The Hobbit

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
looks like they stuck with the cartoony over the top action sequences that made the first so ridiculous

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They must be staying true to the Rankin/Bass film then cause that Smaug was a giant fire breathing cat with a giraffe neck.
Shut your whore mouth! Rankin & Bass Smaug was awesome and that's how he should be portrayed here.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i like how jaded we have all become about movies "action looks not real enough, dragon looks bad, CGI is terrible" Personally im just happy that big budget fantasy movies are being made. I enjoyed the first one as i went in expecting something light hearted with a few serious things thrown in like the necromancer, and im sure this one will be just as good.

not a dig at anyone but look at most of the threads in the movie house and we usually see the same thing "bad cgi, cartoony critters, action doesn't work like that".

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought the first left a lot to be desired but I was also probably holding it up to the LotR trilogy too much. Knowing now the tone to expect and seeing all the characters again in that trailer I think this one looks like it could be pretty fun. I didn't think the dragon lookedthatbad, not sure what people were expecting it to look like though.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Also looks like they have the elves catching the dwarves as they escape and chasing them, in the books they make it out without any fanfare in sealed barrels.

Sterling

El Presidente
The thing with these movies is that they get held to a very high standard since the LotR movies were so good. Being kind of mediocre or average is very disappointing. Really hope that this is decent but that trailer wasn't particularly impressive.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Too many dragon experts in this thread!!

Gotta say though I am getting negative impressions from the trailer. The riding down the river rapids in barrels and swishing at stuff with you sword has a 'Dragons' Lair' feel to it.

rrr_img_30443.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Too many dragon experts in this thread!!

Gotta say though I am getting negative impressions from the trailer. The riding down the river rapids in barrels and swishing at stuff with you sword has a 'Dragons' Lair' feel to it.

rrr_img_30443.jpg
But that mostly happened in the books, or something similar (been awhile), so who copied who?

I thought the trailer was lackluster, and I feel like the 2nd movie is going to be a bit slow as was the Two Towers. Still excited and still will see it opening day.

Also... would slam Evangeline Lily with the angry fist of one thousand dragons and ejaculate her body back into the stone age. So I am pumped to see her.