27CWqAS.jpg

YGvIz5P.jpg

HQz2tYw.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
My cactus arrangement is showing signs of returning from dormancy.
MuYmLHi.jpg

And if we look closer we can see a fruit has emerged!

XPJEePK.jpg

Seedling update. I left my house for a week and a half. As you can see I forgot to put them outside so they could get water naturally. Fortunately 2 of them may survive although I will have to plant more seeds to fill the void left from the guilt of not taking care of them properly.

f4RgYLn.jpg

My Mother of Thousands babies are thriving so well that they are overpopulating my windowsills.

0l1lfpY.jpg

My orchid opened another bloom. This one is larger and more vibrant when in comparison to the previous blooms.

u4dYwab.jpg

nG4MVmJ.jpg

• 3Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Easter lilies are a commercial creation. Like engagement rings. In nature they bloom in late spring and even in summer, not at Easter. The ones you buy are forced in a greenhouse. "They" say that forced lilies will never again bloom indoors. You have to plant them outside to get blooms. This was a Home Depot plant that I planted last fall, and here it is.

This is my only current success story. Everything on the front porch is currently covered in white flies. I've sprayed everything with a neem oil solution twice now. It's an ugly battlefield out there right now.

But here's the healthy lilies. The dead stalks next to it are what is left of the Tulipzillas.

4V3DtCo.jpg

hlaPo2z.jpg

• 3Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I inspected an unknown hedge on the outer aspect of my front porch just now on a hunch....

Thousands and thousands of whiteflies hanging out on the underside of the leaves.

Fuck me.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This is all the same plant over time, the white bleaching happens seconds.

Peony #1

7MzIGVs.jpg

Peony #2

QGZQjYh.jpg

Peony #3

RZaTJB3.jpg

Peony #4

lJWldXy.jpg

Peony #5

CjCREOG.jpg

Peony #6

h3gnbCD.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Dianthus - Focused on some of the bizarre color expressions - I am not sure if they should be called crosses or hybrids or mutants or what. I don't have the biology knowledge enough. The pure white are set for harvest, they really are that white/bright.

Dianthus #1

JnWr4WX.jpg

Dianthus #2

7wo45Xy.jpg

Dianthus #3

XwRhjGk.jpg

Dianthus #4

hdSQsjG.jpg

Dianthus #5

z57RCoU.jpg

Dianthus #6

ctCpOoX.jpg

Dianthus #7

tevXLvX.jpg

Dianthus #8

9igtVyp.jpg

Dianthus #9

gTHBGs1.jpg

Dianthus #10

nSckmJD.jpg

• 3Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Wow Dandain. So impressive. Really beautiful, healthy plants. You make me feel like a bumbling buffoon.

How do you deal with whiteflies or aphids or thrips? I discovered yesterday that I have all three. Whiteflies in a hedge, tens of thousands of them. Aphids on my easter lilies, and now today I found thrips on my sunflower seedling.

I've tried low concentrate neem oil solution with unimpressive results. Today I covered everything I could find with high concentrate neem. I also ordered a canister, packed in ice, that contains 25,000 of these things: PREDATORY MITES

I believe this first picture is whitefly larva and the second is of an adult thrip and maybe a thrip egg.

nz9XGgJ.jpg

8SC6R4F.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user