The Hobbit

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just being more specific. They are referred to as the Dunedain several times in the books, and at least once in a deleted scene in the movies (Eowyn in Two Towers). They also aren't the only remnants of Numenor. The Houses of Hurin (Denethor, Boromir, Faramir) and Dol Amroth (Imrahil) are both of Numenorean descent as well.

Arakkis

N00b
Whoa I clicked the last page of this thread to see if there was any updates on the movie. I did not expect this level of nerdy shit.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
That scene scared the shit out of me! Calm, peaceful, safe Rivendell, the one place in Middle Earth where nothing bad can happ...HOLY SHIT WTF WAS THAT.
One of the most memorable moments in a cinema for me. There was a teenage couple sitting a few seats along from me, that Bilbo-monster face happened. The girl shrieked and was air-bourne in her chair. We all laughed for the next several minutes.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You all really think that's the perfect voice for Smaug? I don't know, it's not bad, but it's not what I expected. It sounds too...growly? scratchy? I can't really describe it. I was hoping for something a little more human-like. I think I just might have the voice of the animated Smaug firmly ingrained in my memory.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah they nailed the voice. He sounds really Evil, and every word would weigh heavy on you with dark magic.
My favorite voice thus far was from the Hobbit cartoon, but this one seems to top it.

Also the first Hobbit movie had allot of critics, but I am very much enjoying this trilogy.
The second movie looks like a moving Hildebrandt painting.

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
Let's say it ends up at $750m for all three at the end of the day. They'll likely bring in somewhere between $3b and 4b at the box office alone.

King Ashram_sl

shitlord
Loved the first one, enjoying all the extra nuances that weren't in the original text per-say. I don't mind them splitting the book into three parts because quite frankly I was tired of everyone bitching about how the LOTR movies weren't word for word. Well now I can tell people to shut their pie-hole and stop being hypocrites. They've done an excellent job elaborating on all of the smaller nuances of The Hobbit, showing more of the white council and general extra gandalf stuff that the book just skips over. Looking forward to the next installment.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Oh titties I saw a glimpse of Beorn in that trailer.
Can't wait.

rrr_img_45552.jpg