The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Uhh its called band drama? Some fucknut always wants to be leader or some shit and the others are like, uhh no? Or conflicts arise between band mates about music itself, like this shit rocks, others are like..uhh, no it does not. Then there is drug problems, alcohol, people becoming fucking ass holes because they drink, etc...etc..

Fuck, it happens in garage bands I have been in since the late 80s. And we only ever played covers, IN THE GARAGE lol. Imagine getting some fucking egos like that together.

The only reason they probably got back together was the others were running out of cash, lol. and im betting they still hate each other.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Uhh its called band drama? Some fucknut always wants to be leader or some shit and the others are like, uhh no? Or conflicts arise between band mates about music itself, like this shit rocks, others are like..uhh, no it does not. Then there is drug problems, alcohol, people becoming fucking ass holes because they drink, etc...etc..

Fuck, it happens in garage bands I have been in since the late 80s. And we only ever played covers, IN THE GARAGE lol. Imagine getting some fucking egos like that together.

The only reason they probably got back together was the others were running out of cash, lol. and im betting they still hate each other.
Never made a music video for this

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Bunch of overly sensitive artistic types trying to collaborate on a piece of art = DRAMA. Throw in booze, drugs, and pussy and it's a wonder any bands hold it together long term. Bands like Guns and Roses or Fleetwood Mack probably left hundreds of millions of dollars on the table because they couldn't stop fighting with each other. Seems like by the time everyone is in their 50s or 60s they should be able to get it together but if a band has lasted that long then the egos are through the roof so that probably complicates it even more.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
most likely he asked Rogan that he doesn't focus on the Music talk, cuz Joe veered a lot.

If you think i'm bullshit and all this is organic, no, guests can make requests like this, from memory the easiest example is mel gibson, he only wanted to talk about stem cells...

cuz you think as a comedian, Joe wouldn't go "WTF MEL, you're on the phone screaming about nogs and jews..."

nope, just stem cells.
Nah, it would be more like his early podcasts if it was organic. Of course he has a loose structure to it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I mentioned in the Tool thread, but I listened to the entire thing hoping he'd talk about the new album or something, and every single time he brought it up Joe would be like "cool cool cool, so how's the wine?" or whatever. Super frustrating.
Dead on, I noticed the same thing.

It's obviously possible that Joe was just being an oblivious stoner, but is it possible that he's getting tired of people using his show to announce books/movies/albums/specials and he's starting to shit on those announcements more often? Maynard isn't the first time I thought I got a whiff of that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Dead on, I noticed the same thing.

It's obviously possible that Joe was just being an oblivious stoner, but is it possible that he's getting tired of people using his show to announce books/movies/albums/specials and he's starting to shit on those announcements more often? Maynard isn't the first time I thought I got a whiff of that.
maybe, it is the blacks that does this lately tho, it's not a racist thing, just something i noticed the black guests interrupt the "flow" of the podcast in the middle and go "hey yo, hey yo, can i plug muh twitter???"

that hotep guy did it, and that comedian with the father.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Joe just seems like he doesn't really give a shit about music, which is really lame. Maynard actually seemed like he wanted to talk about the band and the album this time and Joe would rather talk about fucking centipedes eating mice.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
He's just a struggling boxer with 6 kids, a fiance, and a brand new rolls royce!

I really got a feeling that dude is gonna be poor again in 10 years.

Really fucking impressive that he can not just compete, but win the heavyweight title though.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
man, remember when she was pretty
article-2723540-207DF42900000578-758_634x879.jpg

wtf, do you have to like shove a few hot dogs down her or something?
Seeing her become more plastic and botox'd up makes my penis soft. :(

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
she's also as funny as cancer - or actually, cancer when it's giving a lecture about the white patriarchy while living a life of luxury in LA

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funny is subjective, but I don't see how you can think Whitney is a hack. That joke she had about Joan Rivers? omg, lol...

"Joan Rivers is so old that her vagina has a separate entrance for black dicks" -Whitney Cummings

• 1Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I haven't seen her standup, but she's funny on the podcast. The bit about using Hedy Lamar's genius to look up pics of the whore version of her, that was good.

• 1Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Funny is subjective, but I don't see how you can think Whitney is a hack. That joke she had about Joan Rivers? omg, lol...

"Joan Rivers is so old that her vagina has a separate entrance for black dicks" -Whitney Cummings
That one had me rolling, that and Greg Giraldo's joke about Ice T, holy fuck that was good.

• 1Worf

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Joe: spends an hour railing against Antifa, the infrastructure and politicians who enable them, mob violence and the tactics of silencing political opponents through violence and intimidation, the naivete of the extreme left in laughing off these violent tactics, reinforcing what he's said on multiple podcasts about his opposition to this

Lanx: Joe is no different from Antifa supporters

like, wat?
I just got around to listening to this one while painting over the weekend, and I was really disappointed by how Joe let so many antifa supporters off the hook. So I'm guilty of all the crimes ever committed by white males simply by being born one, but people who willingly support a movement don't have to condemn the violence committed by other members of the group because they don't really understand? american inventor, plz

Joe was heading down the right path, but he still gets hung up by the "I'm Hollywood, so I must support the left" glitch

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe we didn't watch the same podcast, but I don't remember him saying anything about white people, and he spent the entire thing talking about how fucked up using violence for political ends is.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
yep, must have been a totally different podcast. definitely IOOTI.

• 1Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What else was he supposed to do? Get up on the table and take a shit on an antifa symbol, live on youtube? He went off on antifa as a concept, the tactics, the governmental response to it, the ignorance that leads to these confrontations, the anti free speech bent. Everything out of his mouth was against antifa and against the societal structure that allowed that to happen.