The help finding products thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm looking for a grommet like this one.

MnxNlkL.jpg

It needs to be big enough to fit a large (2"x1" rectangular) connector through and the more heavy duty the better. So far the only websites I have found with them are a german one where you have to call to request a quote (meaning they don't want to sell just one) and a Chinese site that every other word is misspelled on. I have seen stuff like this in custom PCs and wire management so surely they are available somewhere?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Grainger has like 150 different round grommets, but nothing like this that I can find.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I'm looking for a grommet like this one.

MnxNlkL.jpg

It needs to be big enough to fit a large (2"x1" rectangular) connector through and the more heavy duty the better. So far the only websites I have found with them are a german one where you have to call to request a quote (meaning they don't want to sell just one) and a Chinese site that every other word is misspelled on. I have seen stuff like this in custom PCs and wire management so surely they are available somewhere?
Maybe herehttp://www.mcmaster.com/#push-in-grommets/=pslm4m

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Thanks. It needs to be rubber. It's to go into a panel on the back of my flatbed pickup truck and I don't think those plastic desk things are going to hold up. I'm sort of rethinking the whole thing. Somehow I need this connector:

lO4sUsi.jpg

With a couple of 4 guage wires coming out of it hanging out of the front of my flat bed. There is a panel there that I can cut holes in, but there are electronics behind it so I want to keep the majority of the weather out of there if I can. It's not super sensitive, but it doesn't need a lot of rain and snow on it.

I'm thinking now of going with something like this:

710VLNeQr5L._SL1500_.jpg

This would make it more difficult to remove the panel, and I would have to disassemble the connector when I wanted to stow the cable inside the panel for the summer, but at least it would be waterproof. Also it would be quite a bit easier to cut the holes since they would be smaller and I could do it with the drill press.