The Interview - Rogan and Franco attempt to assassinate Kim Jong-Un

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I am not sure but this might be one of the few american movies that is permitted to be shown in North Korea. I mean the propaganda department there has been scrounging around looking for hidden messages in McDonald's commericials for the past 40 years that proves that the U.S. wants to kill all Koreans. Now they have a movie that says so right in the title.

Just hit the thing with the censorship stick, some alternative subtitles and some clever editing and voila, the biggest budget north Korean propaganda film of all time.

Side note, if anyone was actually brain-fucked-stupid enough to assassinate Kim Jong... whoever, that would be a massive boon to the party up there. They would write songs and perform dances about such a horrible transgression for the next 100 years, or until the country implodes, whichever comes first. Generations would be raised knowing what a glorious deity Kim was and how the realm of shadow and fire, The U.S., took him away from his people. But that if they work hard enough and pray fervently enough, Kim will return one day and usher in a new age of Korea that shall last for 1000 years.

That's how this shit starts people...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is a documentary out there, i dunno the name, but it talks about how in n korea there is a HUGE black market for western movies. they dont have internet but flash drives full of films and tv shows are smuggled in by boat or back roads and copied and sold all over the country. if a" kill kim jon un" movie gets released it wont be shown in theaters there, but the movie will have circulated all around the country within a month or two.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Imagine having your entire family and your children's children being put into the goulags and being executed because you spent your chang money on a bootleg James Franco movie and got caught.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Kim's death scene leaked, so don't read on if you're actually concerned with keeping the details a surprise. He's in a helicopter and gets 'sploded. It's been heavily censored according to the associated emails. Used to have his face melting, fireball didn't obscure his face exploding, and the head chunks were actually flesh colored. Fucking pussies.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
New York premiere cancelled over threats of violence by Sony hackers.

Did anyone not see this shit coming? Apparently Sony, I guess.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I didn't see this coming. The entire world hates NK so no reason to think there would be any uproar.

Goatface

Carmike Cinemas cancel showings of 'The Interview'

Carmike Cinemas operates 278 theaters across the country and is the first theater to pull the screenings of the controversial film, according to Hollywood trade publications The Hollywood Reporter and Variety.

Seth Rogen And James Franco Cancel All 'Interview' Press After Attack Threat

In the wake of Sony hackers announcing Tuesday that they were planning a 9/11-like attack against "The Interview" premiere and theaters showing the film, the movie's stars Seth Rogen and James Franco have cancelled all stops on their press tour.

The duo will now no longer be appearing on shows: "Late Night with Seth Meyers," "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," "Watch What Happens Live," a Yahoo interview, and a Buzzfeed Brews event in New York on Tuesday that was cancelled just a few hours before it was supposed to take place.

According to Variety, Bow Tie Cinemas, which has 55 locations across the country and approximately 350 screens, has also decided not to show The Interview in the wake of the Guardians of Peace?s 9/11-like threats.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
As if a bunch of Best Koreans could coordinate this bullshit at theaters everywhere in the U.S.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought the movie looked dumb. When they hacked sony over it, I became interested. Now that they started canceling screenings, my interest has intensified.

Gunna tip my hat to sony if this all turns out to be a marketing ploy. Tip my hat and go see their movie multiple times.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
In my world, this movie gets a 5% on RT and still breaks all records set by Avatar or whatever is the highest grossing movie these days.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The academy should draft this as a best picture nominee and everyone should vote for it.