The Interview - Rogan and Franco attempt to assassinate Kim Jong-Un

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I hope they're saving all the funny parts for the actual movie, because there wasn't a single one in that trailer.

Szlia

There is something creepy to make a movie about killing an actual person and something irresponsible about making it the leader of country with which diplomatic relations are difficult to say the least. There is a tradition in american comedy to ridicule foreign enemy leaders though, as amply proven by the diverse representations of Saddam Hussein. I am not sure it's such a great tradition as it somewhat feels like the heir of wartime propaganda.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Kim Jong-Un is a worthless POS. That's not propaganda, he really is a terrible person and not an ally we need

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'd say you're creepy if you wouldn't straight up kill Kim Jong Un, given the chance.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There is something creepy to make a movie about killing an actual person and something irresponsible about making it the leader of country with which diplomatic relations are difficult to say the least. There is a tradition in american comedy to ridicule foreign enemy leaders though, as amply proven by the diverse representations of Saddam Hussein. I am not sure it's such a great tradition as it somewhat feels like the heir of wartime propaganda.
Mocked Hitler and Tojo plenty too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one said he's a good guy. Just the idea that someone is creepy for not wanting to kill someone is stupid. A pussy, stupid, weak, whatever. Creepy just doesn't make sense.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's not creepy so much as it's just attempting to be droll. It fails. To actually be droll they would have to create a fantasy and allude to Kim Jong Un instead of naming him directly. But that's gonna take a lot more time than they have in 90 minutes worth of dick jokes.

It's gauche more than anything. Gauche does not disturb american audiences.

They'll make some money (not a shitpile of money, but some money) and 2 months from now no one will remember this movie ever existed. Which is fine, I guess. Americans have been doing this exact thing since forever. There is a tradition to be maintained.

It's not like Western Stageshows were high art.

Szlia

It feels strange to be vindicated by North Korea
frown.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say you're creepy if you wouldn't straight up kill Kim Jong Un, given the chance.
I find it creepy that you could so easily kill a person that only exists in your life through a television. You do not know this person. You have no idea whether or not this person is actually the person in control. There is no doubt that North Korea has problems, but I doubt it is all because of one person. If you live in North Korea and have personally seen this person commit horrible atrocities, then I apologize as you might have a reason to truly want him dead.

That aside, have you actually taken a human life? I doubt it is as easy as you think it is.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If we ever ended up going to war with North Korea, I'd really hope it wasn't because of some shitty fuckin' FRANCO AND ROGAN movie

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
movie looks stupid, these guys need to be aware of their core audience. stoners. stoners want to see you getting stoned and acting silly. they dont want to see a political thriller about killing a figurehead of a third world country thats on the brink of collapse. im sure the kim jongs were a bunch of fucking assholes, but i dont think they are directly responsible for whats going on in north korea. they are just the face you see while the guys in the background re-eductate their masses or just send rebels and all of their family (even distant relatives who have never met them) to death camps where they die in terrible ways.