The Hobbit

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed it but not as much as the first, the dragon made the movie, I will agree with some of the nitpicking, but it's a fantasy movie so some bs is expected. To those who have their panties in a bunch because a 9 hour movie is not word for word from a 300 page book, what the fuck did you expect? No shit they added stuff, and good on them, we crave more content from our favourite stories. Enjoy it for what it is, not what you want it to be.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
so you think the movie was good just because they had the exact same special effects in a movie that jurassic park had 20 years prior. interesting...
You're right.... some things are just not worth changing.
tongue.png

rrr_img_55192.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I liked it. But I found the confrontation between Bilbo and Smaug disappointing. I'm a huge fan and have read the books like a hundred times. It was the first book I ever really owned that was my book and not something of my dad's. To me when rereading The Hobbit, the point where Bilbo and Smaug meet is really the high point, it is so awesome. In the movie it seemed really clumsy, and the enhanced role of the dwarves was kind of gay. If I hadn't read the book or at least hadn't been such a huge fan, I might not have minded.

Other than that, the movie was fine. Mirkwood got short shrift but I figured it would. Sauron was badass.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movie is actually really good if you ignore the idea that it comes from a book. Yes the Smaug and Bilbo scene were done improperly compared to the book, but I think the movie did the scene just fine if you leave the book out of it. At this point I am just enjoying the movie more as a " he used the book as a general guideline, rather than a rule" kind of principle. Just pretend the book does not exist and then watch the movie. This allows me to enjoy the relationship aspect between the Dwarf and Elf, the outrageous fight scenes and the dragon interactions so much more.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who was the actor for Smaug? He was really good. Was it the same guy who did Smeagol? How did they find someone so fucking big?!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Cumberbatch, the villain from Star Trek: Into the Darkness, voiced Smaug and IIRC did motion capture for him too.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Cumberbatch, the villain from Star Trek: Into the Darkness, voiced Smaug and IIRC did motion capture for him too.
I would have a nice laugh to see Benedict crawling around like a Dragon with little ping pong balls attached all over him. "Rawr i'm a dragon!"

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just saw it, I really enjoyed the fact they Sauron a real badass. Also I'm not sure they could have did a better job with Smaug.