The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I auto-skip all the MMA pods. They are dull as fuck. Even when he had Forrest Griffin on, who should have been an amazing interview, I was bored to tears. Cowboy Cerrone is about the only one I will listen to.
most boring one this year has to be karate hottie.

like i said previous, that strongman was way more enjoyable to listen to, i mean, it was a worthless podcast, but still better than aljamain sterling???, super loser yves edwards?

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, the MMA ones are pretty boring. They really don't talk about that much.

The strongman was mildly interesting. As often as Joe offhandedly shits on strongman competitions I was expecting a little bit more back and forth mockery. But even the strongman didn't say all that much.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
first podcast in a while

and it's this singer retard, they spend so much "go unplug man, go take a walk man, just be cool man"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah I had to turn that one off after not very long.

When he says "go find a stranger and learn something about them" that's... juvenille. It really is. What are you, a low rent Rollins? It may be hard for an extrovert to understand that introverts exist and that's actually horrible advice. You can't be in Tool and pretend to be an introvert. Even if overall the point is a good point that it's too easy to get sucked into the irreality that is the internet and digital media and become disconnected.

The way he's saying it comes off as ivory tower stoner shit, tbh. And he's not a stoner, but that's how it comes off. It's not a bad point but it's a very bad way to make it.

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I had to turn that one off after not very long.

When he says "go find a stranger and learn something about them" that's... juvenille. It really is. What are you, a low rent Rollins? It may be hard for an extrovert to understand that introverts exist and that's actually horrible advice. You can't be in Tool and pretend to be an introvert. Even if overall the point is a good point that it's too easy to get sucked into the irreality that is the internet and digital media and become disconnected.

The way he's saying it comes off as ivory tower stoner shit, tbh. And he's not a stoner, but that's how it comes off. It's not a bad point but it's a very bad way to make it.
yea but you had to fast forward through 10minutes, "OMG MAN, I'M GONNA DO IT!, I'M GONNA USE THE SOCIAL MEDIA TO PUT MY MUSIC ON, WHOA MAN!!!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I mentioned in the Tool thread, but I listened to the entire thing hoping he'd talk about the new album or something, and every single time he brought it up Joe would be like "cool cool cool, so how's the wine?" or whatever. Super frustrating.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
first podcast in a while

and it's this singer retard, they spend so much "go unplug man, go take a walk man, just be cool man"
Pretty bad. Total snoozer.

Starting to see a pattern here with repeat guests getting worse and worse. The first time Joe brings people on, they have a reason or a purpose to be there. They have original stories or a unique perspective to share. Then, the next time they come back, they come on as Joe's buddies and the conversations fall into some very boring and predictable places.

The only people that seem to get better with repeat performances are Theo Von & Ms Pat.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Maynard did an interview for some rag where he went out of his way to not talk about music. Was all about the wine. Artists can get pretty squirrelly when the shit they’re interested in isn’t what the fans are interested in.

Love Tool but I’m not going to watch that interview. I find listening to a musical artist outside of the context of their music makes them less enjoyable (Re: interviews featuring Josh Home and his trash-ass wife.)

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Pretty bad. Total snoozer.

Starting to see a pattern here with repeat guests getting worse and worse. The first time Joe brings people on, they have a reason or a purpose to be there. They have original stories or a unique perspective to share. Then, the next time they come back, they come on as Joe's buddies and the conversations fall into some very boring and predictable places.

The only people that seem to get better with repeat performances are Theo Von & Ms Pat.
Yeah there's a lot of repeated content generally when it's a guest that had been on before. Exceptions tend to be his comedian friends, but yeah.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Speaking of his friends...

Joe: "I think it ends with mind reading software"
Whitney: *blinks*

• 1Like

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone surprised that Maynard doesn’t want to talk about Tool has never listened or watched an interview with the guy. His music is good but that’s about it.

iannis

Musty Nester
Maynard did an interview for some rag where he went out of his way to not talk about music. Was all about the wine. Artists can get pretty squirrelly when the shit they’re interested in isn’t what the fans are interested in.

Love Tool but I’m not going to watch that interview. I find listening to a musical artist outside of the context of their music makes them less enjoyable (Re: interviews featuring Josh Home and his trash-ass wife.)
I actually enjoy Floyd a little bit less after listening to Roger waters.

He's very mild and dull. How is this the guy who wrote animals?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Speaking of his friends...

Joe: "I think it ends with mind reading software"
Whitney: *blinks*
man, remember when she was pretty
article-2723540-207DF42900000578-758_634x879.jpg

wtf, do you have to like shove a few hot dogs down her or something?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think Maynard is a pretty interesting dude, myself. I really like his music, from his Tool days, APC all the way to his recent Puscifer shit. I think its all great. But aside that its the shit he does that makes him interesting, and in turn what he writes about in his music more interesting. Sure, he could be some ordinary music star dude, live in a secluded walled off section where other millionare stars live, but no, the fucker moves to BFE Arizona and buys a winery. Loves his nature shit, loves to farm, does jujitsu on the side. I think its great.

I mean WTF do you want to know about his music? Thats his heart and soul, we listen to it hear it, but what I wanna know is what makes a dude like this tick aside his music, that to me is more interesting than hearing some drama about rock stars and shit.

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just wanted something, didn't have to be the focus. Like, talk for literally 2 minutes about the album. Or why it took more than a decade to get made, or why it's 2019 and we are just now getting Tool on streaming platforms. He started to talk about that, then it was just gone. I get that he doesn't want to focus on it, and he has an interesting life, lots to talk about, but for fucks sake give a token 5 minutes to the goddamn album.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
As a man he's interesting. I've only heard him talk the twice on JRE and both times I turned it off early.

I like the fact that he's "just a dude". But as far as dudes go, it's sort of uninteresting. I don't begrudge him any of it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I just wanted something, didn't have to be the focus. Like, talk for literally 2 minutes about the album. Or why it took more than a decade to get made, or why it's 2019 and we are just now getting Tool on streaming platforms. He started to talk about that, then it was just gone. I get that he doesn't want to focus on it, and he has an interesting life, lots to talk about, but for fucks sake give a token 5 minutes to the goddamn album.
most likely he asked Rogan that he doesn't focus on the Music talk, cuz Joe veered a lot.

If you think i'm bullshit and all this is organic, no, guests can make requests like this, from memory the easiest example is mel gibson, he only wanted to talk about stem cells...

cuz you think as a comedian, Joe wouldn't go "WTF MEL, you're on the phone screaming about nogs and jews..."

nope, just stem cells.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
most likely he asked Rogan that he doesn't focus on the Music talk, cuz Joe veered a lot.

If you think i'm bullshit and all this is organic, no, guests can make requests like this, from memory the easiest example is mel gibson, he only wanted to talk about stem cells...

cuz you think as a comedian, Joe wouldn't go "WTF MEL, you're on the phone screaming about nogs and jews..."

nope, just stem cells.
Yeah, I listen to a few of these interview podcasts and I've heard at least Maron and Hardwick mention before that they don't want to make people uncomfortable, if a guest says something is off limits then that's fine. Generally I'm cool with that, I'm not interested in a teary tell all. But damn. 10+ years.