The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

spronk

FPS noob
prob belongs in the games forum, but i figure more car nuts here. so i'm having fun in forza 5 but having a problem with some cars. doing the 80s supercars classic tourney right now and have the lambo Countach LP5000 as my car. For every car up till now I'm kinda used to braking when going into a corner and my car will start drifting if I steer the other way, helping me speed through a corner.

The countach though is weird, when I brake I can't turn at all. I end up just going slower in a straight line, and until I release the brake the car won't turn at all. Why is this? I assume its some sort of better brake system on lambos, but its the first car so far I've had such a big difference.

The corvette was even worse in the opposite way, I felt like I was driving on ice - every time I slightly moved left or right my car would get out of control and just start sliding all over the place. Its cool each car has its own personality, but man it is getting frustrating as a shitty driver

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
prob belongs in the games forum, but i figure more car nuts here. so i'm having fun in forza 5 but having a problem with some cars. doing the 80s supercars classic tourney right now and have the lambo Countach LP5000 as my car. For every car up till now I'm kinda used to braking when going into a corner and my car will start drifting if I steer the other way, helping me speed through a corner.

The countach though is weird, when I brake I can't turn at all. I end up just going slower in a straight line, and until I release the brake the car won't turn at all. Why is this? I assume its some sort of better brake system on lambos, but its the first car so far I've had such a big difference.

The corvette was even worse in the opposite way, I felt like I was driving on ice - every time I slightly moved left or right my car would get out of control and just start sliding all over the place. Its cool each car has its own personality, but man it is getting frustrating as a shitty driver
First thing to remember from Top Gear, most lambo's are out to actively kill you because they were built by mad italians. They are also 4wd and had abs early on so it's likely a combination of those factors that is tripping you up. I don't recall anything in particular about them being hard to drive but mainly I always brake before turning since that's the optimal time.....should always brake down to the point you can hit the apex while coasting and then accelerate out and try to never be braking while turning

Fadaar

That guy
Oh shit! It's official finally. Nice. Does Amazon do episode dumps like Netflix does? A show like this I'd prefer in a weekly format to be honest.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks like they got some of the Top Gear crew with them.
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are reuniting to create an all-new car show, exclusively for Amazon Prime. The show will be produced by the trio's long time executive producer Andy Wilman. On working with Amazon, Jeremy Clarkson said "I feel like I've climbed out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship." The first show will go into production shortly and arrive exclusively on Amazon Prime in 2016.
Guess Who's Back is the name of the show?

spronk

FPS noob
wow i wonder why they went with amazon instead of netflix, kind of surprising. i thought netflix had a much bigger global reach, does amazon even sell shit in places like the middle east or asia

HUH_sl

shitlord
Prime streaming is available in like 5 countries? Netflix is around 60, BBC pushed Top Gear out to over 200.

My guess would be Amazon will license the show to TV networks in countries where their the streaming service isn't available.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea but it's probably a hot ticket item and I assume Amazon can just buy whatever they want at this point whereas Netflix was almost sunk a couple of years ago.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Much happier its on prime, haven't had Netflix in awhile and didn't really want it for basically just this show

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
wow i wonder why they went with amazon instead of netflix, kind of surprising. i thought netflix had a much bigger global reach, does amazon even sell shit in places like the middle east or asia
Money and the promise of a hands off production.

Producer Andy Wilman told Broadcast that it was the promise of a reported ?160 million budget that saw Clarkson and his crew join the streaming service.

This means the show will have a budget of around ?4.5m per episode, making it Amazon's biggest original content to date and one of the most expensive UK shows ever.
Clarkson, Hammond and Mays new Amazon series has a £160 million budget - one of the most expensive UK shows ever - Top Gear News - TV - Digital Spy

Jeremy getting fired is probably the best thing that could have happened to that show. This can turn out be fantastic TV. No holds barred production with no TV network (political correctness) to hold them back and a massive budget increase.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ill be happy if they can equal the bbc's quality and creativity. My worry is the lack of clout a show on amazon has over something from the bbc

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
4.5 Million pounds per episode!!

Holy shit, that's massive.

Thinking about it, they could nearly front up and buy a Porsche 918, LaFerrari and Mc P1 just for the purpose of doing the true 3 way test and as a big fuck you to the shit that those companies tried to pull earlier.

I know it's not that easy, but they actually could lay the money down

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They buy each of those cars using show money, have the "best one" race competition thing. Then they race all 3 against one another on their track where they ultimately destroy the cars, just like they have done previously in countless other episodes. That would be legendary.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Money doesn't matter, you can't even buy those cars unless the car maker lets you. They were going to just borrow the cars but then the car company's said anyone who let them do that would be blacklisted and never be allowed to buy another super car from them again.

They either get the car makers on board and in that case they'll get to test the cars for free. Or they find some rich fucks that don't give a shit about never owning the next super car from Mclaren.

spronk

FPS noob
Jeremy Clarksons Amazon deal worth incredible £10million a year with £4.5m budget for EACH SHOW - Mirror Online

Show budget on BBC was 500k pounds per episode, sometimes rising to 1m.

New amazon budget is going to be 4.5m pounds or 9x as much! Crazy.

Clarkson is getting 10m pounds a year (around 15m USD) from the new show, may and hammond will be getting almost as much so good payoffs for them. They were making substantially less on the BBC.

The show will be 12 episodes per year and is currently contracted for 3 years (36 episodes).

Really feels like Amazon heavily overpaid and will regret it, unless I am wrong and a ton of people are going to buy amazon prime just to see this show? I guess it'll be a good way to market into new countries, but in the places where Top Gear is super popular (Asia, Middle East) ... dunno

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's what I was thinking. It's not like the show was really lacking with a 500k budget. Even assuming there are some costs that the BBC can use to leverage the show to make it cheaper, it still wouldn't account for all of that.

I can't quite figure out what they'll be using that extra money on.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was assuming salary was included in the budget.
15 mil for jeremy
12 for may
12 for hammond
so 30 million dollars right there. figure about 2 million dollars per episode in production costs and there's your budget.