The forgotten movies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i am cross posting and i dont care.
Super Fuzz. the greatest HBO daily rotation movie of our childhoods.
i remember watching this every single time this came on after i got home from school. not just a few minutes. but the entire thing because 11 yr old chuk loved the entire movie. they replayed this for years, it would play all month and i would watch it every day. then a few months later it would be back! OMG gotta watch Super Fuzz!
This movie was the shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This movie is soo bad, but I still watch it from time to time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is a far superior Surfing movie

my dad recorded that for me back in the day. it sounded stupid. then i watched it. it was fucking awesome. the score is killer. that trailer is asshole though. it literally spoiled every part of the film

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
while we are on a 70s/80s kick, anyone remember "Thank God It's Friday"? its kind of the white people version of Car Wash. i watched it a shit ton. it had Donna Summer and The Commodores and weirdly the first film i ever saw Jeff Goldblum in. its amazing he ever became a big star. his character was fucking sleazy.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
while we are on a 70s/80s kick, anyone remember "Thank God It's Friday"? its kind of the white people version of Car Wash. i watched it a shit ton. it had Donna Summer and The Commodores and weirdly the first film i ever saw Jeff Goldblum in. its amazing he ever became a big star. his character was fucking sleazy.
This is a little embarrassing to admit but I remember seeing it in a theater and the feeling you had when walking out at the end... Like you were the shit. Omg so stupid. It was like watching Trinity is still my name when you were 8 and you felt badass at the end.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is a little embarrassing to admit but I remember seeing it in a theater and the feeling you had when walking out at the end... Like you were the shit. Omg so stupid. It was like watching Trinity is still my name when you were 8 and you felt badass at the end.
i think it came on cable in 79 or 80 and my dad loved that movie, he liked Donna Summer's music, so of course we watched this film a lot. looking back now, its really not good. there is a reason its been forgotten and the actors wanted to forget they were ever in it. but for a time it was indeed the shit. i didnt understand why the drugged out chick was so off her rocker, but as a kid she just looked like she was having a great time. she was the the best part of the movie. as well as the dude who had a hardon for leather and dancing. those people would be locked the fuck up today. back then they were fucking awesome and you would want them at your party.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
1610683091180.png

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Cannon films got a bad rep. They were making awesome movies for us kids while everyone else thought they were making shit. Who here loved all the chuck norris films they made or the ninja movies?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Cannon films got a bad rep. They were making awesome movies for us kids while everyone else thought they were making shit. Who here loved all the chuck norris films they made or the ninja movies?
I was a big fan of Sho Kosugi.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was a big fan of Sho Kosugi.
i saw Pray For Death in the theater, was just us kids in there. it was rated R but i guess because there wasnt any sex in it, they didnt give a fuck if we saw dudes beheaded and cut to ribbons. pretty much the same with the kungfu movies they played on regular TV. i still cant believe they let some of those films air back then. my favorite was Mortal Combat or Crippled Avengers, lots of gore in that one. right on network TV.
one of their set pieces

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is from my favorite all time cheesy Kung Fu movie:

lol, whats with those fake beards. that shit is still frickin awesome. i liked all the crazy weapons they used in movies like that. it was always 5 guys against the chinese warlord who for no reason just went to small villages and pissed on everyone's day. so much fun back then. when did cheese films like that go out of style?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
lol, whats with those fake beards. that shit is still frickin awesome. i liked all the crazy weapons they used in movies like that. it was always 5 guys against the chinese warlord who for no reason just went to small villages and pissed on everyone's day. so much fun back then. when did cheese films like that go out of style?
Bruce Lee, Samo Hung, and Jackie Chan kinda changed the way Kung Fu movies were told. They moved away from the over the top cheese, fight scenes got much better imo, and moved kung fu into different genres.

• 1Like