Not Blind to the Injustices of the World
- 36d 19h 59m
I've signed up for the no call list, and it helped a little. Now I only get 6 to 8 calls a week instead of a full VM and 20+ bullshit calls.In the last year, myself and almost everyone i've asked has been getting telemarketing calls on a daily basis, on every phone number we have. I have three numbers, one of which is a Google Voice number that I've never given out to anyone, and occasionally I still get a telemarketing voicemail left on it, which is at least a little entertaining because google's talk-to-text butchers it.
1. The source number is always spoofed, usually to look like a local number (area code + prefix are the same as my numbers about 30% of the time i'd say).
2. The source number is always different, so blocking numbers is not an option.
3. Being on the national do-not-call list doesn't help.
4. Asking that they kindly add you to their do-not-call list doesn't help.
5. Not answering doesn't help either, I went at least a few months without answering a single phone call except from people I knew and they still keep calling, every day.
6. You can't ignore them, you can't ask them to stop, they don't honor the national do-not-call list.
Lately, it's all robo calls initially: "press 1 to buy a new Toaster, press 2 to be put on our do-not-call list", etc. I've used the prompt to add my number to their do-not-call list so many times i've lost track, which immediately hangs up on you but nothing else. I've purposely pushed 1 or whatever in hopes of talking to someone, and then telling them to never call me again, but nothing seems to stop these jackasses. At best, you start getting calls selling you some other bullshit, usually something with warranties or vacations.
So i'm curious how many of you are in the same boat, and if you know of a sure-fire way to stop the constant calls.