The help finding products thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm looking for a grommet like this one.

MnxNlkL.jpg

It needs to be big enough to fit a large (2"x1" rectangular) connector through and the more heavy duty the better. So far the only websites I have found with them are a german one where you have to call to request a quote (meaning they don't want to sell just one) and a Chinese site that every other word is misspelled on. I have seen stuff like this in custom PCs and wire management so surely they are available somewhere?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Grainger has like 150 different round grommets, but nothing like this that I can find.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I'm looking for a grommet like this one.

MnxNlkL.jpg

It needs to be big enough to fit a large (2"x1" rectangular) connector through and the more heavy duty the better. So far the only websites I have found with them are a german one where you have to call to request a quote (meaning they don't want to sell just one) and a Chinese site that every other word is misspelled on. I have seen stuff like this in custom PCs and wire management so surely they are available somewhere?
Maybe herehttp://www.mcmaster.com/#push-in-grommets/=pslm4m

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Thanks. It needs to be rubber. It's to go into a panel on the back of my flatbed pickup truck and I don't think those plastic desk things are going to hold up. I'm sort of rethinking the whole thing. Somehow I need this connector:

lO4sUsi.jpg

With a couple of 4 guage wires coming out of it hanging out of the front of my flat bed. There is a panel there that I can cut holes in, but there are electronics behind it so I want to keep the majority of the weather out of there if I can. It's not super sensitive, but it doesn't need a lot of rain and snow on it.

I'm thinking now of going with something like this:

710VLNeQr5L._SL1500_.jpg

This would make it more difficult to remove the panel, and I would have to disassemble the connector when I wanted to stow the cable inside the panel for the summer, but at least it would be waterproof. Also it would be quite a bit easier to cut the holes since they would be smaller and I could do it with the drill press.