The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Zuck has really done himself favors by doing Lex and JRE. Like him or hate him, he actually comes off as a real human in these conversations.
Yeah he comes off as a kid who just wants to build cool things, and doesn't give two shits if he has to destroy western democracy and the minds of children in order to pay for him to build cool things.

Turns out it's not a good idea to give a bunch of autistic geeks huge amounts of control over our lives. Well, not my lives, I've never used a Facebook product, and besides I do a good enough job of that myself.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
LOL dickriders....
1661987200671.png

• 1Worf

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll still listen to his podcast, but he's really, really starting to sound like a broken record on a lot of topics.

Even the comedy ones that I typically enjoy are becoming extremely repetitive. The best parts are when the guests tell stories/etc because it's not Joe just repeating the same stuff he's been saying for the last 5 years ad nauseum.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Louis is doing that thing big celebs do where they only talk about themselves and Hollywood stories and stuff. Bummer.
Louis recently did a few episodes of Matt and Shane's Secret Podcast where he and Shane Gillis went down the list of every American President and talked about each one. It was pretty funny and interesting as they are both huge history buffs. Louis was much more relaxed and like his old self than he is on the big shows like Rogan.

*well shit, someone beat me to it

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I think the last few weeks of guests have been pretty great 🤷‍♂️

I still have a few I haven’t even gotten around to yet

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sam Morril episode wasn't anything special by any stretch, but I like that guy. Just seemed like a regular ass dude on the show

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sam Morril and Mark Normand have a podcast called We Might Be Drunk that is pretty entertaining. I came across both those guys on YouTube during the plandemic and they are hilarious.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Mark Normand is probably the funniest comedian out right now, pure unfiltered and so quick. Saw him live, great shit, he just opens it up to the crowd at the end and just works it. I've also seen Joe live and it was garbage.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've never thought Joe was that impressive of a comedian. I like his specials, but it's basically just the same thing as having a funny stoner friend.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
He tries to channel Sam K. Way too much with all the constant yelling. Was always a major downside to his work on stage.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Louis is doing that thing big celebs do where they only talk about themselves and Hollywood stories and stuff. Bummer.
Oh. Look. Another one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915-215704_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-215704_YouTube.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220915-215651_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-215651_YouTube.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 59

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've never thought Joe was that impressive of a comedian. I like his specials, but it's basically just the same thing as having a funny stoner friend.
Joe is a good stand-up comic. He isn’t on the same level as Louis, Burr or Chappelle for consistently producing gold material but imo the dude knows how to work a mic in front of an audience.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I wouldn't even put Chapelle in the same tier as Louis and Burr. Chapelle and Rogan are great, funny entertainers. But Louis and Burr blindside me with their funny angles on things

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wouldn't even put Chapelle in the same tier as Louis and Burr. Chapelle and Rogan are great, funny entertainers. But Louis and Burr blindside me with their funny angles on things
I saw Joe doing standup in Philly once. It was something to do, but I didn't walk out of there feeling anything about what I had heard. But god damn were there a ton of JRE and UFC fans present.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Part of what makes Joe unique is that he's balls deep in several different topics that lots of people are interested in. I don't think many people actually listen to every episode but he's got comedy fans, UFC fans, diet and exercise fans, hunting fans, UFO/conspiracy fans, politics fans, etc.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fan fucking tastic episode

I've got over 30 years in the Healthcare. 15 years as an ER/Trauma nurse. 9 years in various management, CNO and COO work. And finally a hospital CEO for the past 6 years of one of the busiest hospitals our state. This episode NAILS everything wrong with our system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard

Old chapelle was #1, pre-africa. Now it's so woke it's barely comedy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got over 30 years in the Healthcare. 15 years as an ER/Trauma nurse. 9 years in various management, CNO and COO work. And finally a hospital CEO for the past 6 years of one of the busiest hospitals our state. This episode NAILS everything wrong with our system.
That dude basically had a ~2ish hour monologue on issues with healthcare and insurance. Joe barely got a word in, and it was riveting. Got a little salesman-y near the end, but really solid.

The Dave Attell one was kind of depressing. He's been one of my favorite comedians for years, and he just sounds absolutely run down. He also just seemed shellshocked being on the podcast, with lots of "thanks for what you do." "No, thanks for what you do." "No no, thank you!" Wasn't my favorite, and I don't see why I'd listen to it again.

• 1Like