The House Plants Thread

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
You need to catch a Monarch Caterpillar next year and feed it the milk weed. Easily one of the most legit insect experiences in this life. Its pretty fuckin magic to watch the Monarch grow (all phases).

spring_Edson041302_C.jpg
67601829.SFpOHELM.3d6229_66.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The best show ever.

This is just a sample show from the middle of Season 1.

This is my current Game of Thrones. I just can't stop binge watching.

This channel is clearly a pirate that exists on YouTube and has sub-standard sound quality. But if you list all the 'Videos' and then start from the bottom of the list, they are in chronological order in that way.

It's a great show. Really. Worth the effort to watch in order, from bottom to top.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Ended up with a Hot Wings Tatarion Maple for the front, and a Northern Catalpa in back.

Wanted to go a bit bigger than 25 gallon buckets on them, but couldn't handle 45 solo really and they wanted 250 or more to deliver it 2 miles down the road and plant it. (No option to just drop it off at my pre dug hole)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Ended up with a Hot Wings Tatarion Maple for the front, and a Northern Catalpa in back.

Wanted to go a bit bigger than 25 gallon buckets on them, but couldn't handle 45 solo really and they wanted 250 or more to deliver it 2 miles down the road and plant it. (No option to just drop it off at my pre dug hole)

Pics?

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Also, a_skeleton_03 is apparently working on getting all the old attached pics imported. This thread should be re-populated with our old pics some time soon hopefully.

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe in a couple days, about to head into workweek and didnt get planted due to waiting for locators that were supposed to be here by now.

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Neighbor tree kinda overlapping one pic but here's the hot wing maple and northern catalpa. Shitty clay soil here so lots of soil prep amendment and half a bag of some fertilizer stuff in each. Pretty potent smell knew too much can burn them.

IMG_20160904_104527.jpg
IMG_20160904_103835.jpg

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Catalpa looking a little droopy wilted. Plenty of water, just replanting shock?

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
My desert rose is putting out it's second set of blooms this year!

DXdJim9.jpg

6ZNB1As.jpg

Also my rabbit's foot fern is producing a handsome amount of new frawns!

pcYfQKr.jpg

Update on the Jade I cut back, new growth and I also had to plant some Mother of thousands babies because they reproduce so quickly.

COgheP5.jpg

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
I caved and bought a peperoma the other day.

BGlY6Gy.jpg

Some lichen I found producing eye catching red growths. This grows all along both sides of my road.

WSwVcLf.jpg

• 2Like

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
My desert rose is still producing blooms! I apologize for not waiting until the season comes to an end and then condensing them into one post, but the blooms never cease to catch my eye.

I would highly recommend trying to have one of these in your collection if you can resist watering during the winter and can keep your house warm enough.

qnfOZtQ.jpg

Below is a variety of voodoo Lilly that was given to me as a gift along with the following alocasia.

CaNb2VW.jpg

OiJ4rEW.jpg

gJ65bUR.jpg

Last edited:

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
Update on my rabbit's foot fern. I removed the older frawns in an effort to harvest spores and to reduce crowding.

AqlIGbC.jpg

6yXyyR9.jpg

This is an empress of India in bloom. The flower as well as the leaves are edible.
Z1e7xmd.jpg

MGD4dbc.jpg

4eWBFqC.jpg

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
I have a woody perennial in bloom that I cannot identify, anyone have any ideas? The leaves are green and fuzzy on top and purple on the bottom. It responds very well to pruning and propagation via cuttings is very easy.
0twmT2r.jpg

Wt6igkK.jpg

nmTr0E3.jpg

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
v3MlFmB.jpg

Somewhat related.
The fall time scenery around my area is going into the peak of vibrancy.

Q055Xw3.jpg

NRegTvO.jpg

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
I bought a Cyclade today at the grocery store. They are a winter flowering tuber that goes into dormancy during the summer. They prefer cooler areas so unfortunately it won't be able to live in my room and will have to be placed in the garage.

gUJk1c7.jpg

HPL2COx.jpg

ME6XAkJ.jpg

5D7N6YZ.jpg

JImPyLH.jpg

• 2Like

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
My Angel Wing and Rex × Escargot begonias are currently in bloom.

3nLfthI.jpg

KT4Yk1L.jpg

0e0YPng.jpg

5UJRwdk.jpg

ryPuQ7o.jpg

I also found some Echeverias growing outside on a broken stone, so I potted them up and brought them inside.

0uDkOaK.jpg

VrLlreF.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users