The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Adam Curry was great. I knew he had that podcast with John Dvorak, I never checked it out though.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Adam Curry was great. I knew he had that podcast with John Dvorak, I never checked it out though.

I listened to it for about 6 months, but I had to stop. They argue too much and they are too far up the conspiracy tree for my liking. It is sad, because they have a lot of good analysis on media coverage.

And on top of that they constantly bitch about money. I like their support model, but I hate having to skip through 1/3 of the podcast because they do two separate 20 minute intervals of recognizing supporters....every...single...podcast.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Ive been listening to his No Agenda podcast for a year, its pretty good.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I listened to No Agenda for a couple years. I think Curry is off his rocker half the time but he's very entertaining. I liked Dvorak even more but I eventually fell off for the same reasons as LiquidDeath. They're a little too far out for me or at least Adam was and the talk about money all the time got old. One of the few podcasts to actually make money without ads though. You have to listen for a while because the show has been going on forever and there's tons of inside jokes and references to past topics.

Definitely going to listen to him on JRE though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I really enjoyed Stephen Dubner, but then I used to listen to Freakanomics so that wasn't surprising to me. I think they are similar in styles with the exception that Dubner tries to get hard numbers to back up things he says

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Freakonomics has overtaken This American Life as my favorite NPR podcast. I just love the rational way economists look at things. They're probably terrible to be married to, but fun to listen to. Planet Money is very good as well, kind of a shorter version of Freakonomics.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The one with STephen Dubner (Freakonomics) was really good. Seemed like he was mostly interviewing Joe rather than the other way around and it was interesting to hear Joe's perspective on how Trump uses his speeches basically like a standup routine.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Stephen Dubner is an award-winning author, journalist, and podcast and radio host. He is co-author of the popular Freakonomics book series and host of Freakonomics Radio and podcast.
I had just heard Dubner on Bill Simmon's podcast and he did the same thing. He basically interviewed Bill, lol. Both his pod's on JRE and BS Pod are great conversations and good listens. He just has a very logical and interesting outlook on the world.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Freakonomics has overtaken This American Life as my favorite NPR podcast. I just love the rational way economists look at things. They're probably terrible to be married to, but fun to listen to. Planet Money is very good as well, kind of a shorter version of Freakonomics.
Radio Lab is in the same vein, worth checking out if you haven't listened to any of them.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I listen to Radiolab too. I put them right below Freakonomics and This American Life. Radiolab is sort of an overproduced imitation of This American Life IMO, but it's very good.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Andrew Santino is a stand up comedian and actor. He will be in the new FXX show "Dave" starting on March 4, also available on Hulu. Check out his podcast “Whiskey Ginger” & also look for his new podcast with comedian Bobby Lee called "Bad Friends" both available on Apple Podcasts & YouTube. @Andrew Santino @Bad Friends

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. Look for his book "Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Deadly Germs" for more info. https://amzn.to/2IAzeLe

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. Look for his book "Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Deadly Germs" for more info. https://amzn.to/2IAzeLe
This one is good. It will inform you about Corona a lot better than all the other bullshit media outlets. He also dispels a lot of myths about prevention and how you go about contracting the virus. I wouldn't call him an alarmist, but he does suggest that we are only at the tip of the iceberg on all this stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This one is good. It will inform you about Corona a lot better than all the other bullshit media outlets. He also dispels a lot of myths about prevention and how you go about contracting the virus. I wouldn't call him an alarmist, but he does suggest that we are only at the tip of the iceberg on all this stuff.
yea it was good, i liked he was quick witted on anything in his field practically

like yea, back in nam, i did all this testing

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Not alarmist at all. The worst he did was compare it to Spanish flu, and in context even that was not alarmist.

He is a professional pessimist. Which doesn't mean he's wrong, it means that his work is to seriously consider the worst potentials in order to mitigate them. THat's a necessary function.

That one is well worth the time.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just don't bother listening to this snooze

jesus christ so boring, he also trains with israel, so we could at least expect some kind of 3rd handed apology from a team mate for such a shit tacular fight? nope

also, honestly i watch ufc, as evident in the thread, i forgot this guy was the fw champ, lulz he's that insignificant

Needless

Toe Sucker
israel was hardly to blame for that fight lmao

that osterholm episode was really good though, good timing on that lol

Sterling

El Presidente
israel was hardly to blame for that fight lmao

that osterholm episode was really good though, good timing on that lol
You don't understand sir. Implementing what you believe to be the best strategy to win is unacceptable if casual fight fans don't like it.