The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That dude basically had a ~2ish hour monologue on issues with healthcare and insurance. Joe barely got a word in, and it was riveting. Got a little salesman-y near the end, but really solid.

The Dave Attell one was kind of depressing. He's been one of my favorite comedians for years, and he just sounds absolutely run down. He also just seemed shellshocked being on the podcast, with lots of "thanks for what you do." "No, thanks for what you do." "No no, thank you!" Wasn't my favorite, and I don't see why I'd listen to it again.
this is like daves 10th time on jre, never found any of his jre's to be worthwhile and i've seen him twice at the cellar in ny and just ho hum but hes regarded as comedy royalty

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I've seen him on Rogan before a few times, they were a lot better even then. This one was just kind of plodding and Dave seemed uncomfortable with being there. Easily one of the least memorable/interesting JREs in recent memory.

Dave Attell and Dave Chappelle were my absolute favorite comedians in the late 90s/early 2ks, before Burr and CK got more exposure. Just sad seeing how the mighty have fallen.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Most of the comics are weird around Joe now. He's not their homie anymore. Its like he's their fucking deity, lol

Kiki

Log Wizard
He's a machine 12 times bigger than CNN. He can change lives with a word.

Dave attell was cool when I was in college, there wasn't alot of good tv back then and he's just getting drunk and talking shit. That was just what you did, but once you grow out of it there's nothing funny left.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Most of the comics are weird around Joe now. He's not their homie anymore. Its like he's their fucking deity, lol
joe is a comedy kingmaker, he is better than toight show/lateshow/mtv/comedy central/hbo/youtube/netflix/radio..., anything comedians have ever tried to get on to "hit it big", being on 1 episode of jre is like getting made.

looks at hans kim, his newest opener
aad8bfc8b3a8d11e16253b302a7434f3.png

this guy was a fucking dud when he was w/ tony a week or so ago, but look at those spikes, all correlate to when joe shouts him out on the podcast

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
joe is a comedy kingmaker, he is better than toight show/lateshow/mtv/comedy central/hbo/youtube/netflix/radio..., anything comedians have ever tried to get on to "hit it big", being on 1 episode of jre is like getting made.

looks at hans kim, his newest opener
aad8bfc8b3a8d11e16253b302a7434f3.png

this guy was a fucking dud when he was w/ tony a week or so ago, but look at those spikes, all correlate to when joe shouts him out on the podcast
He was the most boring wallflower that's ever been on JRE. I was listening to that one while driving and every once in awhile, Hans would crawl out from under the table and mutter some random comment, then disappear again.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Hans is only a thing cause Tony got cancelled for Asian hate and as a joke made the first Asian he found a regular on KT then they trot him out with joe as a token

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Listened to 5 minutes. I think it probably makes more sense the dumber you are. There must be some purpose or meaning to life, otherwise why go on? It can't just be something that somebody made up, because if it was, it wouldn't be compelling. It's not religious in a way people usually talk about. It washes over you and tells you everything is connected. It doesn't make you feel bad, so I stopped taking them because there wasn't anything more than that. Although I wouldn't recommend it for everyone because it's part of everything happening now and always in the future.

I thought it was brilliant.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I made it about 8 1/2 minutes. It's definitely in the uncanny valley. I found it very aggravating to listen to.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I made it about 8 1/2 minutes. It's definitely in the uncanny valley. I found it very aggravating to listen to.
theres too much of like a 500ms lag between the sewn together sentences to believe it, even more noticable if you goto 1.5x or 2x speed

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

the prettiest and blandest comedian, joe finally seems to be showing his disdain for her, looked like she kept on trying to make a point and waiting for old cali joe to agree w/ her, but this is texas joe that survived cnn

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I got like 20m in to that and changed it. She just came across as a super entitled liberal wine lady and wasn't entertaining at all.

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Same here. About 2 minutes after she brought up abortion, I ended up turning it off and switching to Rick Rubin.

It's funny you guys said something about that one. I've heard Joe mention that since moving to spotify, they can see where people turn off an episode, pause it, skip, etc. Hopefully he'll show Iliza that the listener count jumped off a cliff minutes after she went typical-shitlib on abortion. When I turned it off, that's exactly what I was thinking. "I'm sure i'm not the only person turning this bitch off right here. Hopefully she sees a graph..."

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
she tried for like 3minutes to make a

in her dude bro voice
rock makes cheat meals but healthy!!!
joke

and joe was like whatever

then jaime is like wth is this double doubles

and then this cringe moment where she defends hilary

and all women who run for office

and joe is like
tulsi is awesome

"i don't know who she is"

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Also he has lots of good stories about famous musicians. The dude has made $250 million dollars on the creative side of the music business without ever singing a song or playing an instrument on a record. Pretty unique life he has.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rick Rubin podcast was incredibly entertaining. He made some crazy claims towards the end about his healthy journey, but everything else was gold. He took pauses that rode right up until the point where you would ask "is my audio fucked?" and then respond. Dude knows his recording shit with absolutely no doubt.

I've started the Anthony Keidis one and he's already leaning into loopy cali hippy land and saying weird obviously nonsense shit - not sure if it's an act or not but it's very offputting. Will power through this afternoon~