably be turned into a video game. He did the undying of course. but the tech wasn't there back then.
Clive Barker was one of the first authors I knew of as being out as gay; the sex was an intrinsic part of his fiction, including and especially his horror. I don't know where many of these could be done book accurate, with the caveat I have read many of them in decades but the sexual content seemed so strong. So many good stories, though. When he first started, he was like King writing on drugs, so prolific and so amazing. It was one of the best things about being a teenager in the late-80's/early 90's: There weren't any other mediums really for them to work in, so there was no diffusion of talent; books was where it was at, and I had time and money to read what was coming out.

Of course, today there is a chance someone might make it into a series but so much crap gets made, Wokeism has robbed us of what what the Streaming Wars could have delivered in terms of amazing content.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What do they change in the director's cut?

It's been a really long time since ive seen the cut version but i think they put in more blood snd gore but most importantly put in more of the cult stuff to make it make more sense. Don't hold me to that though.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's been a really long time since ive seen the cut version but i think they put in more blood snd gore but most importantly put in more of the cult stuff to make it make more sense. Don't hold me to that though.
Ill have to find a copy to watch. I always enjoyed this flick.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
is it gay to prefer Monster Squad or even Fright Night to this?
I love monster squad, was gonna show it to my 6yo last Halloween and decided to pre watch it to see if he could handle it. When i was a kid i didnt even notice they say Faggot alot, fat kid want that fat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also

MV5BNmM2OGJlOWMtMzcxNS00ZThiLWJmZWQtNDQ4YThiN2Y5NDI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love monster squad, was gonna show it to my 6yo last Halloween and decided to pre watch it to see if he could handle it. When i was a kid i didnt even notice they say Faggot alot, fat kid want that fat.
both movies, Lost Boys and Monster Squad came out the same year. so i rented both on VHS back then. Lost Boys was the cool kids movie, but Monster Squad was a lot more fun to 15/16 year old me. i still think its a good movie. and yeah everyone said faggot or rertarded back then. thats why us old geezers still say it unironically. faggot was the same as calling somebody a punk or wimp. it was a better time where you could say dumb shit like that and nobody would get offendd thinking you were talking about gay people. nobody thought about gay people because almost nobody was gay, there was a few sissy kids we called out, but nobody was thinking they were taking it up the ass or whatever. just that they were little faggots. i had a friend i used to hang out with dude was into girls as much as i was, when Swamp Thing was playing n HBO about the same time every day we would race home from school and time it so we could catch that scene with Adrienne Barbeu releasing the twins in the water. years later i see he's now openly gay. i still cant wrap my head around that. like how do you go from wanting to see naked chicks to growing up and getting rearended? my only reason is he didnt want anyone to know he was a homo and so he acted that way so i would be his friend. life is weird.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

is it gay to prefer Monster Squad or even Fright Night to this?
depends. What kind of person are you, and what kind of Vampire do you like? Lost boys is that Emo homo-erotic Anne Rice, Vampire the Masquerade, goth, etc type. do you like The Crow?
Monster squad is the most normie. as its universal monsters and classic kid adventure.
While Fright night, (both of them) are the more traditional monster vampire.

Personally yeah, I was never into that 90's goth alt shit.

I'd take this over Lost boys any day.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
depends. What kind of person are you, and what kind of Vampire do you like? Lost boys is that Emo homo-erotic Anne Rice, Vampire the Masquerade, goth, etc type. do you like The Crow?
Monster squad is the most normie. as its universal monsters and classic kid adventure.
While Fright night, (both of them) are the more traditional monster vampire.

Personally yeah, I was never into that 90's goth alt shit.

I'd take this over Lost boys any day.
i like the traditional Christopher Lee/Bela Lugosi type of vampire movies, but i really liked Interview With The Vampire. i basically liked all vampire stuff til the 90s when they went apeshit with vampire movies of all kinds and i noped out. i also liked the Crow, but i liked it for the movie. it was very well done, great music and great cinematography.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i like the traditional Christopher Lee/Bela Lugosi type of vampire movies, but i really liked Interview With The Vampire. i basically liked all vampire stuff til the 90s when they went apeshit with vampire movies of all kinds and i noped out. i also liked the Crow, but i liked it for the movie. it was very well done, great music and great cinematography.
Someone on the board turned me on to Only Lovers Left Alive. I really enjoyed its take on vampires.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Someone on the board turned me on to Only Lovers Left Alive. I really enjoyed its take on vampires.
One of my favorite Vampire movies:

The Hunger

Also, I love Grace Jones in "Vamp".

Maybe I'm getting old but I just love watching shit form the 80s and early 90s

• 1Like