The Hobbit

Golt_sl

shitlord
Can't wait to see this, really looking forward to it. I'm hoping the 48 FPS thing is kinda overblown and looks fine. On another note, hope Ian Mckellen stays healthy, dude is awesome. Do they have to reshoot more scenes now that they extended the movies to 3 instead of 2?

cosmic_cs_sl

shitlord
Wait, so the verdict is that the movie itself is very good, but the framerate makes it less enjoyable? Or are both the movie and the framerate bad?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone see it in HFR3d and Dolby ATMOS? We have a theater here with both, not even super interested in the Hobbit, just got roped into going with friends for the spectacle of the midnight release + spiffy theater tech. Read good and bad about HFR3D, looking forward to seeing it myself.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm definitely seeing it on Friday in 3D. I can not wait much longer, I'm too excited. I need more goblins and dwarves in my life. I've watched all 3 LOTR movies in the last few days getting ready, and now the trailer has been on repeat. I'm a huge Tolkien fanboy and am more excited than I should be.

Your eyes process motion around 24fps so I dunno why a higher frame rate is having a negative effect on them.
If that was the case it would be impossible to tell to difference between 24 FPS and 60 FPS in a video game and those 60-120hz televisions would look no different. 24 FPS is just an old standard that requires motion blurring or interlacing to convey smooth animated movement, but even still fast moving objects can look choppy on screen.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Nm my question what the theater near me was doing was only offering 3d tickets on their pre-sales cause they suck

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I believe the 48fps version is only in 3D and any non-3d version will not be 48fps. I could be wrong though.

Feien

Ploppers
I believe the 48fps version is only in 3D and any non-3d version will not be 48fps. I could be wrong though.
You are correct, and if someone is doing a projection of 48fps 2D, it's not what the director or even the studio intended, that would be the theater trying to rip you off

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Ok, question. Will EVERY 3d version of this be 48fps, or will there be:

- 48 fps 3d
- 24 fps 3d
and
- 24 fps 2d

?

As much as I am wearing of this 48fps, I'd like to at least watch it in that mode. I imagine it will be impossible to use 48fps on my bluray, etc.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Ahh, got it. Thank you!

edit: Damn, two hours away... Can't justify two hour drive each way for The Hobbit.
smile.png

smile.png