The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its not coincidence that they usually start off or end a season with a new #1 lap time. could care less, i usually skip their b grade celebs anyway and go right to the laps

Sean_sl

shitlord
Awesome episode. The sheer amount of pure suffering that James May went through on the boat and how much Clarkson abused the fuck out of the rental cars was hilarious.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was really hoping they'd have Jeremy use all his insurance claim cards=P

Great episode. And by far the best level of celebrities on one of their new reasonably priced car track days. I actually recognized almost all of them without any need for them to give names. All except the dude from Genesis and the chick Jeremy liked.

Jimmy Carr fucking rules BTW. When he asked Warwick Davis if he could pick "stuff" up, because he didn't know what superpowers his people had. And Warwick and Hammond's bread chairlift system...Jesus. I was stunned how good his time was.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah great damned episode, the rachel chick was a lot hotter than the younger blonde. that warrick davis line had me rolling. and even he fucked with hammond, i guess he didnt like his pringles clutch. lol.
im so happy this show is back, best damned show on the BBC and probably the best comedy on tv since the 90s

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's nothing better as background TV than a good Top Gear marathon. Right now I have BBCA on and it's the episode where they make their own TV show intro built around the Jensen Interceptor. Jeremy's intro of why it maybe never had it's own show...

"It looks fantastic...but it was built very badly by people who didn't seem to care what they were doing."

There's just no show that uses words so effectively and efficiently.

"In the old car the big Chrysler engine turned petrol in to noise, but very little power was produced on the way"

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
One thing Jeremy said keeps cracking me up, it's from a few seasons ago.

Where he makes this dumb face with a stupid smirk and goes on and on about how apologetic you can be because you drive a Jaaaaaaaaaaag.

Fadaar

That guy
Haha yeah it reminds me a lot of Ron White talking about one of his relatives obsession with Mercedes Benz.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
It really rustles my jimmies that BBCA can't be bothered to put accurate air dates on Top Gear episodes. I set my DVR to record new episodes only and I get tons of shit from 5 years ago constantly clogging things up. I had to delete the timer and haven't watched the last couple seasons because of it. Eventually I'll catch up I'm sure but its more effort than should be required.

Fadaar

That guy
It really rustles my jimmies that BBCA can't be bothered to put accurate air dates on Top Gear episodes. I set my DVR to record new episodes only and I get tons of shit from 5 years ago constantly clogging things up. I had to delete the timer and haven't watched the last couple seasons because of it. Eventually I'll catch up I'm sure but its more effort than should be required.
You're better off torrenting episodes anyway, BBCA cuts the episodes down to fit an hour time slot with commercials where the actual episodes are ~60 minutes runtime

Sean_sl

shitlord
You're better off torrenting episodes anyway, BBCA cuts the episodes down to fit an hour time slot with commercials where the actual episodes are ~60 minutes runtime
I cannot imagine wanting to miss a single second of this show. Definitely go with torrenting.

matsb84

Don't think that's correct. The last few seasons on bbca have been 90min long, unless that's changed for this season. I know they have chopped up the 90min specials to fit 60min though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yep so a 80ish minute top special is reduced to 40ish minutes in the usa. in other words. never watch a top gear episode on BBCA unless you have already seen it uncut on the net.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
i timed the last seasons episodes to see what was cut, I think i mentioned it on page 1 or 2. usually 7-10 minutes of stuff. some good cuts, some poor cuts

It was a big leap from cutting out 30/40 minutes of episode before 2012. back then, you need to torrent the episodes to fully enjoy them. I think they started to air recuts of some older episodes to make them fuller, not sure if thats true though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If it was 1 hour with commercials, that means it was roughly 42 minutes without.

However, the "real" Vietnam special ran ~75 minutes long (without commercials). Just so you know.

EDIT: Ok, That special is actually Season 12, Episode 08. My rip is 1:13:36 without commercials.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you're not torrenting these episodes (or you live in Englandland); you're doing it wrong.
biggrin.png

foddon

Yeah, I need to go ahead and download the last couple of seasons. A lot of catching up to do.