The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Fuck yes!

Hugo Martin is the creative director of Doom Eternal by id Software. Doom Eternal releases everywhere on all platforms on March 20, 2020

iannis

Musty Nester
It's like a straight up commercial for Doom for at least 20 minutes.

It's not like the Carmack interview.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

some dumb indian chick tries to talk about indians and knows less than joe, her name is fucking st paddys day

joe lists off 10 indian books he's read...

joe says "did you read them?"

i don't want to read your white man books about indians joe!!!

"i walk in here with brown skin... what did you think of me joe, no feathers in my hair"

bitch, you as pale as that tissue paper on the desk!!!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok i stopped listening after this crazy bitch said that the "myths" of where indians come from (the bering strait) written by white men is bad, we should believe in indian origins

joe "whats that"

that we came from the ground

joe "just came up from the ground"

yes, i've been to that place, it looks like a womans, whatever, we came from there.

it's around the 1:50 mark if you want to listen to crazy for that long

this podcast makes indians look like what they really are, red retards

• 1Worf

iannis

Musty Nester
Might be the first time now has had a face to face with an injun.

I've only ever known one 7/8th. About as pureblood as you're going to find. He was a super cool guy but he believed some truly weird shit. 90% normal, he was no dummy. But every now and then it was like, "wait. What?"

Amusingly, he was named todd.

I've known plenty of lumbees. They're basically white people that wanted a sovereign state about a county big.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

some dumb indian chick tries to talk about indians and knows less than joe, her name is fucking st paddys day

joe lists off 10 indian books he's read...

joe says "did you read them?"

i don't want to read your white man books about indians joe!!!

"i walk in here with brown skin... what did you think of me joe, no feathers in my hair"

bitch, you as pale as that tissue paper on the desk!!!
I got about an Hour into it before I had to turn it off. Listening to "victims" is so exhausting. Bitching and whining, with no answers or solutions to the real problems these people find themselves in. I live in an area with a high concentration of some of the most depressed Native American populations in the country. It is sad and tragic.

Joe even tries to steer her towards a productive path. "What can be done about youth suicide, never graduating high school, poverty, despair, alcoholism, drug addiction?"

She talks about "healing from historic trauma". She talks about taking back historic artifacts, historical mourning, and cultural revitalization... From what I can tell, "leaders" like this lady aren't doing anything to actually make a difference. There is an inability to actually recognize the most damning problems, then start there. Figure out the life-altering decision patterns that are threatening the actual lives of your people, then we will go get your Carved Buffalo artifact back from France after that.

Maybe she starts to get more rational as the Pod goes on, but like I said, I only lasted an hour.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
My grandfather did some work with the Cherokee nation before he died.

It's a risky fucking business because the state will not enforce contracts in Cherokee. If they decide not to pay you, and they do that fairly often, you don't get paid and there is no recourse.

I'm sure this woman would see that as a legitimate ruse of war. The thing is... that attitude one part of why the reservations are 3rd world nations. There's plenty of reasons but that is one of them and it is one of them that they could control.

I really do think we should either incorporate them as states, or at least incorporate them into their "home" states. The time for reservations has passed. This way of doing it no longer services their populations. It never really did, but it at least provided them with a sanctuary. Not so much anymore.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I only got about 5 minutes in and got distracted, if she's dumb I guess I won't bother going back. Normally his history/cultural people are good, that's a disappointment.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only got about 5 minutes in and got distracted, if she's dumb I guess I won't bother going back. Normally his history/cultural people are good, that's a disappointment.
It is a disappointment and the Native American population deserved a better, more productive discussion.

• 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Maybe this episode will cleanse this pallett...

Jonathan Ward is the owner of ICON and a designer and creator of coach-built premium automobiles.

iannis

Musty Nester
Wow, that dude restored himself a station wagon.

40k miles and he's on his third transmission. Heh.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Listening to "victims" is so exhausting. Bitching and whining, with no answers or solutions to the real problems these people find themselves in. I live in an area with a high concentration of some of the most depressed Native American populations in the country. It is sad and tragic.

This is the problem with the whole victim narrative. When you define someone as a victim you make them powerless. Just like other ghettos, Indian reservations are being held back by substance abuse, bad parenting, and political corruption, all of which are terrible problems that are difficult to deal with. Welfare, or whatever they call it on the rez just allows the problem to perpetuate.

Rather than tackle that stuff, as a leader or politician you make a lot more hay by telling people "It's not you it's the bad racists that did this to you. Vote for me and I'll make the government give you what you deserve. After all you can't possibly get it yourself because of all the bad racists keeping you down."

That's a pretty good way to keep people dependant on you as a politician but a piss poor way to actually improve things.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Maybe this episode will cleanse this pallett...

Jonathan Ward is the owner of ICON and a designer and creator of coach-built premium automobiles.
too fucking boring

the black guy that rebuilt a tesla was interesting, this guy is pure snooze.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have never enjoyed Duncan as a guest, maybe this time will be different... 🤷‍♂️

Duncan Trussell is a stand-up comedian, and host of his own podcast “The Duncan Trussell Family Hour”. Look for his new show "The Midnight Gospel" which starts streaming April 20 on Netflix. @Duncan Trussell

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have never enjoyed Duncan as a guest, maybe this time will be different... 🤷‍♂️

Duncan Trussell is a stand-up comedian, and host of his own podcast “The Duncan Trussell Family Hour”. Look for his new show "The Midnight Gospel" which starts streaming April 20 on Netflix. @Duncan Trussell
highly doubtful, he already starts off like a retard talking in a gaskmask

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I like Duncan, ya'll are haters. What I like most, though, is when Joe abandons pretense, puts on the space suit, and blasts off to fucking pluto.

• 1Dislike

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I have skipped a couple of the Duncan podcasts, but I liked this one and watched the whole thing while casually gaming. They go on some funny tears throughout, I'd give it a solid B+ on the background buddies bullshitting noise scale. I lol'd when they spark up and Duncan calls out that all the internet tough guys getting ready to give him shit about the mask and knowing it's pointless with him having a beard etc.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am guessing we will see Bert on JRE soon considering his new special just came out.