The future, what will it hold for us?

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
How many assholes love kicking their dogs?

I definitely think sexbots, if they're good enough, can have their place in the market, but demand for the real thing will always be high. Especially if we're talking about the evil shit.
What kind of alternate reality do you live in where there's a high occurence of people loving to kick their dog or who frequent prostitutes for the evil shit? They are rare outliers, not market drivers. You have a twisted view of society, you need to get out more and interact with humans more often. I'm not being coy. No wonder you take the stance you have when it comes to rape crimes, somehow you think active psychopaths are a common thing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What kind of alternate reality do you live in where there's a high occurence of people loving to kick their dog or who frequent prostitutes for the evil shit? They are rare outliers, not market drivers. You have a twisted view of society, you need to get out more and interact with humans more often. I'm not being coy. No wonder you take the stance you have when it comes to rape crimes, somehow you think active psychopaths are a common thing.
I'm just saying out of the subset of people who would pay money for a sex object specifically so that they can abuse it, I doubt those people that would get much pleasure out of abusing a robot versus the real thing if both were comparable prices in a world where humans were competing with robots for that 'job.'

But sure, I have a pretty cynical and pessimistic view of humanity, but that just means I'm never disappointed.

iannis

Musty Nester
You ask an oncologist for his opinion and he's always going to tell you that it could be cancer.

This is where statistical studies of serious problems (medical, societal, whatever, police officers suffer from the same "everyone is a scumbag" syndrome even if they start as Upright Men) start to become very personally dangerous at least, and perhaps even ineffective/countereffective as applied to individuals if pursued with the improper focus.

It's actually a problem in social work. There's a technical name for it, but I forget what it is offhand.

iannis

Musty Nester
Girlfriend, you mansplaining shitlord.

I will defend your honor until it no longer amuses me, mi'lady.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's based on that, but it's a more refined version.

I do remember it has a fancier name. Social work really WILL depress your fucking ass if you aren't constantly mindful of the effect. You'll start thinking that there's no good in the world. It's not a flaw in any way, it's a hazard.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If we're going to talk about the darker side of prostitution, I don't think people will get enough satisfaction out of abusing and degrading a robot. People will always be willing to pay a premium to abuse a real person.
Seriously can you leave this shit out of ONE thread in your fucking life?

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Mist, please get a penis to stretch out your vagina for you. You will get better. The number of cells involved in that action is so huge. You'll feelsomuch better. Don't be too picky about it, 'just do it' Nike Style. Work your way up to it. Don't expect to log in as a lvl 60 on day one of beta. Just be what you are and get the dick in any way you can in the alpha phase. Just jump baby.

The first step in raising your standards, is the ability to admit that they first needed to be lowered. It is paradoxical and difficult, but it is true.

I am a total shitlord, don't listen to me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only reason I would ever be interested in a sex bot would be if I could have non-consensual sex with it.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I don't find sex bots interesting for the same reason I don't find hookers interesting. If they have to be compelled to do it (or they have no choice, because they're a bot) then what does that say about me? Sex is fun not just because of the friction on your genitals but because of the connection you make with the other person and the choice they make to be with you that makes it mentally satisfying. If you have a bot that can 24/7 hoover your cock, I'm sure it'd be fun for a week but it'd get boring.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't find sex bots interesting for the same reason I don't find hookers interesting. If they have to be compelled to do it (or they have no choice, because they're a bot) then what does that say about me? Sex is fun not just because of the friction on your genitals but because of the connection you make with the other person and the choice they make to be with you that makes it mentally satisfying. If you have a bot that can 24/7 hoover your cock, I'm sure it'd be fun for a week but it'd get boring.
That's part of what I'm saying too.

I don't think sex bots would even compete very well with VR sex with a real person.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Interchangeable parts.
So? That doesn't fix the issue. The issue being, it's not a human with free will.

I have no problem with bots with AI that can choose to sleep with you, if you're attractive/work for it. But if you can go buy a bot that sucks your dick on command, it's like LFR loot. It's completely unsatisfying. You didn't work for it, the bot doesn't care, it's just meh.