The Hateful Eight

spronk

FPS noob
sucks for Tarantino, no way am i sitting in a theater for 3 hours if I can watch this at home

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm a big Tarintano fan boy so my review is biased for sure.

Loved the Film, very Kurosawa.

Really wished I would have waited for the 70 mm treatment because the way the film is set up everything is supposed to surround you.

Definatelly going again when it is released, have to support my boy.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was weird when Channing Tatum showed up, had no clue he was in this for some reason

Column_sl

shitlord
Please put that under a spoiler. It doesn't matter if he is in the cast list, most people will be like yourself and not even notice.

his character is so pivotal to the twist, I'm not sure why you would even think it was ok to mention his name in a thread where people are watching the movie early

Homsar

He has been on talk shows promoting this shit so not sure why its a big deal, fuck he is listed in the credits before the movie starts and you are bitching about it being a spoiler

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Good film, agree it would have been better to see on a big screen (dunno if any 70mm near here) but I'm not sure it would have been worth paying for. Bit too long to have enjoyed being in the cinema that long

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The entire plot was taken from an episode of an old TV western called The Rebel. Don't watch it unless you have seen the movie though cause it follows the plot pretty damn close.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really liked it, just as good as any of his other films.

And holy fuck that speech in the middle by Sam Jackson, haven't laughed that hard at a flick in a while.

and Chester Charles Smithers SUCKED on that warm black dingus for looooooooooong as he could!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
One of Tarantino's better films. Well worth the wait.

I can't wait for the backlash over the JJL abuse. I loved it. She was great.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thought it was a solid cut below the rest of his stuff, but I still loved it.

Homsar

I never read the original leaked script, how much is changed between the 2

Homsar

After going through all the screeners leaked this is the most enjoyable for me. I put it equal two IG or Django.

As for Screeners, Revenant was long and boring for me a lot of the time which is odd since the Hateful 8 has a longer run time at 3 hours and I never noticed. Creed was up there with H8, still need to watch Jobs and Heart of the Sea.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Watch Sicario too - well worth it.

I just finished Hateful Eight. really enjoyed it but I do think it could have been edited down a good 15-20 minutes. It was a nice song, but did we really need the guitar solo?

Bout to start watching Legend.... There really needs to be a catchy name for this, like the Fappening, except with movies.....

spronk

FPS noob
Loved it, definitely worth a watch. I didn't have any problems with the video quality, looked good on the TV. 90% of the movie is in the Haberdashery Inn or the snow/forest so I don't think the video quality is really super important anyways. The 3 hours definitely flew by, but I'm glad I watched it at home since I took a few small breaks and it was nice drinking some spiked eggnog to go along with the winter theme.

I'd definitely put this somewhere in 3-5 in my ranked Tarantino list, the actors were all just perfect as was the script and I loved the setting / themes of the movie. The only real thing annoying to me was Tarantino doing some of the chapter narrations, his voice is nasally and immersion breaking.

Homsar

I forgot that it was a long movie, so when it ended and I saw the run time being 3h+ that says something. All of the actors did a fantastic job and Kurt Russel making a comeback lately with Fast and Furious, Hateful Eight and Bone Tomahawk is cool

Jackson laughing going crazy was hilarious, it was also awesome seeing Walton Goggins on screen in a big time movie the entire time. Really wanted some random character to survive but that isnt really QT style