The forgotten movies

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i had a crush on Kristy McNicholl for a short time. no idea why her career went south so fast.
oh yeah, thats why.
I've never watched the movie but my uncle put it in the vhs and my dad and grandpa lost it. Was their something controversial? I forgot about that movie, I was gave a bowl of ice cream which was great

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I've never watched the movie but my uncle put it in the vhs and my dad and grandpa lost it. Was their something controversial? I forgot about that movie
i partially saw that movie at least a dozen times as a kid because HBO had a boner for playing that in the afternoon after school. that being said, its really a shit tier movie, but i remember the last 20 minutes being "good". so i just put it on to watch that part and then when it was over id watch whatever came next.
its on youtube. i will try to find the "good" part.
oh nonononono, there is no "good" part. i guess the "good" part that young chuk liked was the slapstick or Kristy looking cute in different outfits. her hair was really nice too. she had absolutely horrible hair in the 70s. that movie is unwatchable.

Last edited:

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
anyone ever watch "Little Big Man"? Dustin Hoffman is super old man giving an interview about being the only white survivor of Custer's Last Stand. he was raised by the Indians and then was adopted by white people and had a crazy life, he was friends with Wild Bill Hickcock too. great movie.

my favorite scene.

lets get some Charles Bronson westerns in here.
there is Death Hunt with Bronson, Lee Marvin and Carl Weathers. Bronson kills some scumbags and ends up being hunted for their murders in the Yukon
then there is The White Buffalo, its basically a monster movie, Bronson has to take down a white Buffalo thats killing everyone.
Red Sun, a rare samurai sword intended for the president is stolen in a train robbery. its a pretty decent film. Bronson and a fellow samurai have to retrieve it

Death Hunt is loosely based on a true story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just saw Innerspace was mentioned on the first page. And it might have been mentioned but some family movies I will put up Dutch, Out on a limb( introduced to John c Reilly in 1992), Bird on a wire.

I can't remember if it was a good movie but my dad would put on sunglasses just to say this line

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
a movie most dont remember, but i thought was pretty good was A Million To Juan.
not an original concept by any means, dude gets a check for a million dollars as a test to see if it corrupts him, but i appreciate the heart he put into his perfomance. whole movie right here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
p4544_p_v10_ag.jpg

It's been all downhill since

I remember at the arcade grinding Mortal Kombat and streetfighter there was this kid in a Timecop shirt. Year was 1994 it had just come out.

Timecop was one of Van Damme's biggest blockbuster successes and considered one of his best films, although it's the least seen movie when you ask people to name a Van Damme movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I remember at the arcade grinding Mortal Kombat and streetfighter there was this kid in a Timecop shirt. Year was 1994 it had just come out.

Timecop was one of Van Damme's biggest blockbuster successes and considered one of his best films, although it's the least seen movie when you ask people to name a Van Damme movie.
his best movie was Bloodsport and likely everyone saw it on cable so it wasnt a big hit. i saw Timecop in a packed theater. it was ok. nothing i would reccomend to anyone. i liked Universal Soldier better. which i also saw in a packed theater. dude was big for a short time.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
his best movie was Bloodsport and likely everyone saw it on cable so it wasnt a big hit. i saw Timecop in a packed theater. it was ok. nothing i would reccomend to anyone. i liked Universal Soldier better. which i also saw in a packed theater. dude was big for a short time.

People forget Van Damme had actual blockbusters out even around the mid 90's, or forget he even had big blockbusters at all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People forget Van Damme had actual blockbusters out even around the mid 90's, or forget he even had big blockbusters at all.
yup. last one i caught at a theater was Sudden Death, which was actually a cool premise, it just wasnt a very good film. still it was fun. the rest i watched on cable. he kind of killed his own career by saying ok to every crap script that came along and he ruined his brand. yeah money is money and make all you can while you can, but he buried himself with shit and nobody remembers him anymore. i saw those later films, i dont remember what they were about though. i didnt even know he did a Universal Soldier sequel til i checked his IMDB just now..

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yup. last one i caught at a theater was Sudden Death, which was actually a cool premise, it just wasnt a very good film. still it was fun. the rest i watched on cable. he kind of killed his own career by saying ok to every crap script that came along and he ruined his brand. yeah money is money and make all you can while you can, but he buried himself with shit and nobody remembers him anymore. i saw those later films, i dont remember what they were about though. i didnt even know he did a Universal Soldier sequel til i checked his IMDB just now..

I feel like you can adlib Seagal into this post as well. Except they authorized too big of a budget for his next blockbuster and the failure wasn't really his fault. They just spent too much money on that. Every big action movie isn't going to be a blockbuster and they acted like it was going to be sliced bread. For Seagal though unlike Van Damme, his physical shape became a problem right after that flop. An agent from the 90's said they see it all the time and it's even a catchphrase "waistline expanding, hairline receding" phone stopped ringing. By the time Seagal addressed his hair with plugs and wigs no big studio was making those type of movies anymore, and certainly not with the same 44 inch waist that was already a problem to begin with.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I feel like you can adlib Seagal into this post as well. Except they authorized too big of a budget for his next blockbuster and the failure wasn't really his fault. They just spent too much money on that. Every big action movie isn't going to be a blockbuster and they acted like it was going to be sliced bread. For Seagal though unlike Van Damme, his physical shape became a problem right after that flop. An agent from the 90's said they see it all the time and it's even a catchphrase "waistline expanding, hairline receding" phone stopped ringing. By the time Seagal addressed his hair with plugs and wigs no big studio was making those type of movies anymore, and certainly not with the same 44 inch waist that was already a problem to begin with.
Seagal, Wesley Snipes, Stallone, Arnold , Willis and even Kurt Russell went down that same path. maybe the genre was ending and they saw the writing on the wall so they grabbed onto every role they could before the parade went by. god bless Stallone, he at least made a comeback. none of the others ever did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seagal, Wesley Snipes, Stallone, Arnold , Willis and even Kurt Russell went down that same path. maybe the genre was ending and they saw the writing on the wall so they grabbed onto every role they could before the parade went by. god bless Stallone, he at least made a comeback. none of the others ever did.

Stallone's the GOAT for that one. No one else has done a comeback that big and delivered on it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

99f0f4449e938ff4d9a9a8102510b9ed.png

nope, there was at least one more movie everyone saw

0d04afaf05d29be93940b8db496561a1.png

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Stallone's the GOAT for that one. No one else has done a comeback that big and delivered on it.
and he's such a great guy that he even put all those washed up action stars in his Expendables films to kickstart their careers and it still didnt help. at least Chuck Norris was smarter and went to TV to be mediocre but became well remembered. Arnold is pathetic, he tried milking Terminator for 20 years for a comeback but didnt realize that he wasnt that cool anymore.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
and he's such a great guy that he even put all those washed up action stars in his Expendables films to kickstart their careers and it still didnt help. at least Chuck Norris was smarter and went to TV to be mediocre but became well remembered. Arnold is pathetic, he tried milking Terminator for 20 years for a comeback but didnt realize that he wasnt that cool anymore.

Oh man, Arnold put out a movie every month for his comeback what seemed like.

After the Terminator flop they just kept coming. Only thing you were thinking was "thank god I won't remember this shit". It was such pure trash it's in and out, I can't even name one of those piece of shit movies. Arnold had no charisma at all. As well as lacking the physique. Whereas Stallone was able to bring both the charisma and physique well into his 60's. Stallone settled that one with the welfare Expendables handout. He could have made Expendables on his own and moved off the huge momentum of his comeback and brought action films back by himself. But nothing could pull Arnold's pants up-- it was truly over for him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh man, Arnold put out a movie every month for his comeback what seemed like.

After the Terminator flop they just kept coming. Only thing you were thinking was "thank god I won't remember this shit". It was such pure trash it's in and out, I can't even name one of those piece of shit movies. Arnold had no charisma at all. As well as lacking the physique. Whereas Stallone was able to bring both the charisma and physique well into his 60's. Stallone settled that one with the welfare Expendables handout. He could have made Expendables on his own and moved off the huge momentum of his comeback and brought action films back by himself. But nothing could pull Arnold's pants up-- it was truly over for him.
thing is, Arold had many opportunities to be the cool guy again, but he cucked out so hard that everyone was disgusted by him. he cucked out in his marriage, he cucked out as governator, he cuked out in politics with his hot takes and then he cucked out most recently with covid. he's probably the biggest disappointment for somebody i admired as a kid. i got into weight lifting at 10 because i wanted to be just like Arnold and Lou Ferrigno. at least Lou Ferrigno is stil awesome and i was so happy when i heard he got his hearing loss fixed.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
he's probably the biggest disappointment for somebody i admired as a kid.
Fucking a. Came to America and became one of the biggest stars in the world embracing a culture he utterly despises today. Fuck that guy.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users