The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's cool doing a "special" here and there, but this new format blows. I much prefer the car reviews, laps, news, etc.

I'm trying to find, but there was an article recently where apparently a lot of fans want the old bits back. The Tent, The Eboladrome, etc...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
their guests suck ass, they cant have an audience now anyway with most western countries going into full totalitarianism. the "specials" are the most fun because you get our guys doing adventures. fuck it. this boat trip was a lot of fun and very funny. though i'm not into boats and would have preferred car stuff. and they already did a Vietnam special. on the road.
i couldnt tell if they were using "climate change" as a dogwhistle for China causing trouble in the east.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hahaha. Chuk, did you just catch the boat special and think it was the newest one? Ooof. Nice hang time bud.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
their guests suck ass, they cant have an audience now anyway with most western countries going into full totalitarianism. the "specials" are the most fun because you get our guys doing adventures. fuck it. this boat trip was a lot of fun and very funny. though i'm not into boats and would have preferred car stuff. and they already did a Vietnam special. on the road.
i couldnt tell if they were using "climate change" as a dogwhistle for China causing trouble in the east.

Classic Astro, never change dude.

The specials are fine once in a while, but they seem vastly more scripted and I honestly miss the car reviews. There's a couple "sleeper" cars I'd likely have never even heard about unless they reviewed them.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Is it worth watching the original Top Gear with these guys? I never really watched them before Amazon Prime lol

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I get the tank track idea but holy shit it went bad for him, would have rather seen Hammond being hammond in a ridiculous pickup truck turned into a lifted beast.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Is it worth watching the original Top Gear with these guys? I never really watched them before Amazon Prime lol

The early shows aren't that great (unless you are very into cars) but once it became popular and the BBC gave it a larger budget it gets very good. There's some funny specials and lots of episodes where they race across part of Europe or whatever. Some episodes are about specific cars and car companies, mostly supercars etc but Clarkson and co have plenty of time for more affordable cars too which is nice.

If you like cars it's worth watching as they drive lots of stuff that is rare/classic/ultra expensive. If you don't like cars then stick to the specials and youtube the funnier clips from the races and challenges from the regular show.

Someone compiled a list of the best episodes - it seems to contain lots of the more memorable moments.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Favorite episode to date is the one where they build camper conversions and Clarkson builds a square "3 story" tower.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Favorite episode to date is the one where they build camper conversions and Clarkson builds a square "3 story" tower.

is that the one where one of theirs gets rolled off a cliff into the ocean? shit fuckin cracks me up every time

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I honestly thought that they were going to inadvertently kill each other in this, or accidentally kill themselves