The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...Overall though, every time they cut to the studio was sad. Worse was the good bye at the end. Oh well, at least it's not good bye forever.
Hamster and Slow definitely kept it totally straightforward and toned down on purpose. Zero effort to present in an entertaining fashion whatsoever. I get the impression they were not trying ot give the BBC any more than they absolutely had to.
Grimm, you are absolutely right. That good bye at the end was just cold and emotionless. The dissonance was palpable just watching it.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I really liked the episode, always enjoyed their cheap car challenges, and we got 2.

That ending was real sad, with just the two of them in the empty studio. Even though I know we'll see them together doing more work, it still hurt to see the ending of such a great series.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I will love to see these 3 on Netflix
Makes me sad though that we wont see The Stig join them
Or his American cousin, or Chinese (karate death kick) cousin, or his African cousin.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, they don't have to name him "The Stig", but they could absolutely get an unnamed F1 racer to drive their test cars to their full potential.

They might not be allowed to dress him in a head to toe racing suit (white), and they definitely can't use the name Stig, but having a similar character isn't going to be that difficult.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they could likely work something out with the previous stig (Ben Collins). i think he was unhappy with the BBC as well.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hell, being that he's already outed himself as The Stig, "We'd like to introduce you to our tame racing driver, Ben Collins! They cal him The Collins (ominous music)"

Sevens

Log Wizard
Well, they don't have to name him "The Stig", but they could absolutely get an unnamed F1 racer to drive their test cars to their full potential.

They might not be allowed to dress him in a head to toe racing suit (white), and they definitely can't use the name Stig, but having a similar character isn't going to be that difficult.
True, but if they just "copy" the concept it seems cheap and unoriginal.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Im not meaning the person in the suit...hell theyve had many stigs. I was meaning the whole concept of 'The Stig"
Just that he was such a fun part of the show I hate to lose that.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Are these car makers like Ferrari, Bugatti etc..going to give them a car to test as easily as they do on the BBC? I'm sure the show will kick ass, but I'm going to guess there's a lot of cool stuff you can't do when you aren't associated with the BBC like drive to the north pole or drive a Ford off a Royal Marine Landing craft in a beach assault.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are these car makers like Ferrari, Bugatti etc..going to give them a car to test as easily as they do on the BBC? I'm sure the show will kick ass, but I'm going to guess there's a lot of cool stuff you can't do when you aren't associated with the BBC like drive to the north pole or drive a Ford off a Royal Marine Landing craft in a beach assault.
the BBC had no special sway on the north pole, the BBC had trouble in some places, such as near the falklands. i bet things would have gone smoother if it was a netflix special. as for the super cars. they will go where they get the most exposure, they dont owe the BBC anything. i think without the BBC tied to their ass things will become much freer for clarkson's new show.

Jovec

?
When TG switched cars they invited like 8-10 people to all set some times in the new car on the same day. Presumably they will have enough clout on the new show to do the same so that by the second show they at least have a few times already up for comparison.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When TG switched cars they invited like 8-10 people to all set some times in the new car on the same day. Presumably they will have enough clout on the new show to do the same so that by the second show they at least have a few times already up for comparison.
That's different than testing out the super cars.

rrr_img_101676.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I see nignig there, must be racism I'm sure Clarkson lost three weeks pay for that?

Leevonroy

Lord Nagafen Raider
the BBC had no special sway on the north pole, the BBC had trouble in some places, such as near the falklands. i bet things would have gone smoother if it was a netflix special. as for the super cars. they will go where they get the most exposure, they dont owe the BBC anything. i think without the BBC tied to their ass things will become much freer for clarkson's new show.
The get some of the vehicles from private owners. Like the 3 super car shoot out they were working on that never happened. One of them said we can just go to a certain BinLaden to get them if the manufactures don't want to play ball. Paraphrased of coarse.

spronk

FPS noob
been playing a lot of forza 5 and forza horizon 2 recently for some random reason and man i gotta say the top gear integration in forza 5 is fucking awesome. I just did a race on the top gear track in england, against a digital stig. was so awesome taking those turns, felt like i was doing a star in a car run. Its also great having all the clarkson/hammond/may voiceovers for cars, tracks, etc.

if you are a top gear fan you definitely should pick up an xbox one and forza 5. Hope they come back in the future for another forza game. digital versions on are sale this week on the xbox.com store too

Fadaar

That guy
Think I remember reading that they won't be back for Forza 6 sadly thanks to the whole cluster fuck with the show.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
They should do an opposite version of Stig. The whole reason Stig was silent is that "no one cares what racing drivers think of road cars, their opinions don't matter". So have a motormouth racing driver that just won't shut up about anything, and they just ignore 95% of what he says and talk over him all the time. Who that would be, I have no idea.

Grabbing Collins again would be a good idea.

Maybe you could have a "wheel of racing drivers", where you have a number of choices and you spin a wheel and it lands on one of them and that one goes out. Lots of opportunity for ethnic jokes here, since you could have all the drivers from different places, similar to the concept of Stig's "X" cousin.

Their new netflix show needs to hurry up and get here.

Fadaar

That guy
They should do an opposite version of Stig. The whole reason Stig was silent is that "no one cares what racing drivers think of road cars, their opinions don't matter". So have a motormouth racing driver that just won't shut up about anything, and they just ignore 95% of what he says and talk over him all the time. Who that would be, I have no idea.

Grabbing Collins again would be a good idea.

Maybe you could have a "wheel of racing drivers", where you have a number of choices and you spin a wheel and it lands on one of them and that one goes out. Lots of opportunity for ethnic jokes here, since you could have all the drivers from different places, similar to the concept of Stig's "X" cousin.

Their new netflix show needs to hurry up and get here.
I do believe you just described Tony Stewart, and I would be completely ok with that. In fact I think he'd be awesome on the show. Only issue is I can see him and Clarkson potentially killing each other.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I do believe you just described Tony Stewart, and I would be completely ok with that. In fact I think he'd be awesome on the show. Only issue is I can see him and Clarkson potentially killing each other.
Wouldn't be Tony's first time.