The Hobbit

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just hope Jackson dosen't just start making shit up for the sake of filling 3 movies. There were scenes in LOTR where I was floored, Like when Liv Tyler stopped the river and saved the hobbits?.....

A quote from wiki "In Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, Arwen is played by Liv Tyler, and the film invents many scenes featuring her"

FUCK THAT.

To me it's comparable to "iv'e just finished reading the bible can't wait to see the movie"..... And then moses, full of Gods wisdom and power summons a unicorn with big sharp pointy teeth that shall claw through the Egyptians......

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
To this day I fast forward the Liv Tyler scene. It's not even that they changed it from the book, it's that she is just so excruciatingly bad at delivering bad ass lines.

"What's this, a Ranger off his guard?"

"Come and claim him!"

Have to be the two most obtuse and nails-on-chalkboard bad lines in the whole film, by far. They were worse than Legolas' snow board ride, even.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
To this day I fast forward the Liv Tyler scene. It's not even that they changed it from the book, it's that she is just so excruciatingly bad at delivering bad ass lines.

"What's this, a Ranger off his guard?"

"Come and claim him!"

Have to be the two most obtuse and nails-on-chalkboard bad lines in the whole film, by far. They were worse than Legolas' snow board ride, even.
I haven't seen these in forever. But we always laughed at basically anything Legolas said, because we seemed to always just say shit that was already on the screen. <Looks at sun rising> Legolas: "A red sun rises." .. Thanks.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Legolas to be shoehorned into the Hobbit films

First Photo of Legolas and Bard in The Hobbit

The picture features Legolas (obviously) on the right, and Bard the Bowman (Luke Evans) on the left. So ? just a couple of bowmen, hanging out, talking about bows and arrows and that kind of thing.

Fans of J.R.R. Tolkien?s The Hobbit know that Bard will be a key player in the next two Hobbit films (The Desolation of Smaug and There and Back Again). It?s still unclear how large Legolas? role will be in the films, though it has been described as being ?more than a cameo? ? whatever that means.

Peter Jackson explained the reason behind including Legolas in the Hobbit film (films?), saying:

?He?s [elven king] Thranduil?s son, and Thranduil is one of the characters in ?The Hobbit,? and because elves are immortal, it makes sense Legolas would be part of the sequence in the Woodland Realm.?
First-Photo-of-Legolas-and-Bard-in-The-Hobbit-570x380.jpg

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's what I mean. Throwing shit in for no reason, just to sell tickets. Oh well 5 days to be the judge

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was expecting him to be in there. whether we like it or not. orlando bloom as legolas is in these movies to get the young teenage girls in the theater.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't think Legolas in the Hobbit is even a retcon. I seem to remember in Fellowship (the book), there being a paragraph or something in Rivendell where Legolas is talking to Bilbo and says something like, "Ah, so you're the one. We suspected you were around, but never saw you."

Faiona_sl

shitlord
Does anyone know if this 'higher frame rate' thing is going to make the movie look like those crappy TVs you see at the store...where it makes it look like its a home video (don't really know how else to describe it lol)? I want to see it in 3D but I'm afraid its going to look like that and be completely distracting.
frown.png

frown.png

frown.png

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone know if this 'higher frame rate' thing is going to make the movie look like those crappy TVs you see at the store...where it makes it look like its a home video (don't really know how else to describe it lol)? I want to see it in 3D but I'm afraid its going to look like that and be completely distracting.
frown.png
Every review I have read has stated so. One even compared it to the teletubbies.

frown.png

frown.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm glad I bought tickets for the 48fps version........fuck.

iannis

Musty Nester
Why is he even doing that? Cinematography was a great part of the success of those first 3 movies. So he's using a format now that will make half of his theatrical release and his video sales look like ass -- because film nerds?

I don't get it.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Peter Jackson is a Hipster, that skinny fat dirt bag. Still betting this movie kicks ass even if he tries to destroy it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Im willing to give it a shot. I could do without the 3d though. After 100 years of movies filmed the same way I would like to see something new added even if its fail.

Xalara

Golden Squire
The only reason films haven't been at higher frame rates is due to the technical limitations of film. Now that those limitations no longer exist why should we stick with 24 FPS? Imagine if we were talking about staying with a lower frame rate for the newest video games. Really it comes down to what you're used to, people associate high frame rate with "low quality" and low frame rate with "high quality". Basically people resist change even if it's good. In this case the change is good you're just going to have to get used to it.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, but the reviews are that it actually looks worse. That matters in a visual/artistic medium. It's really an aesthetic argument.

Maybe it's overblown, I'll see for myself. Hopefully you're right!

Edit: Did braveheart use 48 in parts? Because if it did then yeah... it's overblown. I don't remember anything at all sticking out about braveheart visually in a bad way.