The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Lusiphur

Peasant
Treat a man like crap, intentionally, and you'll be in his thoughts for a while, curious why he wasn't good enough for your affections, especially if you sprinkle in just enough kindness to lead him on.

Treat a woman like crap, intentionally, and you'll be in her thoughts for a while, curious why she wasn't good enough for your affections, especially if you sprinkle in just enough kindness to lead her on.

Shit works... except no one bats an eye when a woman does it. No white knight will come to my defense and tell her she shouldn't have ignored my texts because that's "mean".
You realise that how you are coming across right now is probably why she blanked you?
Aren't you in your 40s or something? Can I suggest you just grow the fuck up and move on.
There are only 2 possibilities here. You didn't interest her enough or she is a bitch. Either means you just move on and stop being a child and making sweeping generalisations about everyone.

iannis

Musty Nester
There's no use worrying over it. You'll never know unless she tells you.

It doesn't have to even have anything to do with you.

I went out on two dates with a woman and then stopped cold. Not because of anything that she did but because I had an unexpected expense come up and I seriously didn't have the money to treat her the way I wanted to. And it bummed me out, and maybe I should have talked to her about it -- but I didn't. And after two swing-and-a-miss short conversations with her it just died on the vine of its own accord.

You'll never know. Just shrug your shoulders and don't take it personally.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I realize that now of course, just a stumbling block and was not thinking clearly from lack of sleep. I know things are completely ruined with this chick, but there is still a part of my mind that wants to know "why" she didn't want me, and THAT is why I know I still have a long way to go to recover from years of ingrained beta behavior.
Because the first thing you did after she told you to "text her when you get home" is..text her when you got home. That was your major mistake, but adding the stage 5 clinger status on top of it? Yeah, no hope.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because the first thing you did after she told you to "text her when you get home" is..text her when you got home. That was your major mistake, but adding the stage 5 clinger status on top of it? Yeah, no hope.
She still would have probably responded in some way though, even if that when he got home text might have seemed a little needy. Sounds more like she was ready to blow him off as soon as the date was over. Which could be for a lot of different reasons but I don't think he had as much chance as he thought he did in the first place.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've only had a few women say strange things like "text me when you get home" after a first date. And that's what you have to realize. That's an odd request from someone you just met. That's the kind of shit your mother asks you to do if you leave a family function after having a drink or two. It's fucking weird for a woman, a peer at that, to request that of you after one meeting.

Notch_sl

shitlord
Your perplexity:

". . . trying to figure out if something changed, why she hung up on me... or what... total cold shoulder..."

Your clarity:

"Met a girl last night for afirst date, dunken donuts[sic]."

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Your perplexity:

". . . trying to figure out if something changed, why she hung up on me... or what... total cold shoulder..."

Your clarity:

"Met a girl last night for afirst date, dunken donuts[sic]."
Please please please be our newest 2.5 billionaire.

W

Wrathcaster

Dude. Jesus. Tinder.

I know I'm late on the citation, and the older guys here scoff but it works.

Holy cheese fartfucking jesus it works.

Like, I saw a post on fucking 4 chan three months ago about it. I was that late to the party.

Been royally fucked over? Want to give whatever you might be able to a shot?

If you're in a big city, you've got like ten thousand shots. They're as desperate as you are. Chances are, something just as horrible has happened to them. Otherwise, why would they be single?

I'm 29 and I've cleaned up on 5 29-45 this week , and I live in basically nowhere.

I still use dating sites to deal with a more specific set of people, but holy shit if Tinder hasn't saved me the trouble of visiting a hundred bars and talking to a thousand vapid idiots.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude. Jesus. Tinder.

I know I'm late on the citation, and the older guys here scoff but it works.

Holy cheese fartfucking jesus it works.

Like, I saw a post on fucking 4 chan three months ago about it. I was that late to the party.

Been royally fucked over? Want to give whatever you might be able to a shot?

If you're in a big city, you've got like ten thousand shots. They're as desperate as you are. Chances are, something just as horrible has happened to them. Otherwise, why would they be single?

I'm 29 and I've cleaned up on 5 29-45 this week , and I live in basically nowhere.

I still use dating sites to deal with a more specific set of people, but holy shit if Tinder hasn't saved me the trouble of visiting a hundred bars and talking to a thousand vapid idiots.
Fucking random broads doesn't fill the hole bro.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If you need your hole filled, then there's another app for you. I think it's called grinder.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
C'mon suteck probably didn't know what it was. In the 4 minutes between our posts, he downloaded it, signed up and figured out what it was.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
C'mon suteck probably didn't know what it was. In the 4 minutes between our posts, he downloaded it, signed up and figured out what it was.
Yeah I was lying I know what it is. I'm not into dudes though bro. Just chicks, really skinny chicks with no hair and very small breasts.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was lying I know what it is. I'm not into dudes though bro. Just chicks, really skinny chicks with no hair and very small breasts.
You are in luck, I think Sinead O'Connor is single again and looking for her 5th marriage.