The Hateful Eight

Column_sl

shitlord
Ugh, would have killed to go to that.

I love stage plays, god damn that must have been awesome.
They should have filmed the live version. =(

Goatface

No Go, Tarantino: Judge Dismisses Hateful Eight' Lawsuit Against Gawker
A federal district court judge has dismissed Tarantino's suit against Gawker Media. Following the script's leak back in January, Tarantino sued Gawker -- asserting that the online publication had "crossed the journalistic line" and violated copyright law by publishing the script without permission. Gawker maintained that linking to the script was "fair use," as it pertained to their report on Tarantino's reaction to the leak.

In court documents quoted by TheWrap, the judge points out that Tarantino's suit is based on speculation and does not establish the facts. He writes, "Plaintiff's Complaint fails to allege the identity of a single third-party infringer, the date, the time, or the details of a single instance of third-party infringement, or, more importantly, how Defendant [Gawker] allegedly caused, induced, or materially contributed to the infringement by those third parties."

In spite of dismissing the case, the judge provided Tarantino with the opportunity to file an amendment to his suit, to be submitted by May 1. Given the fanfare surrounding Film Independent's live reading of "Hateful Eight," however, as well as the promise Tarantino made to the crowd about working on additional drafts of the script, it is truly a toss up as to whether or not he will file the amendment.

Havelock_sl

shitlord
No Go, Tarantino: Judge Dismisses Hateful Eight' Lawsuit Against Gawker
This isn't a big deal, he'll just file an amended complaint with the additional specificity. This ought to be a slam-dunk case for Tarantino. Knowingly linking to an infringing work is a no-no. Trying to say that linking to the script is fair use is novel but not very plausible. It's not like they excerpted the work, they straight up pointed people to the flagrantly-infringing material for a commercial purpose (i.e., boosting traffic to Gawker). Copyright law is serious business and the law in America leans heavily to the side of the copyright holder. Unless Tarantino decides to give up on the case, Gawker is going to lose.

Fedor

<Banned>
ecf3661d25d00bcadffd3e94690bb6d8.5837.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Who is the dude tha looks like Bruce Cambell with his feet up?

Oh nm, probably Cristoph Waltz. He is great but for a second I got excited thinking Tarantino was about to do it up with Campbell's career.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Where is Christoph Waltz? He's not listed as any of the main characters... Interest level plummets. He's such a good actor.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I could swear I have seen that teaser before.
The article said this trailer was released with Sin City originally. The only news here is that it's officially available online.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Tarantino needs to put Sam Jackson out to pasture. I loved him in pulp fiction, but he's kind of become a parody of himself now.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Tarantino needs to put Sam Jackson out to pasture. I loved him in pulp fiction, but he's kind of become a parody of himself now.
Yeah, dude kind of killed it for me with his repeated appearance in Capital One commercials.