The Haunting of Hill House

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
4.38 star(s) Rating: 4.38/5 8 Votes
Title: The Haunting of Hill House

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2018-10-12

Creator: Mike Flanagan

Cast: Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton, Kate Siegel, Henry Thomas, Lulu Wilson, Elizabeth Reaser

Overview: Four people spending a summer in a rented mansion soon begin to experience a wide range of supernatural phenomena. A modern re-imagining of Shirley Jackson’s novel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Has anyone seen the previews? This looks like it could be absolutely fantastic, or a complete bust - but I am glad it is getting released. American Horror has turned into a shit show.

And it has Carla Gugino in it... So.... Yeah.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i thought the title was the Haunting of Hank Hill and got super excited

Pretty badass trailer though, and Carla Gugino looks hot as ever

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh sweet it's out today! (Cannot believe it is October 12th already)

Will be firing this up tonight for sure.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching it now. on ep2. Its fairly slow. VERY much reminiscent of IT.

A TON of melodrama around adult siblings and their troubled lives now, while flashing back to their brief childhood time at Hill house, while their parents tried remodel and sell it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That's a good thing I think. I like slower burn horror because everything now days doesn't even have any build up at all and these millenials think a cat jumping out of a closet is scary as long as it happens in the first 3 minutes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Three episodes in and really digging it so far. Caliane Caliane 's "It" reference was pretty apt. Good plot device for stretching the story out. Definitely some cheese going on, but it's forgivable all things considered. AHS wishes it had the tone and atmosphere this show has. Still plenty of time left for things to go completely off the rails, but so far this is exceeding my expectations.

I wouldn't spend one night in that house without seeing what was behind that red door. Would of kicked that shit right off the hinges, especially since they are redoing the house anyway.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Fucking epic. I love this series. Just watched four episodes straight with my wife and she even stayed awake.

At first I am like what the fuck? It was hard to follow and all of a sudden it was easy to gain focus on their adult characters and them as kids.

Some what the fuck moments too. And some awesome spooky ghost I have never seen before which was very original.

Top notch. Cannot wait to watch more but I have to be in bed early and cannot be hungover tomorrow because we are going to an air supply concert lol. (That will be scarier than anything).

• 2Solidarity

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Three episodes in and really digging it so far. Caliane Caliane 's "It" reference was pretty apt. Good plot device for stretching the story out. Definitely some cheese going on, but it's forgivable all things considered. AHS wishes it had the tone and atmosphere this show has. Still plenty of time left for things to go completely off the rails, but so far this is exceeding my expectations.

I wouldn't spend one night in that house without seeing what was behind that red door. Would of kicked that shit right off the hinges, especially since they are redoing the house anyway.
yeah. I should have also mentioned just how much it time skips. Like. ALOT ALOT. Not just Adults-children either. The adult timeline is spread over 2 years, with focus on alike a 2 week? period or so. And it bounces around that period as well. And does it while focusing on the timeline from one characters perspective.
people that despise non-linear storytelling might hate it.

im not quite done either. im on epi5 now. and, checking... oh wow 10 episodes. jeeze this is long.
yeah, whole house is kindof absurdly creepy. lol. I feel the biggest "plot hole" so far is the mom giving Theo the gloves. They establish fairly early on, that the mom 100% believes SHE has psychic powers, her mom had psychic powers, and pretty much all her kids have psychic powers. so much as to give Theo gloves to dull the connection and let her touch things. ... why the fuck are they constantly ignoring the kids saying they are seeing shit? oh, you didnt see anything in the cellar, and the cellar is probably just a crawlspace. its not on the map. yo. dumbwaiters don't go to fucking crawlspaces.. didnt even need to be psychic for that one.

Last edited:

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only 4 episodes in and I like it so far. With what those kids went through is it any surprise how messed up they are as adults?

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Old lady and I Netflix and chilled today and we binged this. Normally these can be very corny but I have to say I really liked this one. The characters were believable and the story was good. For a horror series I would definitely recommend watching this. 8/10

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
binged this yesterday - it was good for a suspense TV show but dont expect much traditional horror. you'll see some ghosts and some eerie shit but its pretty rare and its pretty low on scares. its a good family suspense drama though and i thought the ending was really excellent and different from what i expected.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database