The Hobbit

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the trailer was lackluster, and I feel like the 2nd movie is going to be a bit slow as was the Two Towers. Still excited and still will see it opening day.
Based on what scenes from the book they showed in the trailer, we should see plenty of action in the second movie.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
These action scenes give me the same feeling that i got during the scene in die hard where he's running from a harrier jet in an ice cream truck. Just /wtf.

Szlia

Smaug looks a bit like a puppet, but somehow, even if I did not like the first movie,the trailer does a decent job at making me want to see this one.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Why is Legolas in this new movie though, and it appears they add the elf woman as a love interest for him because we need that love story demographic. Shit baffles me, but I guess if you want to drag it out over 3 movies you need to add in hollywood bullshit to stretch it out.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
i haven't seen the hobbit yet. probably will at some point. i'm one of those dickheads that thinks tolkien's shit don't stink to point that the LOTR movies, while entertaining, are like three knives to my soul. i loved them, but they don't compare to the real vibe.

i saw half the trailer for the first hobbit movie when it came out and didn't watch the rest. i saw the new trailer yesterday and it looks a bit better. still bullshitty, but cool i guess. should've been one movie.

for the record, rankin & bass was the shit!
and so was dune!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Why is Legolas in this new movie though, and it appears they add the elf woman as a love interest for him because we need that love story demographic. Shit baffles me, but I guess if you want to drag it out over 3 movies you need to add in hollywood bullshit to stretch it out.
From the start they have openly said they added alot of content to tell more of the story. The entirety of the Necromancer saga is not in the Hobbit, but is great material.

Basically they took the Hobbit, and added a ton of other Material from Tolkien, and some of their own, to make a 3 movie set. Kind of a cash grab but Im happy to get the bonus material.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm happy to get GOOD bonus material (i.e everything that happened "behind the scenes", so to speak, in the book). I'm not happy we get to see Legolas woo Kate from Lost.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The second movie will probably end with Smaugs demise, in which case it should be a pretty entertaining flick with TONS of story to get through.

The third movie I suspect will focus on the battle of the five armies which the Hobbit book simply skips over entirely due to Bilbo being knocked unconscious.

They will need to add a lot more extra stuff in the third movie. Seems like a pretty good plan overall.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The second movie will probably end with Smaugs demise, in which case it should be a pretty entertaining flick with TONS of story to get through.

The third movie I suspect will focus on the battle of the five armies which the Hobbit book simply skips over entirely due to Bilbo being knocked unconscious.

They will need to add a lot more extra stuff in the third movie. Seems like a pretty good plan overall.
The 2nd will also continue with the Necromancer story. My guess is they do some more research etc and at the end after smaug dies reveal it is sauron. Then the 3rd movie will be defeating Sauron and the 5 armies battle plus wrap up.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Don't see it if LOTR were knives to your soul.. I think the book was better than part 1/3
the stuff i don't like are the hollywood bits, deviations and all that, but admittedly those are minor gripes. the movies are really top notch, great casting, great visuals, great everything overall.

i heard the necromancer part in the first bilbo movie was rather good while the rest sucked.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Pfft, we all know which Lostaway Legolas would pick.

josh_holloway_99.jpg

And these movies are like a Mel Brooks parody of LOTR. Which is faithful to the children's novel origins, but damn confusing for those that think that it's supposed to be a LOTR prequel.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I remember getting pissed about this when reading the book as a kid, getting ready for this god dam epic battle,

end of book spoiler
then bam it's already fucking over and to top it off Thorin is dead.

Siliconemelons

Is it me or is legolas in the trailer twice and in one of those times he is his character from pirates of the caribbean?