The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to assume they will make every episode like one of the big budget challenge episodes.

Or maybe they just have to flat out buy some of the cars now?

Whatever, fuck you guys we're getting more Top Gear!!!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
i was assuming salary was included in the budget.
15 mil for jeremy
12 for may
12 for hammond
so 30 million dollars right there. figure about 2 million dollars per episode in production costs and there's your budget.
Typically when a studio announces a budget, it includes all pricing for a job. All movies do the same thing. You have to include the stars pay in their total budget.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I have to assume they will make every episode like one of the big budget challenge episodes.

Or maybe they just have to flat out buy some of the cars now?

Whatever, fuck you guys we're getting more Top Gear!!!
For hardcore fans - watch the show as it airs on Amazon.

For the fans - watch the show 1 season behind on blu-ray / wherever Amazon sells it off to.

For the rest - torrents

Highly doubt that Amazon will only allow streaming from their site for more than 6 months to a year before they start selling it off to TV networks similar to the old show. With a budget like this, they can also do several spectacular 2hour specials a year that each can be sold separately.

Considering Top Gear still gets high views from several year old re-runs, I think Amazon will make money in the long run for this.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jeremy Clarkson
?@JeremyClarkson

With a skeleton crew, filming for Amazon Prime's new motoring programme has begun.
CQuxDyjWoAEQpwB.jpg:large

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Not only are they back, but the 3 hybrid supercars lined up at a track?!

rrr_img_112250.jpg

Is the first episode here yet?

Fadaar

That guy
Um, are those the 3 cars they never got permission to go head to head?
Yes, yes they are! Would be a hell of a first episode if they do it. Not surprising in the slightest who's with what car. May with the Ferrari and Hammond with the Porsche? No way!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes, yes they are! Would be a hell of a first episode if they do it. Not surprising in the slightest who's with what car. May with the Ferrari and Hammond with the Porsche? No way!
hammond is a porsche fanboi. and if they really get to race those hypercars, the event might just break the internet. at least provide the final nail in the coffin that is top gear.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not only are they back, but the 3 hybrid supercars lined up at a track?!

Is the first episode here yet?
This is really smart of them. One reason they never had permission to drive them together on Top Gear is that timed laps would reveal which one is top. With a race, the loser cars can very, very easily take cover behind the driver's abilities.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Fixed the thread, can't wait for this and their gigantor budget.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They sound like either troll names or spoof names of something they are working on for the show.
I expect the official name will reflect the topic of the show as well as to let you know clarkson, hammond and may have a new show. I think something like " how hard could it be?" Is a good example though its not descriptive of a show's genre.

Im sure we could come up with some fun titles

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My vote is for "the series of challenges" every time I hear the word challenge on top gear I know shit is about to get even more entertaining.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Topper Gear

also this thread title sucks. If you're never going to do anything with your mod powers at least do something funny when you finally use them.